Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1094561 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: forced restart edition
« Reply #2955 on: June 22, 2017, 03:21:21 am »

i stayed up to 3AM and am regretting it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:08 pm »

So I've been trying to get my mom to contact my old psychiatrist in order to find out what my old medication was that worked VERY well because otherwise I'd be on drug trials for possibly years!

I kept asking her for it over and over again and she avoided it on and on. Years gone by.

I finally get somewhere today and OOPS! She retired this year!

-_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 22, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »

May still able to get access to the records, mind. Either whoever took over for her or whoever inherited the records are not entirely unlikely to still have 'em around. Can also give a go at contacting anyway; send a snail mail letter or somethin' to make it less intrusive. Apologize for interrupting the retirement, ask if she happens to remember or could direct you to whoever might still have the records, etc. Ain't been stopped yet, just stymied a bit.

---

... anyway, that feeling when someone asks you to look over some paperwork, and you notice that for the last year or three family has been paying for license plate renewal on a car that's about as much burnt out husk as car. Like, we're not talking "oh, there's some fire damage" we're talking "most of it outright unsalvageable, probably not worth selling for scrap metal". And they were keeping the plate up to date. I kinda' understand (as in, it's been justified to me as that, but I haven't actually checked the net costs involved) there can be reason to do that if you're expecting to get a new vehicle soon-ish and intend to transfer the thing... but it's past soonish by several months, and they have neither the finances nor intention for getting another one. Not without doing stuff that, if they were inclined to, I wouldn't be dealing with this to begin with hoarding behavior can go straight to hell

Seriously need to figure out what to do about this kinda' thing. I'm not in good enough shape to keep overwatch on 'em by with the amount of help I've been getting... especially without power of attorney/full financial access. Rough bit is if this shit keeps up, and it shows no sign of slowing down (rather the opposite), this bunch of the family's probably going to get in a bit of a spat getting that from 'em within a year or two. Folks in question still think they're mostly competent, and that's increasingly becoming less true and more cognitive degeneration causing them to think they are. Double bonus(?) points it's kinda' happening to me, too, with less delusion and more slow building despair :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: June 22, 2017, 01:34:47 pm »

Checked the moderation logs out of curiosity, and while I probably knew about most of them beforehand I was kind of shocked to see how many veteran Bay12ers have been banned in the past year or two. Sadness.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:35 pm »

2016 was a bad year. Luckily, 2017 looks to be on track for a more 2013-esque rate.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:32 pm »

No matter what corner of life I look in, everything is dumb. Not bad, just really, really stupid. Imagine a useful appliance with baffling, nonsensical design decisions that makes the whole thing almost not worth it. Like a microwave that has a spot for attaching a keychain, or a padlock that has the combination engraved on the bottom, or a booklamp where the light was attached backwards so it points away from the page. That's what the human condition is, just incompetence and things that don't work.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 22, 2017, 06:29:06 pm »

Come to my corner. We have blackjack. And hookers.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: June 22, 2017, 10:12:55 pm »

So I've been trying to get my mom to contact my old psychiatrist in order to find out what my old medication was that worked VERY well because otherwise I'd be on drug trials for possibly years!

I kept asking her for it over and over again and she avoided it on and on. Years gone by.

I finally get somewhere today and OOPS! She retired this year!

-_-
Did you pay for it with insurance?  They might have kept records (disclaimer: I have no idea how that works).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: June 23, 2017, 09:48:11 pm »

Wanted to tell the dude who works at the local supermarket and who I occasionally see at gigs about an excellent show on this evening, but he didn't appear to be working there when I went to to my grocery shopping. Alas. Oh well, if his finger is anywhere near the pulse he'll know about it already. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: June 24, 2017, 01:49:00 am »

I just realized I didn't tip the server when I went out earlier this week and I feel really bad about it because it was delicious and the service was great. I just blanked because I almost never eat at a proper restaurant.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 24, 2017, 01:50:05 pm »

I didn't notice I was studying too hard until I needed to run to the bathroom to stress vomit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 25, 2017, 04:48:34 pm »

Way too hot out, my allergies are going apeshit and Claritin isn't helping, too many god damn people yelling and bringing their awful turd little kids with them. It has been summer long enough, can it please be winter again?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 25, 2017, 05:53:56 pm »

Weeeeeeed

Edit: Actually, I just realised that this could be construed as suggesting I do weed - I don't. A work colleague gave me a lift to McDonalds during a break, and the thing stank of the stuff. Consequently, my return was marked by a certain aroma.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 05:56:10 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 25, 2017, 07:53:37 pm »

Work was rough today. Didnt get everything done either. And i might have to do overtime now that a coworker has a hernia and doctors orders to do nothing for basically a month
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
To Neonivek
« Reply #2969 on: June 26, 2017, 02:28:01 am »

I just read a good part of your response to me and great order.
Sorry if I shoe boxed you, I was just posting to help in a way and to try fit in.
My post came from personal experience and im not a good enough writer to create long understandable paragraphs.

Its just I used antidepressants and while they worked I became tolerant and I fell back into depression harder.
I had to work on my issues physically and change a big part of my life.
Yes I'm in that boat, but only cause I capsized, we are all different though that's what makes us great

Neon, you probably wont even see this apology but its here if you do.
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 792