Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127249 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9015 on: July 01, 2021, 10:21:35 am »

a
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:35:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: July 02, 2021, 12:15:53 am »

Elder care workers don't get fucking paid enough.

Like. I knew that. But sitting overwatch over an old guy a hour and a half past your bed time to make sure they don't shit all over themselves or the bathroom or decorate the place in shredded adult diaper.

These things hammer that shit in.

Elder care workers don't get paid enough. Especially the untrained family that don't actually get goddamn paid to begin with.

Anyway. Past midnight now. I'm going the fuck to sleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: July 02, 2021, 04:23:29 am »

I had to do a C++ exam using pen and paper again. Whoever decided this backwards, harebrained idea was anything resembling a good one needs to do one of these themselves. My left hand screams for the sweet release of death.

I'm not supposed to use an IDE for this, so I just used Notepad++ as a text editor and MinGW-GCC as my compiler. It's technically not an IDE. Still fucking hurts to copy all that text to paper.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: July 02, 2021, 11:26:54 am »

Mask mandate was lifted at work.  I honestly want to keep it on, as otherwise customers would constantly harass me over how my face looks to them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: July 02, 2021, 11:55:47 am »

I mean, it's technically lifted where I work, too. Doesn't mean I've stopped wearing one. I'll stop when the plague does, y'know?

... maybe. There's a part of me that thinks after half a million dead in my country, maybe continuing to wear one in public as a memorial would be fitting. Plus hey, less disease spread, less trouble with allergies or whatever. Happy mask noises, as someone or another put it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: July 02, 2021, 12:21:35 pm »

Yeah, the recommendation for masks in public spaces here has been lifted, it's pretty much just inside of stores now here, and even that has been or is getting lightened.

But I mean, the pandemic is still going on. It's not gone yet. I'd just as soon keep wearing it for now, so that we can be truly over and done with this rather than having it drag out more and more.

...and that's coming from a glasses user with a full beard. Wearing a custom mask that massively overheats me and my glasses either never sit right or go completely opaque within a couple breaths. So it's definitely not a pleasant experience, but I'm quite willing to put up with it if it means doing my part to help keep people safe.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: July 02, 2021, 01:29:08 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:35:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: July 03, 2021, 09:17:11 pm »

VPNs are down in China these days - every once in a while they tighten the wall - especially during big national events (100 year anniversary of the Party).

Annoying, but usually no big deal except my family is having a get-together and want to arrange a call with me and my daughter... Hopefully the tunnels open again before the get-together ends.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: July 04, 2021, 01:19:18 am »

My legs keep doing little twitches when I want to calm down and think about sleep >:(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: July 04, 2021, 07:34:55 am »

Film it

Become a twitch streamer
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: July 04, 2021, 09:34:58 am »

Hypnic jerks, or something more like Restless Leg?

My advice: Drink more water. It's what my sergeant always used to tell me, and I turned out just fine!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: July 04, 2021, 03:33:34 pm »

Been a totally useless weekend and to top it all I just managed to accidentally pierce a hole in a full beer can with my fingernail and now my mattress is soaked in beer foam. Even beer (my best friend) doesn't want to cooperate today. :'(

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: July 04, 2021, 11:59:58 pm »

Film it

Become a twitch streamer

Damn you, scriver....

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: July 05, 2021, 12:39:02 am »

Couldn't see any fireworks because it's foggy. Been mostly cloudy all week. No doubt this is Britain's doing.

On the other hand, it looks like I probably won't need fans or AC this year.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:42:05 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: July 05, 2021, 09:09:46 am »

I kinda lied today.

She was having a poor self-image day and tends to lean fairly heavily on me for support, so when I got the message "Am I pretty?" out of fuckin' nowhere I... Told her she was. Even though she's not really my type.

I'm rationalizing it to myself that "pretty" is of course just a relative term, and that she's certainly "prettier" than a number of other people I've known or met... But I still feel a bit dirty for doing that.

My reasoning was that she's probably not in the headspace right now to graciously accept the results of my holding to abstract ethical standards.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 795