Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1094589 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: forced restart edition
« Reply #3000 on: July 03, 2017, 03:03:41 am »

Why is it so impossible to find popsicle sticks for sale?

Everywhere I go, they just say "try a craft store/try a dollar store", but those places only sell craft sticks, which are generally not food-safe and are in no way guaranteed not to be dirty, splintery, and/or treated with chemicals that do not belong in a human mouth.

I've had this popsicle mould for over a year and have not been able to use it, because in all that time I have not found a single store that carries sticks intended for making popsicles with. It's hot outside and it's making me sad that homemade frozen treats are beyond my grasp. :'(

Why not use disposable plastic forks/knives/spoons? Or your own silverware, if you don't mind losing them for a while?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 03, 2017, 08:00:18 am »

Why not use disposable plastic forks/knives/spoons? Or your own silverware, if you don't mind losing them for a while?
The thought did cross my mind, but the moulds I want to use are a bit small for a spoon or fork work, and I have some doubts about how well it would adhere to a plastic knife...

I think I'm actually going to try checking the drug store for some medical tongue depressors. They're pretty close to popsicle sticks, and should at least be designed to go in a mouth, right?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 03, 2017, 02:04:23 pm »

I really really don't handle heat well.  I bought and installed a nice window AC.  Everything is great.

Except, oh wait, my apartment only has one circuit breaker.  So every time anyone runs the microwave at the same time as my AC, there's a chance the breaker will trip.  Now I'm the bad guy just because I put us over the limit, even tho the fridge + the microwave really should be almost tripping the circuit on their own (our microwave is ridiculous, 1250 watts).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 05, 2017, 01:49:16 pm »

Dove too deep in the internet hole, and again had the thought that people really are just dumb meat puppets doing dumb things to themselves and eachother.

Reddit is seriously bad for me...
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 05, 2017, 09:47:32 pm »

People are meat automata, but the application of the attribute "dumb" to them is inaccurate, as that's just a random emotional response made by said meat automata and really can't objectively apply to anything.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 06, 2017, 01:17:58 am »

Heard a song I loved. It reminded me of my ex...we broke up over a year ago and I'm dating someone else. I'm still heart broken and sad. I really liked that song too...I've ruined my day.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 06, 2017, 02:18:14 am »

I got up from the couch and a vicious pain struck my back. Ouch. I'm getting too old to sleep on couches. Ouch. It still hurts 30 min later, can barely move my back.
It has to get better fast though, it's my mom's birthday, my assistance is required.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 06, 2017, 02:49:22 am »

Today in summer, I am being plagued by ants. I don't know where they're coming from, I just feel a pinch on my legs, groin or feet and find one of the vicious fucks crawling on me. My shins and feet are covered in bites and itchy spots. I thought I knew terror; I did not know terror until I pulled an angry red insect out of my pubes while dressing for work.

Nothing, nothing good has ever happened in my life as a result of summer. Everything awful, painful or inconvenient in my life happens because of, or during, the summer season. "Summer fun" is an invention of Hallmark and Sam Walton to market cheap crap you don't need, much like Valentine's Day and Black Friday. Summer is when Nurgle and Khorne are at their strongest, with a side of tyranids. Why can't it just be fall, all day, all month, every year until the end of time.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 06, 2017, 03:46:39 am »

Realy irritating scratchy sensation in the back of my mouth/upper throat that i cannot for the life of me alleviate. Making me want to cough, gag, or vomit. Just a little bit painful
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 07, 2017, 04:24:04 pm »

This isn't so much sad as it is introspective, but we don't have a thread for that.

I feel like I've been drifting away from the community here lately. I used to be super active and post constantly, but over the past year or so my PPD has dropped from like 20 to an average of ~13. But I generally feel like I've experienced sort of a loss of identity with the board culture, which is a shame, because I genuinely think that Bay12 has one of the best communities I've seen on the internet and remember with fondness my early days here when I proudly considered myself a Bay12er.

I thought maybe it was people disappearing and/or getting replaced with new ones, so I looked at the last two pages of posts in the Happy Thread and compared it with those from a year and a half ago, as a test, but it's not that different. A couple of missing faces (namely OW, but also, what happened to KosS? He hasn't shown up in like half a year,) a few returned ones, a couple of new ones. I still like you guys a lot and don't really have any outstanding problems with the community, so it's not a distaste for the boards. It's not just me coming off of the obsession with posting constantly and making weird, random "jokes" all the time that I had when I was younger, because I dropped that way before I stopped checking back often. And it wasn't school, because my senior year was easily the least stressful year of high school I had (at least overall. I had some of the most stressful individual weeks or days in my life thus far last year, but one week doesn't stop me from posting.)

Upon closer inspection, I blame Reddit. I joined about a year ago, right when I stopped using Bay12 so much. It doesn't feel like it because it's far more interactive, but I've realized that place is a TVTropes-level browser narcotic, with pervasive cynicism where TVTropes has tongue-in-cheek self-awareness. So I'm going to cut down on that a lot and try to integrate myself into the community here again, because I really do love this forum (and I think its organization is a lot better, as well.)

I've realized this after spending some time thinking and realizing that my life has felt a lot duller and more monotonous over the past year or so, something that I hope to rectify by cutting the crap (both on the internet and off of it) that made those days so dull.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 07, 2017, 05:03:04 pm »

Life is short, come play forum games with us! ;)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 07, 2017, 06:06:34 pm »

Life is short, come play forum games with us! ;)

P much this.

Also I took a break for almost a year, once.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 07, 2017, 06:24:35 pm »

Since first coming here, I have lingered fairly consistently. Like a bad smell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 08, 2017, 03:35:54 am »

Eh, people change. Forums aren't exactly something that a person stay permanently on. I mean, not even Toady One can call himself a Bay12er these days.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 08, 2017, 05:17:22 am »

Have just found out Photobucked had fucked most of my old forum games up. No use necroing them though, but ugh. Even the newest one only has few updates done with imgur. No idea on what to do now. Maybe start all over.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 792