Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127514 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11430 on: December 18, 2023, 03:04:14 pm »

I mean... seasonal affective disorder is a thing, or something of similar intent. It's entirely possible it's not particularly unaccountable, seasonal environmental shifts can fuck with human neurology, 'cause we're poorly held together sacks of malfunction.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: December 18, 2023, 03:10:32 pm »

The holiday period is also not particularly conducive to good feelings.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: December 18, 2023, 03:42:28 pm »

I think if you feel lonely or have a lonely personality, even if you're around other people during the holidays, that energy hits you right in the spot where your feelings are tender and makes you feel sad even though you're doing the opposite of being alone. Or perhaps for us introvert types we hit that socialization threshold but rather than getting away manifesting as a sense of relief, it manifests as a sense of sadness because we feel our energy not matching the general vibe of everything else around us.

I figure if it was SAD it would have taken affect long before the holidays since it starts getting dark and wintery starting in October. Or maybe that's just long it takes for it to start affecting our mood. *shrug* Winter sucks ass regardless of the why's, to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: December 18, 2023, 05:39:41 pm »

There is also chronic loneliness, which is different from regular loneliness because being with people provides temporary relief at best.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: December 18, 2023, 06:55:30 pm »

I always get melancholy around the holidays. Even when I was younger and in a household with 10+ celebrating my birthday and the season, I dunno why, I always found an unaccountable sadness plaguing me. It passes eventually but it always happens.

Guys I think Nenjin just let slip that he's Jesus
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: December 18, 2023, 08:58:16 pm »

Don't worry, only a few people bother to celebrate my birthday either. Kind of got forgotten after I turned 18.

I buy myself cake now. And don't always share it. A couple times I bought one of those hersheys pre-made cakes with the chocolate/peanut butter filling and ate the whole thing myself. Because I'm a fat sad fuck.

I came in here because I've been struggling to adapt to working again. I geek like I can't interact positively with people. I tore my pants today, the new ones I bought not long ago, and was in a bad mood the rest of the day, and got into arguments with coworkers because i couldnt articulate that i wanted to keep the cheat sheets up for stocking products because they really helped me. Pants are a complete waste of course, no repairing them. Stupid cheap ass Walmart garbage
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: December 28, 2023, 07:04:18 am »

[Screaming into void]

Been trying to learn mapmaking software lately. In no small part because a player in my DnD campaign is insistent on poking into as much cartography and history as possible because this haphazardly tossed-together world (which was originally only intended to be a minor backdrop for a one-shot) isn't Faerûn. To the point where she's made clear her intentions that she's going to seek out a mapmaker next session and that her "next character will be a cartographer-historian!"

Inkarnate has been giving me shit trying to make an organic-ish looking city, especially with it being the free version, but since nothing else seems to be jumping out as a great alternative for city maps I guess that's where I'll have to finish it up too... Watabou would've been great, but now I've already got some established districts and locations I need to be consistent with and generating/warping something to those specifications is horrid.

I've taken the plunge and nabbed Wonderdraft despite it apparently tailing Inkarnate in several areas these days, if only because my trial time with Inkarnate has been so frustrating...

So then, while finally settling in to be productive and make my world map, a friend starts contacting me for attention and I don't respond quickly enough/the right way because I'm busy trying to learn/do mapmaking, she offers to help by showing up after I've already said I don't have the time or energy for a visit, and my not acknowledging that offer leads to her having a full breakdown. Needless to say my concentration was somewhat inhibited at that point.

Also I'm looking after a cat for the time being, and he picked that day (where I'd gotten very little sleep) to be even more needy than usual, in addition to making it his sole purpose in life to chew on the one plant I have which is toxic to cats.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: January 01, 2024, 01:25:49 pm »

1,33l (4 cans) of beer over the course of 6-7 hours doesn't feel like overdoing it, I don't think I'm that hungover what hurt more was like 800gr pizzadough on top of the beer, very wheatsplosion very heartburny like... Still haven't had to go take a dump either. It took me approximately 90seconds to remove all traces of NYE. But I so do net feel life right now. I just slept until it's dark again. Considering living today? Thanks but no thanks.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: January 02, 2024, 07:02:20 am »

I suck at understanding people. Today, my music class was cancelled, and I was left to tell the class. The worst possible person.

Professor first asked me if I was waiting for the class. I said "Yes." Then he asked if "we" were crowded. I said, no, I was waiting alone. Then he said "Go. We will practice next week. Tell the others." I asked, "Does this mean the lesson is cancelled?" He stopped for a bit, then repeated his sentence "We will practice next week." Then he left.

