Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1072635 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #900 on: May 06, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »

Not a full-sad, but bummer enough, to be worthy of this thread:

Not too long since I upgraded my computer, it seems my monitor decided to jump on the bandwagon, and burn out on me (smelled the blue smoke and everything, and the monitor crapped-out midway through Spacechem). Fortunately, a co-worker provided me a monitor they no longer needed a week or so ago, and was in reserve, so at least I was able to recover; but still. What bullcrap. I even had it dusted out recently too. Trying to pry it open now to find the problem, and see if it can even be salvaged.

On the plus side, my monitor resolution has increased (from 1280x1024 to 1600x1200, but still the same 19" display), despite going from an LCD screen to a classic CRT screen (from a flat screen to a block). Not exactly friendly on the desk space, but I can manage. At least I can use sharper graphics settings with the new resolutions. So, it's not all-bad, but still bullcrap, no less.

EDIT:
Funny enough, comparing the quality/smoothness of rendering, it seems the replacement is actually out-performing the old one. Or, at least, it's visibly showing less effort when it comes to keeping up with the framerates. DD's avatar is oddly a good comparison point (flickering isn't even visible anymore). Wasn't moving nearly as smoothly on the old screen.

EDIT EDIT:
Opened it up, and nothing's blown out, no fried capacitors, nothing's melted, and no bad wires. But I did see some burn marks on the inside panel where the heatsinks are, in the shapes of the heatsinks.Besides that, I don't see anything really off about the whole setup. As far as I can figure, the monitor hit it's life expectancy. No real surprise, seeing as the monitor's older than even the older machine I recently replaced (which was already 10 years old). So I thin I had that monitor for about 13-odd years overall. It was due for replacement anyway, but I thought I would have a little more time before it would give up the ghost.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:38:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 06, 2016, 04:28:31 pm »

So. Made up with my friend. We were both in the wrong, and we both accepted that. We ended up talking about the ethics of war, and how both side thinks their right, that kind of thing. It was surprisingly fun. Now I just have to figure out how to not do this again and I'll be fine!
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 08, 2016, 12:07:07 am »

I've dealt with every kind of *head today. Crackheads, pothead, meth head, dickhead, shithead, if you can imagine it it came through the drive through tonight. As well as 30-something bimbos with more kids than brain cells in their head.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #903 on: May 08, 2016, 12:36:50 am »

30-something bimbos with more kids than brain cells in their head.
The worst people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 08, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »

I forgot about my half-written Dream Thread post and restarted my laptop (and by extension my browser), thus losing it.
Pretty sure I still remember most of the dream (or most of what I remembered to start with, at least), but whether I can be bothered typing it again is somewhat doubtful. I hope I do, it was a pretty cool dream.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 08, 2016, 04:16:37 pm »

I'm sick (respiratory stuff) but I can't stay home because I have too much to do. :'(
Make sure to spread the illness across the local community. Improve the immunity of your neighbours!
Why hello there, Papa Nurgle
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 08, 2016, 04:20:26 pm »

Timezones.  They irk me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 08, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »

It's the least I could do.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 09, 2016, 12:16:25 am »

It's one in the morning, I should have gone to bed three hours ago, my kittens are probably sick and meowing for me from the cage they're in so they don't go to the bathroom everywhere, I don't know if they're hungry or when they were fed or if they just want me and I just ;~;
Black lives matter.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 09, 2016, 12:23:07 am »

Everytime I see this thread, it makes me mildly sad that it exists.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 09, 2016, 06:54:19 pm »

I'm trying to create a video game level set inside a mall, and it's proving quite the thought exercise. A shopping mall, which is basically a ring with tiny alcoves, does not make for a very compelling linear FPS level.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 09, 2016, 07:58:17 pm »

Just make an atrium/round area that's an intro or hub of sorts, have a few offshoot corridors from each (for explorers), and a major zig-zagging corridor extending from it to connect to another atrium/round area that's a challenge area/boss fight.

Alternatively, if it's in a state of disrepair ala Zombie Apocalypse, you can artfully use holes and collapsed ceiling debris piles, and even detours into a shop with a smashed out wall leading to another shop, to create a more mazelike path out of an open area.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 09, 2016, 11:26:10 pm »

Better yet, use the service areas. They're normally over looked, and will take you anywhere you need to go; select two locations, make the only (easy) way between the two the service passages/areas, boom, linear level that's fairly interesting.

On topic: People. No one in particular, just...people. I'm not sure why, or if I even care why, but I'm mildly saddened by thinking about people for some reason.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 09, 2016, 11:50:12 pm »

"Hey, somebody's trying to cook something, he only has one shot to not fuck up and it looks like he really needs to concentrate, let's not shut the fuck up until he messes up"

I am so sick of living around these fucking people I would almost rather just couch surf and mooch off of friends, or if I had a car of my own then live in that. I never get any say in even the most major issues that affect everybody, no matter how many groceries or cigarettes I buy.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 792