Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1115793 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8265 on: October 08, 2020, 09:53:19 am »

I've been trying to plot out my sexuality by zapping it with homoerotic content. As of now, I've basically identified it as "biromantic heterosexual", though "panromantic" is theoretically possible (the romance part of it appears to be gender-independent), but I have zero data (i.e. hadn't had any crushes on nonbinary peeps), so the jury's still out on that. There's some other details there, but I think I've mapped out a decent chunk of it.

I'm not an expert on love or sexuality, as a self-proclaimed virgin, but scientifically jabbing your psyche with stimulus to try to deduce the answer to your sexuality seems like the worst way of going about it. Most all sexual content you can find is exaggerated, hyperbolic, intended to stimulate people that are already overstimulated, and the consumption merely distorts and desensitizes its consumers even further. Moreover, such a critical examination of something that is, at least to me, is inherently fluid and dynamic is a futile effort; if anything the examination is harmful, as observation changes the result. It's Schrodinger's Sexuality, including the part where the experiment might kill the sexuality before the box is even opened.

Or, as they say, you can't find love, love has to find you.

But, like, what is love?

Baby don't hurt me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: October 08, 2020, 04:26:24 pm »

This is one of those common failure states for people on the autism spectrum. This is not something that can be analysed because the ruleset itself is in constant flux. Remember: you, as a person, change every moment. Your brain is rewiring itself with every single experience you have, no matter how mundane, and that can change the way you think in chaotic unpredictable ways. The only advice I have for you is to stop your entire analysis process and force yourself to focus on something else. Worrying about it is a guaranteed misery pit and you have to just get out of it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: October 10, 2020, 05:06:40 pm »

Re: the search for Naturegirl: I sent her a PM a bit ago asking about her absence, she hasn't responded
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:29:45 pm by Eschar »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: October 10, 2020, 06:31:45 pm »

She nice. Hope she returns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: October 10, 2020, 07:59:33 pm »

You know, I've just realized I haven't seen Naturegirl around. I hope she's getting along just fine.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: October 10, 2020, 08:01:41 pm »

You know, I've just realized I haven't seen Naturegirl around. I hope she's getting along just fine.
yea, was thinking that a while back.  Quick, someone send an exploratory message to prompt the email!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: October 10, 2020, 10:54:01 pm »

We

We just went over this

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: October 10, 2020, 11:18:01 pm »

We're not supposed to notice her absence, and here we are doing it a second time.  Don't be weird.  People are allowed to leave.
They are also allowed to come back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: October 11, 2020, 01:54:27 am »

We're not supposed to notice her absence, and here we are doing it a second time.  Don't be weird.  People are allowed to leave.

What kind of dumb-ass welcoming community do you think we have here? Elves?

No, every tick spent away is reducing the cave adaptation; pretty soon, she won’t even be bothered by the outside world! :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: October 11, 2020, 04:24:42 am »

Thanks to COVID, classes in my college are now online. It's a shitshow, as far as things go. There's no standardization of apps. Like, lecturers use Whatsapp, Telegram, or Google Classroom to coordinate the lectures. And I'm not even sure on what platforms the online classes themselves are on. I'm having a headache trying to figure out who uses what. Even worse, my college does have a standardized platform for online classes, but it's basically luck as to whether any of them actually use it.

The best part? Classes start tomorrow. I've only been in the college dorm for one fucking day, and they decide to start online classes the day after. No orientation; that's cancelled due to COVID. I don't have a roommate to ask, either, since my only one decided to stay home (which is a perfectly valid option). God save me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8275 on: October 11, 2020, 10:32:36 am »

Thanks to COVID, classes in my college are now online. It's a shitshow, as far as things go. There's no standardization of apps. Like, lecturers use Whatsapp, Telegram, or Google Classroom to coordinate the lectures. And I'm not even sure on what platforms the online classes themselves are on. I'm having a headache trying to figure out who uses what. Even worse, my college does have a standardized platform for online classes, but it's basically luck as to whether any of them actually use it.

The best part? Classes start tomorrow. I've only been in the college dorm for one fucking day, and they decide to start online classes the day after. No orientation; that's cancelled due to COVID. I don't have a roommate to ask, either, since my only one decided to stay home (which is a perfectly valid option). God save me.
Tell me about it

I actually canceled my Uni course but the Uni still isn't acknowledging this 3 weeks after. Just keep bouncing me between inquiry centres that don't even acknowledge I've made an enquiry at all

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: October 11, 2020, 11:21:55 am »

Are you in a dorm/korridor? Slip notes under everybody's doors (or just pit up a giant sign) telling them you've made a discord or something for everyone to talk in and and get to know each other even if you're socially distancing.

Also obviously do make the discord room. They're still free to host right?
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: October 11, 2020, 12:09:52 pm »

That’s actually a really good idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: October 11, 2020, 05:50:46 pm »

Just to be clear, if I ever stop logging in I expect a good bit of wailing, gnashing of teeth, and sackcloth wearing from you all.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: October 11, 2020, 05:53:45 pm »

Just to be clear, if I ever stop logging in I expect a good bit of wailing, gnashing of teeth, and sackcloth wearing from you all.

Same, and I also want some of you to burn your valuables on video in sacrifice to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 794