Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1092893 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3105 on: August 04, 2017, 01:39:14 pm »

My 'w' key on my keyboard is broken badly and only seems to work 15% of the time or so. It's bad enough that I have 'w' saved on a notepad that I can copy-and-paste when necessary. I removed the actual key and cleaned underneath it, but that didn't seem to work (even pressing the little pad underneath it is inconsistent) and I can't find where I put the key itself. I wonder how expensive it would be to get it fixed...

New keyboards are like 10$ tho.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 05, 2017, 02:00:11 am »

My 'w' key on my keyboard is broken badly and only seems to work 15% of the time or so. It's bad enough that I have 'w' saved on a notepad that I can copy-and-paste when necessary. I removed the actual key and cleaned underneath it, but that didn't seem to work (even pressing the little pad underneath it is inconsistent) and I can't find where I put the key itself. I wonder how expensive it would be to get it fixed...

I had a keyboard that I used for like a year where the W key fell off. I could still press the pad underneath to type a W, but because it was on a laptop it would sometimes get really hot (iirc various heat management parts are right underneath the left side of the keyboard) so I considered changing or actually did change keybindings for games so I didn't have to press W all the time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3107 on: August 07, 2017, 03:41:31 am »

My dad has been digitising old family video, and there's a bit from way back in '96 of my grandfather playing the accordion. It's one of many things that makes me wish I'd known him better - we lived on just about the opposite side of the country to him for most of my life, and I only actually met him once or twice when I was old enough to remember.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 11, 2017, 10:04:54 am »

Noticed that some medicine I was taking was described as a "soft gel." I thought this meant it was a chewy capsule. It was not. I bit down on it and it popped, spraying foul medicine. The taste was horrifyingly bad and lingered for what felt like forever. And it'll be at least another six hours before it kicks in.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 11, 2017, 10:12:55 am »

Noticed that some medicine I was taking was described as a "soft gel." I thought this meant it was a chewy capsule. It was not. I bit down on it and it popped, spraying foul medicine. The taste was horrifyingly bad and lingered for what felt like forever. And it'll be at least another six hours before it kicks in.

Reminds me of these fish oil capsules I have. They actually have a really thick skin, but biting down on them and it's like you have the taste of a deep fryer in your mouth.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 11, 2017, 10:59:49 am »

Looks like we are approaching a possible proof of The Great Filter. On one hand I'm kinda glad that humanity won't be able to spread and shit itself all over the universe, on the other hand I don't think tomatoes grow well in irradiated soil, and I wanted to make chutney this year.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »

Eh, a couple nukes do not the end of humanity make.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 11, 2017, 02:07:14 pm »

We would have been dead long ago if they did. Whether due to the American Atomic experiments leading up to the bombing of Japan or the massive number of similar ones shortly after.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 11, 2017, 04:51:49 pm »

Naw, this time were fucked.

Better have fun looting and pillaging while you can
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:36 pm »

Best Korea isn't gonna do anything, and I don't expect we will either. That doesn't mean you shouldn't start looting though, let us know if you get anything good.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 11, 2017, 09:31:14 pm »

... man, apropos to the thread, you reminded me of all the other times within the last year or two that people said something to that effect, baff. People kept saying trump or his administration or the GOP in general wouldn't do X, where X is a whole mess of crap. Many of those Xs have since been attempted.

What concern I had about the recent fuckery just became less little :-\

dunno if it's big yet but maybe let's just not tempt things by saying that sort of line
gods bloody know many of the major leaders in the US takes it as a challenge rather than a reasonable outlook at the mo'
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 11, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »

... yeah, all I'm saying is I've heard "it's all political theatre" or similar statements a fair bit in the past handful of months. The track record for that turning out to be an accurate assessment hasn't been exactly stellar. Certainly less consistent than makes one comfortable when it's being used in relation to potential nuclear weapon usage.

Though... the requirements to be involved don't actually preclude stupidity or insanity. People can be stupid in ways that get them the necessitated positions but leave them bughump terrible at many of the duties involved -- rising to your level of incompetence, or variations of that, is a concept in administration for a reason. Insanity can very easily pass for sanity right up until it turns out it wasn't, or be nuts in a way that otherwise isn't detrimental, right up until it is.

We've been having folks indulge in that sort of thing seemingly a bit more regularly than normal, lately. Just clicked it's enough of a pattern that claiming it's not going to happen again, this time, makes me twitchier than I otherwise would have been.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:56:48 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 12, 2017, 11:17:05 am »

I went into my fridge to get some soup and I was sad because we were out of cheese to put on it, but the soup was good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:19 am »

Facebook's "message seen" feature causes nothing but grief. :-X

Also, I've been struggling to muster even the energy necessary to post here, lately. Moreso than usual, anyway. Interacting with people seems like so much effort, especially when I have to press buttons and think of words and shit to do so. Apologies to anyone I've seemingly ignored or failed to respond to.
Oh, and I'm currently having to restrain myself from frivolously spending the pay I just received. 'Tis a Herculean task indeed - I very nearly went and ordered that uncommon book I've been wanting for ages from Amazon US, which would have cost me over sixty buxxx.
I do certainly intend to get that bloody book someday, but... not now, when my finances are only just recovering from all the ridiculous expenses I've encountered in the recent past. Plus I need to actually stick to my budget for a change.

In another sad, my sinus congestion is playing up quite badly today. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 16, 2017, 10:11:53 am »

I have some books by the author Paulo Freire that, upon reading a brief description of the ideas contained therein, sound awesome and I want to read them. Then I get to reading them and the dense academic pretentious verbosity just completely kills it. Like, I want to read the words, and I know what the individual words mean, but I can't parse what the fuck is trying to be said. Like, it's especially bad because the introduction written by someone else speaks so highly of the author for being so much more down to earth and relatable to the ordinary layperson, and damning ordinary academic writing which is littered with jargon and abstract bullshit, and then we get to the actual main body of text by the actual author and it's littered with jargon and abstract bullshit. I don't even man.

It's even worse in that I read another book by the author and it's so much more digestible, in that it's written in a nice conversational style that is very pleasant and matter-of-fact, but that book wasn't written, it was transcribed from an actual conversation. Like, he could have just easily have written the books to be more digestible, but I guess the urge to smell your own farts is just way too strong.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:13:25 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 792