Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1088772 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2490 on: January 28, 2017, 11:54:18 pm »

Sleeping in, running late, missing buses, missing bands. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2491 on: January 29, 2017, 12:09:30 am »

I beat MGS4.

I was kind of on board with this game, until the final parts of act 4. It was campy and kinda dumb at times, but I felt like I was following it and could tell why people liked the series as a whole. Then during act 4 it took a left turn and lost itself in speeches about fate and sin and destiny and ones and zeroes and memes, and never recovered.

You new to the series? Go play MGS3 right nao.
Fun, only a little crazy, not much plot-baggage, because it's first chronologically.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 29, 2017, 12:13:27 am »

I've played MGS1 and 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 29, 2017, 09:31:38 am »

I've played MGS1 and 2.
You're missing out. MGS3 is a lot of people's favourite (mine included) for a good reason. Naked snake, best snake.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 30, 2017, 02:12:52 am »

I keep not wanting to buy a PS2 or 3 though. MGS3 is probably the only thing I'd play on either console if I owned one, I only played MGS4 because I could borrow a PS3. I have a 3DS but that version looks terrible.

A lot of the big Playstation exclusives just don't appeal to me, MGS3 is like the only thing I'd ever use it for. And maybe Silent Hill 2 but that's still a whole console for just two games. :-\
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 30, 2017, 10:55:45 am »

Apparently I broke something last time I was tinkering with the pendulum AI, because it's not working correctly. And there's no backups for the past versions, because the past me was an idiot. Joy.
._.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 30, 2017, 03:27:24 pm »

I keep not wanting to buy a PS2 or 3 though. MGS3 is probably the only thing I'd play on either console if I owned one, I only played MGS4 because I could borrow a PS3. I have a 3DS but that version looks terrible.

A lot of the big Playstation exclusives just don't appeal to me, MGS3 is like the only thing I'd ever use it for. And maybe Silent Hill 2 but that's still a whole console for just two games. :-\
You own a 3DS, don't you? There's a MGS3 port for it. Controls are a little clunky, but the game is still really fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 30, 2017, 04:38:46 pm »

It seemed like the 3DS really was not powerful enough, based on the eShop demo. Not even 30fps unless I looked straight at the ground.

I mean more so than usual, I remember the water scenes in non-HD MGS2 grinding down to pretty low frame rates.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 30, 2017, 05:40:24 pm »

You could try emulation. Not sure how well MGS3 works emulated, though.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 30, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »

Apparently, in the YouTube subscriptions, when you hide the videos, they reappear after ~three days.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: January 30, 2017, 11:26:38 pm »

I am moderately confused with just about all parts of everything. I don't even know why I'm sad about it since that's close to normal I just am.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 30, 2017, 11:38:21 pm »

My Human Development class sucks. I dislike people and I like children even less, and the teacher really emphasizes memorization of words and figures rather than thinking about things. Also we cover about 3/4ths of the material in the textbook on our own time, despite it being a full-length lecture class with no in-class activities or practice at all.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:24 pm »

I'm sorry.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: January 30, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »

Still no luck figuring out why my laptop hates skyrim in all its forms
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: January 31, 2017, 08:45:14 am »

My Human Development class sucks. I dislike people and I like children even less, and the teacher really emphasizes memorization of words and figures rather than thinking about things. Also we cover about 3/4ths of the material in the textbook on our own time, despite it being a full-length lecture class with no in-class activities or practice at all.
Concrete details over abstract ones :P That's how people build their knowledge base--down-up, and while this liking can and possibly will affect how connected one can be to what's being taught or what'll happen, I hope it goes well?

We don't have the same named subject here but it's great to get to personal effort and see how things are conceptually. Unless I'm getting it different that this class isn't from discussing how thoughts and personality development is in the basics? (I was focused on the children part :P)
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 792