Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 793

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1108583 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7935 on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »

It's a heavy matter, 'tis true.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:32 pm »

You really have to weigh your options in discussions like these.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:24 pm »

Y’all are being dense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

gamerboy3456

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: July 28, 2020, 01:06:33 pm »

This is the thread for when you're upset about something but you don't think you need any sympathy or advice for it.

What made me upset today was that I have been trying to reach a goal for a long time and today I was very close to my goal. Then someone distorted me with negative thoughts.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: July 29, 2020, 03:33:29 am »

Mixed feelings about this. The other day there was a story here about a 2 year old sexually assaulted at a play centre and them hunting for the perpetrator. All over the news and sickening stuff to hear about. Horrifies you to think there's a guy who randomly assaults 2 year olds at play centers.

Well now they've investigated and the police's findings are that nothing actually happened. There was no such assault, there is no perpetrator or even a suspect. So basically it looks like the kid just fell over and banged herself up and got upset and the mother's jumped to a whole lot of conclusions that some evil person got to her baby. But the police have all the CCTV footage and there's literally nothing to be seen. Turns out that guy who randomly assaults 2 year olds at play centers? This particular bogeyman just doesn't exist.

while it's good news that nothing happened it's kind of alarming that something like this can become a media spectacle when there's absolutely nothing to it. It also drives home how false accusations can occur. Say you were a black guy just hanging around. Wrong place, wrong time, over-zealous parent, and now you're a suspect. And even if there's nothing to it, if they get a "suspect" the police have ways of concocting a story (a "confession" for example). We've had cases like that in Australia before. In one case a kid went missing and this one cop decided a specific guy did it, so that cop planted "evidence" to frame him. The officer later got unstuck planting evidence in other cases but it took a whole lot of time for that one guy to clear his name.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:43:01 am by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: July 29, 2020, 08:51:04 am »

I fat-fingered my legal name on a job application, and only discovered in when I read the confirmation email.
At least you didn’t fat finger something that involved money.
Like taxes.

Reminds me of my accounting teacher failing me on an assignment for being off by 1.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: July 29, 2020, 11:53:15 am »

The answer was in binary
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: July 30, 2020, 04:02:16 pm »

Lately my feet have been really aching and hurting. At first I thought it was because I was sick and my feet were afflicted with something, but then it dawned on me that I've been doing a lot of pacing during my self-quarantine. Just walking around my tiny apartment for hours at a time, just going in circles for what must constitute miles and miles of barefoot pacing. I feel really lonely, and that I'm regressing into myself.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: August 01, 2020, 08:15:17 pm »

I slept in.   
Despite setting my alarm and placing it on my shoes a fair distance from the bed, so that I'd be forced to get up and out of bed to turn it off, I for some reason woke up a few hours early at around four, to pee. Once I'd done that, I couldn't get back to sleep. Hungry and distracted. I got a snack, I removed my socks, I had a tug, everything I could think of, but nothing worked and it was ages before I got back to sleep and by the time my alarm went off I was zonked enough to get up, shut it up and promptly crash again for a few more hours.   

So much for a sleep schedule I guess. At least I went to bed on time, for once.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: August 02, 2020, 03:40:50 am »

Several things I've ordered haven't arrived yet, some are running late, some still have some time before I start getting worried. What's annoying me is that I wanna buy some other stuff but I've got a bit of a thing for not ordering too many things at once until the previous batch of shit has arrived. And with the shitty situation in the world atm (to say nothing of the usually shitty postal services in my country) I worry it'll just be throwing money away for a while before I have to ask for a refund because it's clear the bloody thing isn't ever coming.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: August 03, 2020, 01:26:28 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:11:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »

You dare?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: August 03, 2020, 01:57:10 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:11:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: August 03, 2020, 02:25:12 pm »

Only decent ones I've ever had were made by vegans/vegeterians or people affiliated with them... Most of them are just ground meat with fancy graphics.

I tried making more interesting variants when I was together with my ex.

But she only wanted the ground meat.

The tasteless ground meat.

With some red on it.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 793