Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1079042 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #1140 on: June 04, 2016, 07:24:42 am »

Just finished re-reading the first compendium of TWD. 
This was back when the comic was still good... really, really good. And also sad, even for someone like me who usually doesn't care a whole lot about (most) fictional characters, especially not in a realistic setting.

That was an enjoyable read over the past couple of days. I can remember why I was so obsessed with it for a while. Now, I guess I'll have to search around, try to find the other volumes and single issues I had... not sure I'll have much luck. In fact, I may have borrowed the next few volumes from a library rather than buying them. :-/

I was going to put this in the main Sad thread, but I figured people might complain, especially since it was overall an enjoyable experience. I kinda wish my Comics/Graphic Novels thread hadn't been such a flop... still, the comic was seriously fucking sad in a lot of places, and it's also sad not having the next volumes to read, so I guess it fits here well enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 04, 2016, 08:54:12 am »

Lost best friend... Boo!

He might forgive me and message me again... but this time I doubt it.

If your wondering what the fight was about: Warhammer: Total War

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 04, 2016, 09:01:31 am »

*patpatpat*
Honestly if your friendship died over a game...Eh...Are you sure they were that good a friend?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 04, 2016, 09:35:52 am »

I'm so tired of fixing computers. And by "fix" I mean show them how to change the volume, how you have to double click to open something, how to log in to their email, why a horrifically scratched DVD won't work, etc.

Some people need a computer like I need a fucking rocket to the moon I swear to god.
I thought the people at my school were bad. The mouse at one of the computers wasn't working, so they spent a good 8 minutes unplugging it and plugging it back in as if it would eventually work if they did it enough.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 04, 2016, 01:17:24 pm »

It seems that the feeling of vague and seemingly source-less depression has gotten to me, again.

argh
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 04, 2016, 02:16:21 pm »

It seems that the feeling of vague and seemingly source-less depression has gotten to me, again.

argh
*hugpats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 04, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

I'm queasy and I can't tell if it's "I don't wanna go to work" queasy or "actually sick" queasy
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 05, 2016, 01:44:19 am »

Noticed a whole lotta "For Sale by Owner" signs cropping up on my street over the last couple days, and I finally found out the reason. The local Siemens plant is shutting down manufacturing operations as soon as its current production schedule is completed, and letting go all of their 600+ employees not related to sales and technical support. This neighborhood mostly works for them or a locally owned concrete works, and with that not doing excellently either it isn't looking too good for the place.

Meanwhile the other side of town continues to march toward gentrification, encouraged by city officials looking to boost tax revenues on all the engineers and software guys flocking in to work at another local company that works on natural gas extraction and compression systems (who, incidentally, are rolling in the dough for the same reason Siemens is pulling out, low prices for oil and high prices for natural gas.) I barely even recognize downtown anymore. The shops that were there as little as 2 years ago are mostly gone now, and replaced by expensive genteel bullshit. They even demolished a number of the beautiful brick Federal style buildings (which were un-designated as historic buildings for this purpose) and replaced them with these blocky steel and glass things designed by some local architect.

That was probably more ranty than it needed to be, but it's a sad thing to see.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 05, 2016, 01:48:12 am »

I just realized I haven't genuinely laughed or found something funny in ... probably around a year at the least. It's probably worth missing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 05, 2016, 02:43:17 am »

That was probably more ranty than it needed to be, but it's a sad thing to see.
By no means was that post unnecessarily ranty, that sort of thing is fucking tragic.
With all the rich, successful yuppies and hipsters who cause such changes, you'd think there'd be at least one talented city planner/architect with a bit of taste. But that never seems to be the case, and so all the nice buildings go leaving some awful, (sub)urban wasteland in their place. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1150 on: June 05, 2016, 02:52:06 am »

Yeah that happens everywhere. It's awful. I get that old buildings need to be refurbished/replaced as time goes on, but it's cultural heritage. At least keep the same style, you evil pigdogs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 06, 2016, 11:26:06 am »

Can't get to sleep and I am not sure why.
This is especially annoying since I'm supposed to be getting up in about three hours... at least I don't have to work or do anything overly strenuous. Still, being tired could greatly lessen my enjoyment of the day. I have to be out in public and such, the last thing I need is even more anxiety than usual. :-/

Perhaps I'll go eat something. Maybe that will help.
I don't think it's hunger that's been keeping me awake, though...

Edit: after giving it some thought, I think this might be the fault of a certain magnificent posterior I beheld yesterday.
I was not prepared for such an awe-inspiring sight and clearly it has had an undesirable effect on my fragile psyche. Such a dangerous thing, practically a WMD, just paraded about in public like that to torment innocent bystanders like myself... *sigh* I want to be mad, butt I can't.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:39:47 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:19 pm »

Today I noticed that I've really gotten tired of Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. I used to read it all the time, constantly going on archive binges and such, but lately I've noticed that like half the comics all have the same punchline of a very eloquent "humans suk, lol" :\
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:39 pm »

I came to the same conclusion a few months back, with the same result.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 07, 2016, 12:15:13 am »

I keep forgetting to do something I need to do.  Not a bad thing really, it can be delayed and all, but it's starting to seriously irk me.

Also, my binge of Worm isn't finished yet.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 792