Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1072682 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #885 on: May 05, 2016, 12:45:07 am »

I'm saving my dollars to eat as many $5 burritos as possible tomorrow.

I'd like to know this story.
Well, there's not much to it- an Australian chain of Mexican restaurants has a $5 burritos special each year for Cinco de Mayo (5th of May), which is a somewhat important date in Mexican history where a bunch of Mexican soldiers woke up from their siestas long enough to somehow beat a much larger force of French invaders, which was understandably a source of much national pride.

Now with that explanation out of my way, onto my next, very much related, Mild Sad: I don't think I should set myself an eating-based challenge ever again. I planned on eating four goddamn burritos today (with a decent amount of time between them, of course, I allocated a full day for this so there would be no rush), but I was about halfway through my second when I started to feel uncomfortably full.

It didn't help that the restaurant was much more crowded by that time compared to an hour or so earlier when I had my first one.
To my credit, I managed to very nearly finish the whole thing despite feeling like I was gonna hurl for the last few bites- there was only one, maybe two bites worth left when I gave up. Still was a sad defeat, though, and I felt bloated beyond belief as I staggered out of the store (forgetting my half-full bottle of water in the process). It's a wonder I didn't barf as I gingerly made my way up the street to the train station, where I shortly had to use the *shudder* public toilet.

On the bright side, perhaps this experience will cure me of my awful habit of trying to finish every damn thing on my plate, even if it's a completely unnecessary amount of food, usually leading to me feeling bad later. (Unless the meal in question is something gross, in which case I have no problems leaving it.)
Hopefully at least some good comes from this.

Now, I think I shall go nap for a while, or maybe just relax, and see if I feel up to going back for round three later.
I have a couple of friends who expressed interest in getting cheap burritos, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 05, 2016, 12:55:56 am »

Unity's default chromatic aberration filter effect thingy doesn't look right. It's either virtually unnoticeable, or OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND.

chromatic aberration is awful anyway so

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 05, 2016, 12:59:12 am »

You only ever want to use it when you need to correct for it in VR

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:24 am »

i want my game to look like a VHS recording of a low-budget TV commercial though

not even joking, I'm making a game with a vaporwave aesthetic to see if it can be done, and that means just a tiny bit of intentional eyesore is necessary
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:17:01 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 05, 2016, 01:17:34 am »

then excessive chromatic aberration should be good??

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 05, 2016, 01:22:50 am »

Just a tiny bit. Besides, I never noticed chromatic aberration until it was pointed out to me, so just a medium amount would be better.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:16 pm »

Pretty sure i've made one of my friends either hate me or extremely dislike me. I think I also alienated everyone else a little too.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 05, 2016, 05:49:14 pm »

FUCK DON'T PUT THAT IN MILDSAD JEEZ

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 05, 2016, 09:44:06 pm »

I'm so tired, but I have to go to a bullshit appointment in a bit over an hour.
That will probably involve me being chained to a computer desk until I apply for enough jobs I hope with all my heart not to get. Either that or, even worse, a retarded group chat about looking for work or some bullshit. Which involves sitting next to people in a small room for an undefined amount of time.
I hate my new employment office. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 05, 2016, 10:11:48 pm »

It's a mild sad to me because they're not actually that close of a friend, and I'm not to worried about it. I'm more sad about why they're angry anyway.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 05, 2016, 11:16:42 pm »

If you don't care that they're mad than they probably don't count as a friend. The misfiling still makes me a bit mad, but you probably don't care.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 06, 2016, 02:26:12 am »

Been feeling kind of lost for a while now. Feeling it harder right now; kinda listless and ineffectual where I'm at, sad over a lot of things I have no power to change, and I don't know where to head next. Had a string of upheavals in the last year or two, and lost a lot of dear people and things. I don't have a clear sense of what I want anymore.

As it stands, I feel like I've been working and eating and living by Muscle Memory from day to day. I don't know how to cultivate happiness in my life, right now. I don't feel as confident about my life or my abilities as I used to, either. Feels like a fire that's always kept me going, whatever the circumstances, has been running a lot colder lately.

Part of me thinks I need some kind of change, like living in another place, finding new work, seeking out new relationships that are more genuine or understanding than my present ones, finding some way to go back to school and finish up that loose end. Something like that.

It feels like it's time to go wandering for a bit. I just don't know where to.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 06, 2016, 07:00:56 am »

I'm sick (respiratory stuff) but I can't stay home because I have too much to do. :'(
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 06, 2016, 07:10:18 am »

I think I'm going to do my best to avoid the fandoms of things I like. Searching up what some people think about some of the music I like and seeing them shot all over it and start to ruin my enjoyment of it pisses me off.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 06, 2016, 07:19:22 am »

I think I'm going to do my best to avoid the fandoms of things I like. Searching up what some people think about some of the music I like and seeing them shot all over it and start to ruin my enjoyment of it pisses me off.
This is a good idea. Sometimes fandoms can be a place for breeding resentment, as often as they are places for breeding joy.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 792