Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1070598 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11850 on: September 03, 2024, 07:13:20 pm »

Tomorrow I bury a dream alongside most of my interpersonal relationships. I'll build the lame ass tricycle, unmotorized because I'm done done, not a cent more. That'll extend my reach by zilch because it'll requre more leg strength just to bring some thing awkward to the supermarket that is hard to secure from theft.

You know I'm ultra burned out and so babysteps I basically aimed for having my help drill 4 holes... We're obviously going to miss something and I'll be stuck soon again and I'd have gotten help from somewhere else. Just let me be able to hold a measure tape against something more accomplished I am too burned out to retrace the enormous abstraction work I did earlier when I planned all this. 2750€ for a stupid fucking tricycle I hate it conceptually... easily another 3k in parts and tools and shit... countless hours... I can pile up my garbage but what the hell am I going to do with 20kg of factory sealed lithium ion batteries.

The absolute worst is I understood him correctly despite the poor wording, and when I made sure in text he reverted to the wrong answer... Nobody could be as stupid as to not know when they travel into a foreign country, what an abject fucking liar. I don't want nothing to do with none of the people in my life anymore. I'll concede readily that my self esteem is justifiably low, but god everybody I know IRL fucking sucks.
let

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #11851 on: September 05, 2024, 10:55:38 am »

Although I have no lessons today, the tiny trip to the street market is canceled due to the rainy weather and the blister on my left foot. (I created it during the weekly 3-kilometers-jogging practice yesterday, that time I felt hurt but I didn’t pay attention to it and thought it was just some small rocks entered my shoes until I finished the practice , I found that I the blister was broken and I became a lame duck…)
It’s the second day of my new term, I get along well with my new roommates but they studied too hard that even makes me feel stressed. One of them studied 50% of the physiology totally by himself during the summer holiday. I have confidence in my new term’s classes. But it seems that I may lose the competition with my classmates .
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11852 on: September 06, 2024, 10:15:18 am »

Bored. Or maybe a bit tired, they're similar enough I often struggle to differentiate the two.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: September 08, 2024, 05:27:44 am »

Got a snazzy new GPU recently, bit of a power hog compared to the current one so a new PSU was in order. A friend offered his old one, has some mileage on it as a mining rig but it's a chunky little bastard that should work well enough. Came with a mess of cables, like half a dozen PCI-E ones and some others. Didn't look too closely at it until today when I planned to do the whole replacement thing. Tear out the old one, make note of the important cables and start to connect the replacement in.

Except it's missing the CPU cable for whatever reason :V

It's sunday so shops aren't open, so no running out and grabbing a new cable just for this either.

Why not use the old PSU cables you ask? The little bastard has integrated cabling so that's a no go :V

So my day off which was supposed to be spent replacing and troubleshooting this is no longer that and I'll have to try and do this tomorrow after work mostly likely.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: September 08, 2024, 07:38:11 am »

The 'd' key on my keyboard busted, now it pops out repeatedly and when it does, it doesn't work. It looks like its held in by tiny hooks or something and they must have broke. Becomes a massive pain in the ass because every time I try to press it I have to try to keep it from popping out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11855 on: September 08, 2024, 08:45:05 am »

Yeah, that transitioning into something even more annoying is why there's a keyboard plugged into my laptop right now, heh. It's a lot easier to just get a new one if you're on a proper desktop, though, so hey. Bonus points keyboards are pretty cheap, decent odds you can just bum one off someone or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: September 09, 2024, 03:51:02 pm »

Got a snazzy new GPU recently, bit of a power hog compared to the current one so a new PSU was in order. A friend offered his old one, has some mileage on it as a mining rig but it's a chunky little bastard that should work well enough. Came with a mess of cables, like half a dozen PCI-E ones and some others. Didn't look too closely at it until today when I planned to do the whole replacement thing. Tear out the old one, make note of the important cables and start to connect the replacement in.

Except it's missing the CPU cable for whatever reason :V

It's sunday so shops aren't open, so no running out and grabbing a new cable just for this either.

Why not use the old PSU cables you ask? The little bastard has integrated cabling so that's a no go :V

So my day off which was supposed to be spent replacing and troubleshooting this is no longer that and I'll have to try and do this tomorrow after work mostly likely.

As it turns out, most power cable setups are manufacturer if not model specific so getting a wrong one can lead to some fun times.

To make things more annoying there's literally zero markings on the PSU, like, not a single letter to indicate who the hell made things thing. Doubly fun is that the friend I got it from can't recall either since he got it years ago :V

So now I'm buying a whole goddamn PSU because I'm missing a single cable and I don't wanna risk frying my stuff by trial and erroring my way to a correct one :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: September 10, 2024, 03:27:41 pm »

So, I began my driving courses yesterday. I had already went through the theoretical stage and now I am actually driving a car... So much to consider. Pressing the clutch pedal when shifting gears, do not forget to signal turns, stop by using both clutch and break otherwise the engine will stop in the middle of the road, break at every bump, always remember exactly where the steering wheel points... Not to mention the sheer volume of live, spontaneous information you have to consider. I guess it is fun. But, like, this is definitely not the best way of transportation.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11858 on: September 10, 2024, 03:39:29 pm »

I don’t like driving, but I learned to drive relatively old (27 I think) and I also drive an automatic so I only have to worry about one foot.

Once you get into it a bit, some of the movements you have to do become automatic, and you learn to filter out information too.

Always be scanning!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11859 on: September 10, 2024, 04:54:04 pm »

fedex has finally killed access to their older website layout for shipping

the new one is very noticeably worse; slower, still buggy despite having been rolling this out for like the last year, basic work stuff is harder to access and do, it's lost basic features, even the compact view is less compact than the previous, etc. strict downgrade with no upsides from the user perspective

took like an hour and a half to beat the thing into letting me use it without like bloody quadrupling the amount of stuff i have to print -- eventually figured it out but even best practice i can work out is still going to be slower than it was before this nonsense because apparently they never actually asked someone that uses the damn thing if what they were doing is a good idea

everything i do at work related to it has become more difficult, presumably because some idiot ceo wanted a shinier UI on the shipping backend people with a real job have to use

blech
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11860 on: September 10, 2024, 09:51:12 pm »

I just watched the debate and that basically upsets me.

I don't even want to talk about the subjects, because a ton of it just has so many lies and people get violently mad about it.
Most of the worst ones were from Trump like how he said babies were aborted after birth:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/debate-moderator-slams-trump-false-023304796.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

It's just nuts. I'm sorry. I'm just. It's not true. That's not how anything works. Logically, whether you are for or against it shouldn't matter. Even if a person is the most anti abortion person ever, it's a massive lie. It's shouldn't matter what anyone believes or even touch on the issue itself, because the lie ... is a lie. And, there are so many that the average person can't straighten it all out.

I just want something normal, and this isn't it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11861 on: September 10, 2024, 09:53:55 pm »

They’re on about illegal immigrants abducting pets and eating them.

They’re not living in reality.

I missed the first hour, but based on the bit I did see, Trump talked a lot of nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11862 on: September 11, 2024, 10:37:28 am »

Illegal immigrants getting gender-reassignment surgery in prison too. That was a fun one to read about.

EDIT: Accidentally inhaled a bit of balsamic vinegar. Holy shit does it suck balls. That's what I get for making a late-night salad since I was starving.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 07:23:44 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: September 19, 2024, 03:23:59 pm »

Exam stress... My driving exam is this Saturday. I have little to be afraid. Yet, you know?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11864 on: September 20, 2024, 01:59:23 pm »

DRIVING EXAM IS TOMORROW!!!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792