Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1070595 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1035 on: May 22, 2016, 09:44:13 pm »

Bird?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 23, 2016, 01:12:00 am »

I've heard people say ladyfriend, which seems like a bit of a copout but it works.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 23, 2016, 08:54:12 am »

I see no problem with "girlfriend".
It would be amusing to attempt to coin the term "gentlemanfriend" though.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1038 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:57 am »

Manfriend
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:10 am »

Dudebrofriend

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 23, 2016, 10:32:26 am »

Having one of my "feeling lonely" moments. Usually I'd get over it quite quickly, but it's harder to do that when everyone around me is talking about dating and sex. Can't even get matches in them dating apps. I swear, it's like I'm better at celibacy than most priests and I'm trying for the opposite of that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 23, 2016, 10:50:03 am »

*applies (very definitely platonic) hugs*

Dating apps are kind of weird to begin with.  I'm sure there's somebody out there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 23, 2016, 04:52:47 pm »

Pretty sure I had at least one cool dream last night, but I can only remember a boring part.
Also it's cold this morning and I'm sniffling, as well as feeling tired despite having what should have been plenty of sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 23, 2016, 04:55:38 pm »

I've got an exam tomorrow and a rather bad headache. Information is going in one ear and out the other, heh. At least I'm already fairly well prepared for it - the exam isn't until half three, so I can at least get a full night's sleep and still have time to prepare before hand.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 23, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »

Having one of my "feeling lonely" moments. Usually I'd get over it quite quickly, but it's harder to do that when everyone around me is talking about dating and sex. Can't even get matches in them dating apps. I swear, it's like I'm better at celibacy than most priests and I'm trying for the opposite of that.
I feel ya, man.

Which reminds me, I still haven't talked to that girl :c

she got a new haircut today and I couldn't bring myself to use it as an excuse to start a conversation aaa

At the very least, I have a hunch she's interested in me based on the uncanny number of glances I catch from her, but still aaargh, why am I so shyyyyy?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 23, 2016, 05:46:25 pm »

I feel ya, man.

she got a new haircut today and I couldn't bring myself to use it as an excuse to start a conversation aaa

At the very least, I have a hunch she's interested in me based on the uncanny number of glances I catch from her, but still aaargh, why am I so shyyyyy?
Then you are already in a better position than me. Walk up to her and ask. Sure, it feels daunting as it comes, but take too long and you may not get another chance, with her at least.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 23, 2016, 06:05:02 pm »

I feel ya, man.

Just be careful, glances can be misleading. The same happened to me.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 23, 2016, 06:06:30 pm »

Need to buy a cable.

Once again find myself with the options of either driving to the store and spending $16 on a $1.50 cable or going online and paying $8.50 shipping on a $1.50 cable.

I know which one works out better mathematically, but they both make me feel like I'm mismanaging my money. :/

(Obviously the optimal solution is to just add more cables to my online order and ship them together, but I can't think of any other cables I'd need to buy...)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 23, 2016, 06:28:34 pm »

-snip-
Just be careful, glances can be misleading. The same happened to me.
Ehh, it's not just glances. The other thing I can think of off the top of my head is this one time a little while back, she (and she is, from what I understand, almost as shy as I am,) seemingly very deliberately sat a couple seats away from me in an almost-empty auditorium.

That said, I'm not acting like my suspicions are confirmed, but at the very least I don't think she harbors any dislike toward me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 23, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »

I'm a bit miffed that I'm going to have to vote in some kind of proportional or runoff-voting system next election, because it's 'better'.

Better is a subjective term, and you can construct any scenario to support whatever you like as being 'better'.  It's just a whole pile of unspoken assumptions, like you are supposed to be contented with whoever is second or third best, missing that second or third is just as conditional upon who is running as is first.  Put two people on one side and one on another, and one of the two will very likely win.  Add or remove someone and everything swaps about heavily.

I liked the mix of supporting centerists while allowing for some extremists of FPTP.  Here it didn't seem to keep people from changing parties, and if you don't rig the election by rigging districts, allowed for change.  You can damn well rig districts under IRV systems, and I'm not convinced that pure porportional systems would result in functioning government.  Complicated hybrid systems designed to please everyone could work better, but at some point it just strikes me as being too arbritrary.

And yes, I do want to see a return of the per-vote subsidy, to support the broad-base extremists like the greens more.

Enough of that.  I just don't believe that my voice is better heard being told that my third-choice was elected, than it was with my vote counting as a +1 for a losing candidate.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 792