Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859123 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1305 on: June 28, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »

My car overheated after ascending a hill I've never had problems with before. Now I'm stuck here on the side of the highway and thirsty :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 28, 2016, 07:30:34 pm »

Why is drawing fantasy maps so hard? I try to make a traditional-styled continent, either it looks weird or it looks like a Europe knockoff. I try generating a map (tried the donjon fractal, Civ II, and Dwarf Fortress, among others) and it looks nothing like a continent (Civ II and DF both have fetishes for having the ocean carve up the continent; donjon either places the continent really badly or spontaneously develops the Civ II/DF ocean fetish.) I tried something unorthodox--namely, making the continent the corpse of a South America-sized brachiosaurus--and it's just... not what I was going for.

Argh.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 28, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

Try the CivIII one, it's pretty good. Even fairly realistic, I read somewhere.

If you want, I'll send you the editor, if that doesn't violate some copyright rule.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 28, 2016, 08:22:42 pm »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Had someone who was not on my Skype list contact me and I thought it was my friend who forgiven me.

nope... it was someone else.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn you Skype! daaaaamn you!

I could contact my friend on the few media he overlooked to delete me from >_> but I don't want to bug him.
You could also not give a shit. There's a lot of people on this planet.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 28, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »

You could also not give a shit. There's a lot of people on this planet.

And when I get a good friend, I'll call you.

---

Also my friend hasn't forgiven me and still hates me...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 28, 2016, 08:27:18 pm »

Try the CivIII one, it's pretty good. Even fairly realistic, I read somewhere.

If you want, I'll send you the editor, if that doesn't violate some copyright rule.
Oh, no thanks. I'll come up with something. I appreciate the gesture, though!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 28, 2016, 09:22:55 pm »

Well... I deleted my friend off the only thing he forgot to delete me off of (or he wasn't able to)

So... yeah pretty much there is no longer a way to contact him anymore and I'll have to learn to cope without.

I got no one I can just talk to anymore or do things with anymore...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 29, 2016, 12:47:42 am »

You could also not give a shit. [...]
Not good advice for moving into the second sentence. :-\ It creates a tone of making the case into not caring, which won't help you care less or move from detaching yourself in the many times those few words have been said.
It may also give the idea to assign value into what's happening, that the other person doesn't matter or stuff.
I got no one I can just talk to anymore or do things with anymore...
It's not the end, dude :> That's the same state we all were before we met other folks! \o/

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 29, 2016, 01:04:46 am »

Why is drawing fantasy maps so hard? I try to make a traditional-styled continent, either it looks weird or it looks like a Europe knockoff. I try generating a map (tried the donjon fractal, Civ II, and Dwarf Fortress, among others) and it looks nothing like a continent (Civ II and DF both have fetishes for having the ocean carve up the continent; donjon either places the continent really badly or spontaneously develops the Civ II/DF ocean fetish.) I tried something unorthodox--namely, making the continent the corpse of a South America-sized brachiosaurus--and it's just... not what I was going for.

Argh.
Remember that, in a fantasy setting, the world might very well have been created by one or more gods. Thus, it doesn't need to follow the real life rules of topography.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 29, 2016, 01:14:31 am »

Argh.
Remember that, in a fantasy setting, the world might very well have been created by one or more gods. Thus, it doesn't need to follow the real life rules of topography.
Also remember your tectonic plates :3 It's like drawing two main parts for ocean/land, then mashing them up together to create mountains or depressions for water, cracks for lining your continents, or rivers for water runoff. The best thing about it, despite its difficulty, is the freedom to do it all by creativity \o/
You can do it Tawa :D
Your name practically means 'laugh' in my language!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 29, 2016, 01:18:11 am »

*hugpats everybody, especially Neonivek*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1316 on: June 29, 2016, 02:57:21 am »

The mildest of sads: I have one mouse and one pair of headphones. It makes switching to my desktop from my laptop an ache, but Dark Souls only works on my desktop, which in turn isn't great for anything else. Blurk. Also it's eleven degrees here and I can't feel my fingers. And I'm oddly nauseous. Blurk.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 29, 2016, 05:10:31 am »

Woke up... about forty-five minutes ago. It is around 5 AM. Went to sleep around midnight. Can't seem to go back to sleep. So now I'm awake, and tired, and my eyes hurt, as they often seem to when the sleep is rough or interrupted.

Yet another day where I idly hate being human. Goddamn biology. This shit right here is an example of probably 90% of the reason I support cybernetics and potential mind uploading. I want to be able to turn this misery off.

Worst part is probably that I even woke up to this from a pretty nice dream. Already forgotten most of it, but there was giant robots. Going from giant robot shenanigans to exhaustion and aching eyeballs sucks all the harder :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:50 am »

The mildest of sads: I have one mouse and one pair of headphones. It makes switching to my desktop from my laptop an ache, but Dark Souls only works on my desktop, which in turn isn't great for anything else. Blurk. Also it's eleven degrees here and I can't feel my fingers. And I'm oddly nauseous. Blurk.
If you're only going to use your desktop to game, you could circumvent the need for a mouse by using a controller. Not that hard to navigate windows with a keyboard, and you could use the steam big picture thingy.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 29, 2016, 11:16:04 am »

Argh.
I considered that sort of thing, but the setting I'm going for is a more low fantasy kind of deal (which I shamelessly admit is inspired by reading way too many Crusader Kings let's plays.)

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to use it for, but it was an idea I had to get out of my head, lest I accidentally try to write feudalism into my steampunk Pathfinder game. :v
-snip-
Also remember your tectonic plates :3 It's like drawing two main parts for ocean/land, then mashing them up together to create mountains or depressions for water, cracks for lining your continents, or rivers for water runoff. The best thing about it, despite its difficulty, is the freedom to do it all by creativity \o/
You can do it Tawa :D
Your name practically means 'laugh' in my language!
* Tawa cackles maniacally

I tried to do tectonic plates one time. It was probably my favorite map up to that point, but I was irked by the shape of the continent. :v I'll probably try it again this time.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 779