Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858898 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #930 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

Y'know, maybe I should have waited until that improperly slit chicken pot pie cooled down a bit, instead of scalding the everloving hell out of my tongue trying to eat it. I'll remember not to make this mistake. Ever again.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 11, 2016, 04:33:15 pm »

Y'know, maybe I should have waited until that improperly slit chicken pot pie cooled down a bit, instead of scalding the everloving hell out of my tongue trying to eat it. I'll remember not to make this mistake. Ever again.
Owww.

*passes glass of icewater*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 11, 2016, 05:58:53 pm »

I've been told that going on walks will help my mood. I tried this out today and despite walking for nearly two and a half hours I didn't really do anything that I wouldn't have done normally moping in my room like usual. Didn't talk to anyone or anything.
I suppose it's good for burning calories I don't ingest enough of in the first place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #933 on: May 11, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE SUMMER

Summer vacation aside (which doesn't even apply if you're out of high school). "Oh boy, I can't wait for higher AC bills, drunken tourists, yuppies, soccer moms, off-school teenagers, bees, spiders, flies, pollen and allergies! Man, summer can't come soon enough!"

::)
Every season has its ups and downs, but granted, i don't see the point in being overly obsessed with summer either. Insects, sweat and sunburns are among the worse things it has to offer, and boy does it offer. In that sense, i liked Iceland much better, because the temperature is cooler than here and the insects generally don't sting or bite. Sunburns? Well, hard to avoid that risk on this planet. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 11, 2016, 06:45:00 pm »

I've been told that going on walks will help my mood. I tried this out today and despite walking for nearly two and a half hours I didn't really do anything that I wouldn't have done normally moping in my room like usual. Didn't talk to anyone or anything.
Well, at least for me going on walks is not about talking to folks or stuff like that - it's about thinking forward, clearly and freely, without the distractions that would otherwise impede that process. Walking about just is an aid there, and a way to get some nice not-too-distracting stimuli.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 11, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »

How the carp did it get to be 12:15 AM?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:47 pm »

Aren't you the carp?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 12, 2016, 04:27:58 am »

I lost my pair of Cool Guy Sunglasses ;-;7

Thankfully, the friend who made them said he can make another pair.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 12, 2016, 04:29:12 am »

Aren't you the carp?
No, that's the other guy.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 12, 2016, 05:48:26 am »

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE SUMMER

Summer vacation aside (which doesn't even apply if you're out of high school). "Oh boy, I can't wait for higher AC bills, drunken tourists, yuppies, soccer moms, off-school teenagers, bees, spiders, flies, pollen and allergies! Man, summer can't come soon enough!"

::)
Summer is amazing. The whole world just opens up with possibilities.
You don't have to wear a heap of clothes to go outside, you don't need to plan for being cold if you're out late, you don't have (as many) cold winds blasting the skin from your face, missing the last train home isn't a big deal 'cause you can just relax in the night air and wait for the first one, you don't wake up feeling sick all the time, you can have a nice sweat just sitting around doing fuck-all, and of course cold beer on a hot day.   

I actually really like summer. Summer is great. Maybe that's my reptile side showing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 12, 2016, 06:08:58 am »

Summer is amazing. The whole world just opens up with possibilities.
You don't have to wear a heap of clothes to go outside,
When the Minimal Socially Acceptable Attire is still too hot, winter looks a lot more appealing ;)
you don't need to plan for being cold if you're out late,
Just what kind of temperature differences do you get ? o_o
you don't have (as many) cold winds blasting the skin from your face,
Cold wind to the face is nice and invigorating. The problem is cold rain to the face.
missing the last train home isn't a big deal 'cause you can just relax in the night air and wait for the first one,
Never happened to me personally, but I can see the appeal.
you don't wake up feeling sick all the time,
Well, yeah, you don't wake up at all. You never went to sleep in the first place, because it's too damn hot!
you can have a nice sweat just sitting around doing fuck-all,
Which is, IMO, one of the most unpleasant sensations in the world.
and of course cold beer on a hot day.   
Yyyyyeah. Can't really disagree with that one. *fetches beer*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 12, 2016, 08:04:11 am »

I much prefer winter, myself. Cold, with wide open skies at night where the stars are much more visible. Also, I don't particularly like feeling hot and sweaty. Also, I prefer winter attire - overcoats FTW.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 12, 2016, 08:17:03 am »

Mid autumn to early winter is where it's at, for me. Temperature's cooled off quite a bit, and the weather isn't outright offensive yet (though last winter was offensively absent round here. Barely reached 0°C, and even then, only for a couple of days >:(). Plus, the woodlands look absolutely gorgeous.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #943 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:30 am »

I much prefer winter, myself. Cold, with wide open skies at night where the stars are much more visible. Also, I don't particularly like feeling hot and sweaty. Also, I prefer winter attire - overcoats FTW.
Yes.

How the carp did it get to be 12:15 AM?
2:18 a.m. here and I'm eating ice cream with stewed apples while waiting for some anime to download

fuck i'm classy
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 12, 2016, 10:17:32 am »

This,  except most of you skrubs with your maritime climates who need to git gud at seasons call that superior season winter, while a PROPER winter is like -20 Celsius, enamel-cracking unfun. Late Autumn/Early Spring best season.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 779