Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1079951 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1425 on: July 29, 2016, 01:06:02 am »

Sometimes I can't get rid of the feeling that I've never really contributed anything of worth to this forum, and that I don't belong here.  :-\
You contribute heaps to the forums. I haven't interacted with you a heap but I have read, and liked, your posts so I'd say you have worth here. Ah, when I say I like them I mean that I appreciate what you've written.

And dammit guys, I was trying to wallow in self-resentment like a pity hippopotamus.
^ dis. Yeer ossum, Caroline, and you've put a genuine smile on my face many times before. :P You're pretty much contributing by being a decent person. That's the quiet commonality.
Also Gamedragon, I guess you're not wallowing because of how awesome the others are here. :P

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:38 am »

Sometimes I can't get rid of the feeling that I've never really contributed anything of worth to this forum, and that I don't belong here.  :-\
You contribute heaps to the forums. I haven't interacted with you a heap but I have read, and liked, your posts so I'd say you have worth here. Ah, when I say I like them I mean that I appreciate what you've written.

And dammit guys, I was trying to wallow in self-resentment like a pity hippopotamus.
^ dis. Yeer ossum, Caroline, and you've put a genuine smile on my face many times before. :P You're pretty much contributing by being a decent person. That's the quiet commonality.
Also Gamedragon, I guess you're not wallowing because of how awesome the others are here. :P
Nah, I'm still wallowing. The mud I'm wallowing in is a lot shallower though.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1427 on: July 29, 2016, 07:12:06 am »

pity hippopotamus
more like hippoPITYmus m i rite

also don't make me bring out the Water Hose of Feeling Good Today to blast you out of the Mud Pit of Self-Resentment

In more serious mild sads, mom might be getting sick. This sucks partly because it's never nice to see a loved one ill, and partly because she's not terribly good at not spreading the contagion (and i don't care much for headache and nausea). Here's hoping it's just a hangover like she says it feels like. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 29, 2016, 07:21:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From what I understand, your body makes more fat if you underfeed yourself, as it's expecting a food shortage. Eat the bare minimum of calories for your age group rather than an utterly miniscule amount of food.
From what I've read up about it, not true. What does happen is that your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) drops. Which isn't the same thing. What's going on is that since your energy input falls, your body cuts down on things that consume that energy to maintain the equilibrium of energy in vs. out - so the less you weigh, the less calories you need. It also means you might be more tired, cold, sleepy, etc., though that might signify you've made too sharp a drop. But otherwise, no, if you full-on fast, or undereat severely, there is simply no way for your body to store more fat.

Quite simply: are you feeling hungry? If you are, you'll be burning off mass. Don't expect weight loss to be extremely fast, pun unintended - a kilogram of body fat is a shit-ton of calories (around 7500).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 29, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

Some weird fly-like insect has been tormenting me for hours. I've shooed it away several times and even stunned it once with an electric flyswatter (it recuperated before I could catch it to take it away), but it is just too agile to swat and refuses leave me alone.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 29, 2016, 07:50:35 am »

I have contributed with absolutely nothing and I'm completely ok with this :v
In fact I may have negatively contributed to this forum!
I'm also ok with this.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 29, 2016, 08:18:21 am »

@Caroline:One, you are awesome and have contributed a lot to this forum, even if it's not-stealthy-at-all Portal references.

Two:You don't need to contribute to be welcome here anyway, and you are most certainly welcome here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:48 pm »

Still having to use the library's wi-fi to do internet stuff. Bluuughh. Hopefully I can get it connected at home, soon.

Also, searching for a housemate (something I really don't want to have) is incredibly stressful. Especially when the room I'm supposed to rent isn't clean enough for human habitation, yet... looks like I'll be slaving away with the steam cleaner I just borrowed once I get home.

Bonus mild sad: it's really hard to remember everything I'm supposed to be doing in my limited time on the internet. Ugh.

Edit: Shite. After ages of thinking my laptop didn't have an SD card slot for some reason after searching intensely for one, I just had another look and quickly found it... on the front of the laptop. It's not my fault, it was in a weird place! Still, that's a long time I could have been using it and actually doing stuff with photos taken on my camera, which doesn't have a USB connection. Bollocks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:07:44 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 30, 2016, 12:55:20 am »

Contributing things of worth, or indeed anything at all, is not required to belong here. <3
Go, my friend, and shitpost.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1434 on: July 30, 2016, 06:46:11 pm »

hrm

So my parents decided to go on a one day vacation yesterday, to southern Denmark, because of some silly house party down the road (quoth my dad, who is quickly learning how to be an angry old man: "i don't want to listen to their bloody noise"). It was decided a few days prior when we received a letter from said house giving fair warning and apologies in advance. This in and of itself is silly enough for me to actually vocally express how silly i find it in the presence of both parents (with an eye roll and a mockingly swedish "härregud"), but of course, i had the option to not come with them. Thing is, southern Jutland is a pretty neat place, and it's a good break for my hands, so why not?

