Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1079243 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1200 on: June 13, 2016, 04:33:58 am »

ARGH I just jabbed myself in the hand with a button on my jeans or something as I was sitting down and it felt like it poked a nerve. Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. Kinda like a smaller version of bashing your funnybone. At least it's getting better now...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 13, 2016, 11:39:12 pm »

*hugpats everybody*

In related news, I, too, have some sort of persistent cough.  Blehhh.

Also, re:people standing behind you uncomfortably:I hate that too...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1202 on: June 14, 2016, 12:09:58 am »

Urk. Woke up from a fairly vivid nightmare a few minutes ago and I'm still disoriented.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:57 am »

Oof.

*hugpats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:27 am »

*applies hugs*

In other news, it appears I have a minor allergy on something in the air.
._.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 14, 2016, 01:15:33 am »

*applies hugs*

In other news, it appears I have a minor allergy on something in the air.
That sucks. :hug:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 14, 2016, 04:44:20 am »

I have a minor allergy on something in the air.
I sure hope it's not love. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 14, 2016, 05:01:45 am »

I had a dream that I was talking to the most wonderful person, and then I woke up.

It sounds stupid, but I really was sad that a) I know no one like that and b) they probably don't exist.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:19 am »

I had a dream that I was talking to the most wonderful person, and then I woke up.

It sounds stupid, but I really was sad that a) I know no one like that and b) they probably don't exist.
That doesn't sound stupid, I'm pretty sure everyone has upsetting dreams like that.
Awful stuff. Even worse when the dream person is based off someone real, only for you to realise how utterly unlike that they really are.   

Edit: Oh look, two new additions to the ever-growing list of things that are stressing me out.

One: I don't have a lift to or from the airport tomorrow night.
Getting to the airport I depart from isn't so bad, since I can just catch a train followed by another train. It's expensive, but probably not quite as expensive as the fuel required to drive there. I only have one bag so that's easy enough to manage.
Unfortunately, I get to Melbourne rather late, almost at midnight- there are no more buses from the airport at that time.

I had thought I'd be able to rely on my friend/housemate who has has a car, but, well, not anymore.
So I typed up a message on social media, asking if I had any friends who could maybe give me a lift, in exchange for beer/fuel money (not that I can really afford either of those anyway), but any friends in the area who have cars, I don't know well enough to feel comfortable asking them for such a favour. I'm not good at asking favours from friends, especially not a big one like this- they probably live on the other side of the city from the airport or something.

Too shy/nervous whatever to post that, and I sure as hell can't afford-- well, I could afford a taxi, but I'm not going to pay $30 or however much it would cost me. Ugh. Knowing me I'll probably end up just spending the night at the airport or at a bus stop somewhere, waiting 'til four in the morning when the first bus leaves.

Two: my payment has been cancelled, for reasons unknown.
I told my agency that I was going away for a couple of weeks and they said that was fine (once I explained that it was with the aim of hopefully getting a job in the not-too-distant future), but apparently they forgot about that and decided to set another appointment for me. Morons. At least I should be able to get that sorted before my next payday was due, but still. That's more stress that I don't need. These jerks are the most incompetent office I've had to deal with in my entire adult life. Hopefully I'll be able to work up the courage to demand a transfer to a different office... these idiots have caused me no end of problems.

Perhaps these problems don't seem so bad to a normal person, and indeed, they wouldn't normally bother me a great deal.
But I've been stressed enough lately and I don't need more shit added to the dungheap I'm already being slowly crushed under. :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:01:49 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 14, 2016, 08:18:55 am »

Just realized that Game Grumps has been around for four years. In that time, many Youtubers I follow have doubled or tripled their subscriber counts, Yandere Simulator went from extremely early pre-alpha to nearly being a game, Kickstarter projects from years and years ago have come to fruition, and the artists and musicians I knew in high school are doing exactly what they loved then, except they're getting paid now.

And here I am, just a few baby steps above where I started in every single category, with nothing to show for anything I've done in the past few years except some credits at a community college.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 14, 2016, 04:58:15 pm »

You know what's worse than food poisoning mid-exams?

Food poisoning mid-exams caused by your own stupidity, to the point where you can pinpoint the second things went wrong.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 14, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »

Ouch.

*hugpats*

Still feeling kind of ucky.  Whyyyy.
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 14, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »

Studying is the fucking worst. Interest is NOT clicking with my brain right now and I've got an exam in T-minus 14-15 hours
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1213 on: June 14, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »

Ohdohohoho, Windows you sneaky gits, you tried to get me to install the update which would install the Windows 10 installer to update me down an oroborous of shite windows, but I have seen through your ruse!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1214 on: June 14, 2016, 06:09:46 pm »

Ah, that is a good consolation!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 792