Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123395 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8790 on: April 05, 2021, 04:06:46 pm »

Yahoo Answers will be shut down on May 4th.

Now we shall never know how is babby formed.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: April 05, 2021, 04:27:48 pm »

oh i hate today. snow on the ground, breaking ice, fucking 7pm blizzards, freezing water again. I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH THIS SHIT. IT'S APRIL NOW PLEASE.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: April 05, 2021, 04:36:03 pm »

oh i hate today. snow on the ground, breaking ice, fucking 7pm blizzards, freezing water again. I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH THIS SHIT. IT'S APRIL NOW PLEASE.

You only have to deal with this every few years though! Assuming you still live in the motherland.

I have to deal with it every year! This year was nice in that I only had to deal with it for three months!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: April 05, 2021, 05:06:00 pm »

i haven't seen snow at home in well over twenty years

gib snow plz, it'd be hilarious except for the vehicle and maybe exposure deaths
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: April 05, 2021, 05:12:30 pm »

Ah I already hired movers before I broke my arm. Now I'm just gonna pay them more to do the things I woulda done myself. At least I've got a decent excuse now for them having to disassemble and move shit around for me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: April 05, 2021, 05:14:30 pm »

A famous football trainer over here once said 'every disadvantage has it's advantage'.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: April 05, 2021, 05:19:47 pm »

Right now the disadvantages of having a cast far outweigh the single advantage of "non-dominant arm and hand gets a little stronger" :P.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: April 05, 2021, 05:24:03 pm »

Advantage of having a decent excuse for having them disassemble and move shit around.

Who knows man, maybe this is your guardian angel protecting you . For all you know you could have not broken your arm and died while trying to carry a washing machine up the stairs.

EDIT: regardless, I hope it heals fast and well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 05:25:41 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: April 05, 2021, 05:33:08 pm »

Thanks! Doc said it looks fine and as long as nothing else stupid happens it should knit up correctly. They couldn't tell me much about my joint or tendons and ligaments but it passed all the rotation and finger moving tests so I guess they're ok. Gonna be crazy jacked up after 1.5 months of inactivity on top of healing from the damage though. I'm sure they got pretty beat up in the process too.

Never had an arm cast before. I can imagine this thing is going to get hella old in no time at all :P

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: April 05, 2021, 05:37:47 pm »

Prepare for itching. Buy a knitting needle if you don't have one, those things are safe for scratching under the cast because they're blunt, and long enough to reach those itchy bits.

I had a greenstick fracture of my wrist when I was about 9 years old. Still remember the itch (and that's 33 years ago), and the bliss of a knitting needle.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: April 05, 2021, 06:00:50 pm »

Yahoo Answers will be shut down on May 4th.

Now we shall never know how is babby formed.
All that knowledge....LOST!
Like tears in rain. Like a pregananant gf using a luigi board
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: April 05, 2021, 10:29:32 pm »

Think my laptops finally kicking the bucket. Stops responding trying to run firefox + dwarf fortress

Can't afford a new laptop right now...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: April 06, 2021, 04:24:32 am »

The Dutch cargo vessel Eemslift Hendrika is floating adrift at about 100km off the Norse coast.
Yesterday morning it sent out a distress signal, when bad weather and 15m high waves shifted the ship's cargo, making it incline dangerously.

Yesterday afternoon the Norse coast guard evacuated 8 crew members. 4 crew members remained on board to attempt to stabilize the load.
When that failed, those remaining 4 were airlifted off the ship. One crew member is lightly injured, the rest are unharmed.

The ship initially continued it's course on autopilot, but since it's main engine started losing power monday night, the ship is adrift and steerless. At it's current floating pace it will crash into the Norse coastline in about 1.5 days.

The Norse authorities are worried that either the ship will capsize and sink, which would release 350 tons of crude oil and 50 tons of diesel into the ocean, or worse, that it collides with other ships or oil rigs.

The Norse authorities are cooperating with the ship's Dutch fellow owner to try and conduct a salvage operation, but extremely bad weather makes that near impossible.

The 110m long vessel, built in 2015, mostly transports luxury yachts.

Coastguard rescue footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjOFmY3PIQw
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 04:34:31 am by martinuzz »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: April 06, 2021, 05:19:42 am »

Pumpalens!
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: April 06, 2021, 05:30:44 am »

What does that mean? Google tells me pumpa is pump and pumpkin, but pumpalens turns up nothing.

If I had to guess, -lens is what you swedes use to form an imperativ? So it would mean 'pump!'
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:33:20 am by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 794