Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1079970 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1680 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:27 am »

Welp, i might be getting sick. There's been some headache/nausea thingmajig going around, and i guess it was only a matter of time before it jumped on me in these closed quarters. Either that, or what i feel is a combination of beginning hoarseness and eating too much licorice, which is actually not that implausible considering how much i've been singing the past few days and how much licorice i've eaten today and yesterday. But, even if i do get sick, i am at least fairly used to bowel discomfort, so i might not notice a huge difference. >.>

also yesterdays tally ended up at 8 flies and 4 mosquitos in a 10 m2 room that's been sealed off for most of the day
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 07, 2016, 12:51:02 pm »

I played this shooter I had on CD for years sitting there, Activision's Battle for the Pacific, coz I was bored with RPGs and wanted something straight up shooty. Sort of like COD-lite, but you're up against the Japanese. Cranked it on "hard" level coz why not? I didn't want any reason to play it again. Finished the entire game in under 4 hours, it was a cakewalk on the hardest level, and it didn't even have a save system to exploit: if you died then it's back to the last checkpoint which felt too infrequent. So even with a lot of deaths and trial and error, the game didn't even last more than 1 evening. Oh well at least that's one more old CD game I finished and can chuck out now. That game has the honor of being the shortest shooter campaign of any I've ever played.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:57:38 pm by Reelya »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1682 on: September 07, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »

Sounds vaguely familiar, but not more than that. I guess it also doesn't sound like a very memorable game. :v
I can totally relate to having a shit ton of old CDs lying around though, there's over 150 of them in a shelf next to my desk at home. A few dupes, granted, but there's quite a few of them that i've never really played. I'm actually not entirely sure of how we even got them, and a few of the games are older than me. :P

also quaint feeling

It feels like my immune system is actually able to fight the oncoming illness, since i'm feeling slightly better now than earlier. That is normally not how illness proceeds for me. Before onset, it's usually either constant during the day (at least without Glorious Drugs(tm)) or slightly worsening, with the only real shifts being during sleep. Of course, this could easily shift for the worse after this night, but we'll see. As it stands right now, i am not impressed. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 07, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

Hey, maybe it was the licorice.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 07, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

@Shook: I'm going to peg it as the licorice, knowing how I react to sugar binges.  Your results may vary.  Either way, feel better soon.    *pats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 07, 2016, 06:41:20 pm »

Just finished watching Re:Zero. Now where will I get my supply of feels from? ):

Y-you could always watch Konosuba if you want more of the same, but completely different? And kinda tasteless? Or, speaking of tasteless and similar, you could watch Sword Art Online Abridged on Youtube? Unlike normal SAO, it's intentionally bad, and has solid writing, comedy, and voice acting? Also or you could watch Re:Life! It's not Re:Zero, but the title sounds the same! It's actually pretty tasteful, is chock-full of feels, and the web manga is still going! Oh, and when you're done with that, you can watch Erased / The Town Where Everyone Except For Me Exists. It's more of the same to Re:Life, but also completely different, and also full of horrible and wonderful feels.

Take two of them, and call me in the morning. Or when you're done.

Sincerely
- Dr. J. Animes

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:31 pm »

Had a cool dream. Can't really remember any of it apart from a game of weird-chess against some villainous alien with telekinetic powers. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 07, 2016, 11:09:26 pm »

My mild sad is that my sad-thread sad got ignored.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 08, 2016, 08:58:40 am »

*hugs Japa*

i have failed you :c

In other news, my nose is all runny, which sucks...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 08, 2016, 10:59:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just realized why I'm okay with 9/11 jokes. In some ways they're the start of the current mock-activism trend, recently exhibited by Harambe memes. They're mocking the excessive, often quickly-forgotten nationalism inspired by the event of 9/11 itself. Mocktivism, in its way, somewhat preserves the sanctity of the original event. People whip themselves up and go into raging hysterics over something that doesn't even involve them, that they might not even have been alive for; other people come along and mock them for their raging, pointing out that their response is unwarranted at best, extremely disrespectful at worst.

However, this is the opposite of mock-activism. This is trying so hard to be sincere that it loops around and mocks everybody. It's disgusting.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 08, 2016, 11:01:12 am »

No, it's just a corporation trying to cash in on emotions.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:09 am »

captalists so evul right gais hurr durr
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:57 am »

Ah. Mocktivism raises its head.

And in this case I'd not say evil. Just stupid.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 08, 2016, 11:09:58 am »

I think corporations and 4chan are good reasons why hivemind is a bad idea. The intelligence gained doesn't compensate for the stupidity gained.

Like the saying goes, an individual is smart, a population is stupid.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 08, 2016, 11:15:43 am »

But I'm a 4chan user and corporations (ones that produce and ones that distribute) are the reason that we have easy, comfortable lives compared to as little as 100 years ago
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 792