WELL I'LL TELL YOU WHY. Sitting for a long time in a car seat apparently obstructs my farting, so despite various noises coming from my bowels, i didn't let out a single fart for several hours, which didn't feel terribly nice, but okay, i was able to clear things up after supper (which was delicious, mind you). We went for a walk in the little town in the evening, which was pretty chill, and wonderfully quiet too. Enter night time, where my bowels were still cranky from the trip and probably a few new bacteria, which delayed my falling asleep. Once i finally fell asleep, i didn't sleep very well at all, because apparently one (or at least me and my brother) doesn't sleep well the first night in a new bed, plus it was too warm in there.

AND THEN TODAY. Had to get up early (after a shitty night, so double whammy there) because we had to be out by 10AM (fuck that shit), and due to the way my bowels work, this means that i didn't get to... Express myself fully, and my brother didn't even get to try because it wasn't time for that yet. So, most of the day, my bowels weren't very nice, and his likely weren't either. I wouldn't call it a terrible day, but i will call it a good reason for me to not participate in one-night hotel stays again. We've seen some cool things for sure, but i didn't care much for the discomfort that's been following me for more or less the entire trip. Hell, my belly's still aching despite having taken a Shrek-tier dump after getting home. >.>

This all makes me a bit worried about the intro days and expeditions of folk high school. If there's not ample toilet time, it won't be a fun time for me. I hope i can figure out something, because it's hard enough to appease the bowel gods at home WITHOUT a tight schedule getting in the way. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2016, 06:49:05 pm »

Never. Absolutely never. Does manually deboned chicken actually manage to keep bone-bits out of whatever meal it's used in.

Other cooking person in the house regularly forgets I keep a stock of (usually frozen, due to costs) boneless chicken around. Goes out, gets boned chicken. Cooks with it. I end up hurting my teeth or biting into one of those bloody disgusting basically-rubber bits. Inevitably. Every time. In the last two goddamn decades, at the least, I have not had a meal of this chicken where it doesn't happen. Hate. It.

And it's depressing. I see food I normally love. And I know. Know. That at some point it's going to happen, and it's either going to hurt or my appetite is going to plummet partway through. And it does. It always does.

Today was chicken and rice. Actually was even more careful about what I put in my bowl than usual, because I really didn't want to deal with this shit right now. Plucked out four or five of those rubber bits. Didn't see any bone bits. Went to eat, mildly more optimistic than usual.

It took three spoonfuls.

It's pretty petty, but it legitimately makes me want to cry. I still eat it, because I dislike wasting food quite a bit, but it's disheartening as hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 31, 2016, 11:47:46 am »

I am supposed to be cleaning the room I plan on renting out, but I am lazy and have no idea how to properly use this steam cleaner.
Not a commbbination that's condusive to gettinng this done.

Also it's almost three AM and I have things to do tomorrow, mainly meeting a psssoible future housemate and showing them the room, which really ought to be somewhat cllean by then.. Oh, and I'm still without internet apart from this phone, which is probablly the most inconvenient. Device I've ever used to browse the internet. At least it has an actual keyboard... I know I've made at least a couplle of errors due to this, but I can't be boothered wasting time zooming in to fix them.
I need to poop, too. Digestion seeems to be uip to its old tricks. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 31, 2016, 07:08:38 pm »

about to put my tablet down and go to sleep

laptop decides to turn itself on from hibernation and start doing god knows what

fucking why

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 31, 2016, 07:14:16 pm »

about to put my tablet down and go to sleep

laptop decides to turn itself on from hibernation and start doing god knows what

fucking why
System maintenance?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 31, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »

My mother still haven't gone to the school and done the yearly registration thing, all my friends are asking about a paper you get after it, when I ask my mother to go do what she's supposed to, I'm told she'll get to it eventually.

Fucking, what. Apparently money is more important than your children getting an education. Good to know how the real world works, mother.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 792