Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859037 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1500 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:32 am »

Accidentally clicked on the Members List and realized that there are thousands more members of Bay12 than those I see around day-to-day. Many of them have less than a hundred posts and haven't been active for over a decade. Who are these people? Where did they go? What are they doing now? Why am I so invested in these people that are literally nothing more than a name on a screen to me?

Also, God I really miss Legends and Adventure, AKA The Sacred Realm, AKA the best damn Zelda fan site the world has ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:43:19 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 14, 2016, 09:25:21 am »

Not being able to play Skyrim is making me kinda bummed out right now.

I only played a short way in a few years ago and actually really liked it... never got to see most of the content I was really excited about. Now people are talking about it again and it's making me really itch to play it properly, but I can't because of my stupid fucked up hands. Not without some serious pain.

I mean... that's not entirely true, I'm sure I could with some strict time management. But. It seems like playing Skyrim for a maximum of 15 minutes a day would drive me way crazier than not playing at all.

Also, watching shows lately with other people marathon-gaming in them is making me feel sorry for myself. Bleh.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1502 on: August 14, 2016, 10:37:17 am »

Bluargh, i feel you. I've had shoulder/arm/hand pain for a long time now, and i'm not sure what i can game because of it. :<

also it's not even 6pm yet and my nose has already bled 3 times today

5 if we count after midnight but before sleeping

Something is prodding my allergy pretty badly. Last night i thought i was catching a cold because of how violently overproductive my nose was. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: August 14, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »

My keyboard randomly died last night for no reason. My new one feels weird.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 14, 2016, 03:52:20 pm »

Something is prodding my allergy pretty badly. Last night i thought i was catching a cold because of how violently overproductive my nose was. :I

Huh. I've been having the same issue. I don't have any allergies that I'm aware of.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 14, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

Huh. I've been having the same issue. I don't have any allergies that I'm aware of.
Illegal human field testing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: August 14, 2016, 05:25:11 pm »

Bathroom sink was clogged again so I had a bloody hard time shaving.

Also had my first wash in over a week. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 14, 2016, 08:41:18 pm »

I tried to open a battery pack from an old laptop, as I heard that you can replace the cells cheap. Thought it might be a neat mini-project to do over the weekend.

Spoiler: So much for that plan (click to show/hide)

I have heard people say that there is some conspiracy to disable the pack after time/charges to make you buy more, even though the cells are fine. 4 out of 6 of the cells were completely dead, so that doesn't appear to be the case here.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 14, 2016, 09:40:31 pm »

Had to take the cat in to the vet on short notice today. That was a three-hour adventure, but at least the kitty seems to be alright. The thing is, my cat is long-haired, sheds when nervous and doesn't much like vet visits. Result: My clothes are now eligible to be classified as a fursuit.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 14, 2016, 09:44:35 pm »

I have heard people say that there is some conspiracy to disable the pack after time/charges to make you buy more, even though the cells are fine. 4 out of 6 of the cells were completely dead, so that doesn't appear to be the case here.

conspiracy theorys are often just that... And to be honest making up some kind of circuitry to stop or weaken the charge capacity of a battery pack is more work than just installing proper charge limiters to prevent overcharging or overdischarging.

So what are you gonna do with those two good cells then? You still got the makings of a fun little project right there so long as you don't accidentally explode them like I did last year.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1510 on: August 14, 2016, 10:11:37 pm »

That's basically just planned obsolescence tho
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 14, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »

So what are you gonna do with those two good cells then? You still got the makings of a fun little project right there so long as you don't accidentally explode them like I did last year.

Firstly, test their capacity on my charger. To do that though I need to basically find several hours straight to babysit them (which is hard at the moment) to make sure they don't get hot during charge.

If they turn out OK, I was thinking of using them to power a RaspberryPI + RTL-SDR, for use with the shortwave antenna in my back yard.

How did you manage to explode yours?

That's basically just planned obsolescence tho

I imagine if that's what they were going for, they would have built the whole battery pack into the laptop, rather than making it user replaceable. Like a lot of new computers are.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: August 14, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »

Nah, a lot of laptop battery packs are super expensive for that reason.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:24 am »

Nah, a lot of laptop battery packs are super expensive for that reason.

Eh, the battery pack I took apart was made in Japan, and seem to contain just about every type of protection in existence on the PCB. They are much higher quality than aftermarket packs (some of which use recycled cells themselves).

You eat your own head

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 15, 2016, 12:18:26 am »

How did you manage to explode yours?

I think I managed to somehow make them discharge into eachother in a really weird way... I'm not entirely sure why it happened either.

Pretty much blew up right next to my head and now my daughters japanophile girlfriend likes to joke I'm Balalaika or Hanako depending on my mood at the time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 779