I didn't immidiately get what he meant. I am autistic. I have very weak and situational social inuition capabilities. I was made the middleman. The worst person to be made a middleman. I just don't readily get it unless it is "This weeks lesson is cancelled."

So I said that the lesson was cancelled on the class groupchat. But I also added that I didn't understood what he meant. They kinda all clowned on me a bit. But I genuinely do not care what anyone thinks of me.

I guess I did my job correctly? But I am also not sure? Help?!?!?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: January 02, 2024, 07:28:39 am »

Nah his wording was vague. I think you did good.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: January 02, 2024, 07:30:00 am »

You did fine?

Or alternatively make friends with a hungover bastard: "yeah no I'm going to need that black on white, what if I forget or add unecessary details?"  :P

For the groupchat there is degrees on how to word that exact thing, if you posted an exact translation that is a little off... if you said something along the lines "he told me twice *repeat verbatim*, idk if he gets to do that but it is what it is" and shrug it off... anybody poking fun at must be operating at child humour or idk..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:36:51 am by dragdeler »
let

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: January 02, 2024, 03:57:54 pm »

A thing from over an year ago.
Realized the joy of wireless computer acessories when playing Nioh 2 on a laptop. As well as the joy of hardware that is not hostile to it's user. During Nioh 2 session, I have plugged in:
1. Charger.
2. Headphones, to not disturb the surroundings with zombie screams.
3. Mouse, because laptop's mouse is a monolothic piece of plastic that makes it phisically impossible to press LMB and RMB at once.
4. Spare keyboard (useful thing in general), because crappy laptop keyboard does not allow to press more than two buttons at once (except ctrl+alt+del and their ilk) as well as use most buttons and mouse.
I sit on a sofa, laptop sits on a chair. Keyboard is on my knees, mouse is on a cardboard box beside me, and all around me is mass of wires. I probably wouldn't need the last two points, since I played Dark Souls and Borderlands on a previous laptop just fine, but it wasn't me who picked this piece o' shit.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:16:41 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: January 02, 2024, 11:33:06 pm »

Wired keyboard is fine, wired mouse I didn't deal with since oh... basically forever.

Everything is pointless isn't it? I see a bunch of high minded discussions around here and it's like so what? There is a degree of complication I can not feign interest for anymore. But also only complicated stuff can be truely interesting... Whatever obsesses me for the moment I know that presumably I can only stammer about it incoherently, incongruently, incontinently... Something interests me I'm happy enough to bring it to some degree, if unsatisfactory, at least able to be dubbed completion, without introducing further degrees of complexity as happens to be usually the case with my shit. No need to jinx any of that to people who only ask to be polite in an effort to escape the silence. They say true happiness can only come from meaningful deep relationships, but what the fuck is that supposed to be in a world where I'm unable to give the simplest of instructions, other than an illusion upheld through our civic abstention from comparing dictionnaries.
let

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: January 03, 2024, 03:26:52 pm »

Blender. Most of the time i love everything the guys developing it do. But not in this instance. Why, for the love of all that is holy, can't geometry nodes preserve vertex groups properly?! All for the sake of "fixing" a minor bug?!

Basically, i'm trying to do procedural shell texturing to fake cheap, dense fur on characters. But every method to duplicate/join meshes in geonodes completely annihilates the vertex groups, which means i can't put an armature after it in the modifier stack. No armature = No animation. This limits it to still images or static objects. So basically worthless. Yes it's an old technique, and it can be done by hand, but the benefit of geonodes is that it'd be procedural, thus far more flexible than doing it by hand.

And the reason that these nodes don't keep vertex groups? Something about an attribute/vertex group naming collision causing crashes. Basically i think if you had a vertex group and an attribute with the same name, Blender would crash. That. That is the reason Blender devs castrated geonodes' abilities to properly output vertex groups. It's not a fix, it's a bandaid. And they haven't unfucked it since Blender 3 point fucking 1. From 2 fucking years ago.

Also, as far as i can see, Blender's new hair system STILL doesn't work with the mirror modifier. Just end my suffering, please.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: January 03, 2024, 07:35:19 pm »

I always get melancholy around the holidays. Even when I was younger and in a household with 10+ celebrating my birthday and the season, I dunno why, I always found an unaccountable sadness plaguing me. It passes eventually but it always happens.

Guys I think Nenjin just let slip that he's Jesus

Almost Jebus. I was born at noon on the 24th.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 795