Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1071961 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2016, 10:23:48 am »

I like winter because other human beings are miserable and I'm kind of a sicko like that
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2016, 10:45:29 am »

If Minimal Acceptable Social Attire is ever too hot, you're either living in an oven or the Middle East. :P
Otherwise, you can just sweat more! It'll be great fun. The only danger is chafing that can occur in extreme cases, so be sure to wear comfy pants.  

Yeah, I love summer. The one thing I don't like about it is having to wear short sleeves or else receive strange looks.
It wouldn't be so bad if t-shirts that fit me properly in the arms weren't so damn rare... or if I had the confidence (or large arms!) required to hack the sleeves off my shirts and strut around without 'em. That'd be pretty cool.

...Oh yeah, forgot to include my actual Mildsad when I made this post.
I've been staying up far too late playing videogames far too often lately. Today I went to bed at around ten or eleven AM and woke up at dusk, if I remember correctly. And right now I'm feeling kinda tired, but at the same time I want to do it again. A plan occurred to me earlier, where I could just stay up playing games and drinking energy drink until the sun comes up, then do my laundry (which I really need to get done and dried tomorrow), hang it out and then crash.

I know I should just eat the pasta I'm cooking now and then go to sleep, but... I doubt that will happen. :-\
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:50:12 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 12, 2016, 10:50:17 am »

If Minimal Acceptable Social Attire is ever too hot, you're either living in an oven or the Middle East. :P
Otherwise, you can just sweat more! It'll be great fun. The only danger is chafing that can occur in extreme cases, so be sure to wear comfy pants.  
Maybe you can. I can't. Literally, physically can't, in spots. Which feels approximately like someone covered a bunch of ants in itch powder, then let them loose under your skin. And you can't scratch it, or it'll spread.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:20:59 pm by Putnam »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 12, 2016, 06:14:02 pm »

Ugh. I've gotten a really nice feeling for how hypocritical people can be through years of being berated for interrupting people and subsequently being interrupted multiple times.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2016, 06:34:05 pm »

Oh man, that reminds me of how frequently i've berated my brother for not closing the door after him, and then he catches me doing the exact same thing absent-mindedly (to which i had to admit my hypocrisy). In my own defense though, he cares a lot less about open doors than i do, and i mostly care because i feel exposed with an open door that provides direct view to my monitor (that, and COLD AIR). Dude knows i'm an anxious fellow, but i don't think he knows the full extent of it. :v

also it saddens me mildly that waking up early generally leaves me too tired to doodle things at night

:C

I'd doodle during the day, but i dunno, it just doesn't quite feel right yet. I may be able to act casual about it, but the fact of the matter is that it's still a very intense experience for me, so maybe i should just go full reclusive artist and staunchly refuse to art around other people. :U (either that, or i need to get used to it)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 13, 2016, 03:12:55 am »

I tried to get my box copy of Civilization IV to run on Windows 7. I couldn't.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #952 on: May 13, 2016, 03:37:02 am »

I tried to get my box copy of Civilization IV to run on Windows 7. I couldn't.
It runs fine for me.

Admittedly mine's pirated (after I lost the disc) but it can't be that different.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 13, 2016, 03:45:05 am »

According to the fora I browsed while trying, it's horribly inconsistent and what works for someone might not work for someone else. Right there's no obvious reason it shouldn't work, but it just doesn't, not even giving me an error message on startup.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #954 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:30 am »

Weird.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 14, 2016, 04:08:08 pm »

This is gonna be an odd post, where I'm envious of somebody that is dead: I'd been reading the autobiography of Peter Drucker, and how he grew up in Pre, during, and post World War I Austria, and I'm only about a fourth or fifth of the way through the book, but his life has been so extremely rich in culture and experience, so well-staffed with a cast of interesting and accomplished people that supported and encouraged him, so... seminal, in the sense the he's in a period where so much amazing historical stuff is happening all around him, and a lot of tragic stuff is happening as well, but it's the era where the the modern world is finally getting a feel for itself, and he gets to be part of this mass revolution of technology, and intellectualism, and society, and culture, that is happening not just in Europe but in America as well and he gets to see it evolve so drastically right in front of his eyes. I'm awed and envious, I'm legitimately saddened that my life so far has been so non-consequential and so irrelevant in comparison, I live in an era that just seems so plainly dull, furtive, and irrational by comparison. It feels like he just lived in an era where individual people were just at the perfect place and perfect time to become great and had the opportunity to steer history singlehandedly.

I might just be infected with terrible bias and lack of perspective, but I've always felt like I was just born in the wrong era, and this book paints a picture of a world in the throes of a golden age that I missed out on by some 90-100 years, and it kinda breaks my heart.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:10:34 pm by JoshuaFH »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 14, 2016, 11:03:13 pm »

I am far more hungover than I expected to be this mor- uh, today.
Woke up at 1pm and my nostrils feel like Satan jizzed in 'em.

Edit: whoops, meant to post this in the WTF thread.
I guess that counts as a mild sad.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:05:00 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 14, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »

-snip-
Nobody really knows the full impact of their actions in their current era. They work with what they can do, and perceive for both present and future :3 I believe you can better your place, even if it seems little in comparison to the epic books you read about historical people in the world--'little' can't define the exact amount of effort you impact those around you and your environment; the contribution of many people is in stability and ensuring others can pave way to continually aid progress for the future, and that's also impactful in itself.

But I can relate to those feelings. >_< Must be my self-esteem though, because I sometimes have had the tendency to compare before using what I read and see as something motivational.

...Reminded of my grandparents while typing the above, as in how impactful their lives were (both lived through the end of WWII in Asia, and worked with the change in recovery from the war) ._. They, and by further fact, my parents, have never thought of seeing their present lives as already something to be compared with. Like when asked about his plans (my dad is ~67, and a very inspirational person), he mentioned that 'I've only got a short time to live in the next few years, I want to do something with it :) ' ...while giving me a pat on my shoulder.

Reminds me how little time I got to know my grandparents--probably because of being adopted and all with the age gap x3 but mmh. Am taking this in an inspirational way, but also giving acknowledgement that it saddened me a bit more than I thought it would last.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:47 am »

I haven't been drinking nearly as much as usual lately, and I think it has lessened my alcohol tolerance.
This is quite an awful hangover... and I have to interact with people. Not as fun as it should be.

Methinks I should have saved getting totally wasted for the second night of this two-day fest, not the first.
Can't afford much hair of the dog, either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 15, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »

I just realized that when I brought my Wii U over to my new house, I forgot all the stands for it.
And the sensor bar.
...And the two games that came with the Deluxe Edition.
.....And I don't know where anything except one of the games is.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 792