Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1088821 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4080 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:48 am »

Yes, Friday is officially taco dinner day across the nation. The notable difference is that they are Norwegian tacos, and as such don't have a single damned thing to do with Mexican food or spices.

The best part about about making your own food is that you can make your own food
Yes, but they don't. They make the same tasteless, dry ground meat, the same hard shell tortillas, the same store-bought tasteless, spiceless "salsa", the same spread of corn, cucumbers and tasteless, inoffensive cheese, and the same drink pairing of Coke or Pepsi as everyone else in the country. If avocados are even involved at all, it's in the form of the same horrid store-bought "guacamole" which is completely uniform in color and consistency and has roughly 14% avocado content.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: July 16, 2018, 08:39:22 am »

The rest is fermented shark.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:49 am »

in the land of the bland, the one spice man is king
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: July 16, 2018, 09:14:12 am »

Could Kagus take up that mantle, perhaps?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:15 am »

Yes, Friday is officially taco dinner day across the nation. The notable difference is that they are Norwegian tacos, and as such don't have a single damned thing to do with Mexican food or spices.

The best part about about making your own food is that you can make your own food
Yes, but they don't. They make the same tasteless, dry ground meat, the same hard shell tortillas, the same store-bought tasteless, spiceless "salsa", the same spread of corn, cucumbers and tasteless, inoffensive cheese, and the same drink pairing of Coke or Pepsi as everyone else in the country. If avocados are even involved at all, it's in the form of the same horrid store-bought "guacamole" which is completely uniform in color and consistency and has roughly 14% avocado content.

Yes, but what I was getting at is that if you made your own taco, you could make it how you like it
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: July 16, 2018, 12:57:21 pm »

Fish tacos were nice, but the euphemism kinda ruined them for me.

Also, I hope Imic unlocks the religion thread someday soon ):
Railgun thread is still open.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: July 16, 2018, 05:45:27 pm »

You see a widespread failing. However, think about it. The nation has seriously sub-optimal tacos. When everyone is failing hard it is in fact a ripe opportunity for an entrepreneur. It's low-hanging fruit.

Similar to how the "Flat White" espresso coffee from Australia (which is our most default takeaway coffee possible) is suddenly a hip thing in the USA, because USA coffee is just universally awful.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:48:49 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: July 17, 2018, 04:55:20 am »

I woke up today feeling lonely for friendship. I know this guy that works at my local library that is just a cool dude, and I'm always thinking about how it'd be cool to just be friends with him and be a gamer buddy sitting on the couch with him playing coop mode of some game or whatever. I want to ask him to just hang out, but honestly... getting rejected by a woman with romance on my mind is one thing... but getting rejected by a man when all I want is to be friends, I think that would feel 1000x worse. I don't mean this to sound gay, but when I write it out it sounds really gay; I don't mean it like that though, just to be clear. I feel I can't even approach him now, because I know I'm being obsessive and creepy about it, and I can't NOT be obsessive and creepy about it, it's just in my twisted personality. I think that, ultimately, it's better to just relinquish the idea to mere fantasy, and never follow through with it in any real sense, and that breaks my heart and kills me with loneliness. I suppose it's for the best though... it's for the best.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: July 17, 2018, 05:52:41 am »

Just chat about games a bit and ask "hey man do you wanna come over and play some games sometime?"

If you think that's "too gay" then just imagine you were the other person. You probably wouldn't think that.

Failing that, become a stoner, and invite people around for stoner game sessions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: July 17, 2018, 05:55:57 am »

Overthinking social situations isn't uncommon.

The key is to be more vapid. Sure you look down on vapidity but it's good for your long term mental health sometimes not to be r/iamverysmart at every moment in life.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: July 17, 2018, 06:50:29 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:57:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:59 am »

Btw, as far as the Protestant Work Ethic thing, I was being hyperbolic as stated. I don't imagine it has more of an effect on suicide rates than, say, winter or poverty or mental illness.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: July 17, 2018, 08:38:17 am »

As we saw however, Hitler caused suicide rates to plummet, we need more guys like him*.

Hitler's only a problem when you have one of him. As you increase the number of Hitlers, and the ratio of Hitlers-to-Nazis drops, the overall problems associated with having Hitlers at all declines. Eventually you have nothing buy guys giving speeches.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:45:24 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:15 am »

I feel I can't even approach him now, because I know I'm being obsessive and creepy about it, and I can't NOT be obsessive and creepy about it, it's just in my twisted personality.
Fark, dude, right in the bloody feels with that one.
I do that, too. Once I've overanalysed a situation I feel I need to avoid it. Well, fukk that! Do it anyway, says I! It's not our fault we have to agonise for an embarrassing amount of time over the most basic of "normal" social interactions, why should we miss out on them altogether because of it?!
It does get easier, in my experience.
Although... actually, here I can just segue into the sad I came in here to whinge about.

I was getting so much better at life for a while there, it was honestly pretty exciting. Now, though, I seem to have done such a huge amount of backsliding that if only I'd been standing on a skateboard at the time I'd probably have won some sort of medal, or at least a feature in Thrasher magazine.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 792