Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1127402 times)

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11280 on: September 23, 2023, 08:53:27 am »

Saying farewell to my millitary trainer for his kind help and wonderful training style during these 18 days , I will miss him for a long time  :'( :'( :'( !
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: September 26, 2023, 12:43:34 am »

Decided to try going off my sleep aid medication to see how I fare without it these days. Been past the time it takes to leave the system for a few weeks and the results are meh. I sleep less, am constantly tired and directionless, as opposed to when I'm on the meds, sleep more, am constantly tired but also able to focus on things for longer.

'Course I haven't tried this while also not having my SSRI in my system, so how I'd be completely sober is still an unknown. Probably not good mind you.

In similar but worse news, my brother has been without his ADHD meds for a while now, due to supply chain issues caused by the company that makes the pill's patent expiring, and whoooo boy is he not doing well. Withdrawal aside, his ADHD is rather bad and he'd gotten used to being able to think clearly with his meds, so going back to unmedicated thought processes has been rough on him to the point he's on medical leave from his job.

Finally, I've been painting a big ass dragon miniature for a while, and got to the point of gluing on the wings to finish him up. One wing went on perfectly fine, no issues at all. The other has steadfastly refused to attach, and now is covered in scabby glue that is proving hard to shift so I can try again with a clean slate. A dragon with one wing missing is hardly visually complete, but at the moment I'm feeling too drained to try and fix the damn thing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11282 on: September 28, 2023, 05:46:41 am »

Maybe dragon with no wings?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: September 28, 2023, 09:55:04 am »

One winged angel :D
Love, scriver~

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: September 29, 2023, 07:52:35 pm »

A dragon that narrowly won a fight against another dragon might have lost a wing in the process too. 

I once got frustrated making a model of the Bismarck battleship, so I just started sprinkling small parts on the deck to look like rubble from the naval battle. 

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: September 30, 2023, 11:29:56 am »

Some of the old-school pewter Battletech models are a pain like that, a lot of ball joints that just don't work with super glue good.

My reseen Marauder and dark age Black Knight have disassembled themselves pretty often.  Doesn't help that that Marauder is really top heavy too.  A Legionaire with spindly ball jointed arms I kinda gave up on.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: October 04, 2023, 12:15:12 pm »

On other forum, two rampant flooders simultaneously said to admin: "If we are not allowed to argue and insult each other, then we'd rather leave." They didn't leave. Neither did admin ban them. Mothefuckers.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11287 on: October 05, 2023, 04:26:55 am »

Some of the old-school pewter Battletech models are a pain like that, a lot of ball joints that just don't work with super glue good.

My reseen Marauder and dark age Black Knight have disassembled themselves pretty often.  Doesn't help that that Marauder is really top heavy too.  A Legionaire with spindly ball jointed arms I kinda gave up on.

Marauders have ALWAYS been a nightmare, those bloody arms. I ended up getting a tiny drill and adding a pin I could socket well into the shoulder base, even that didn't last more than a couple of play sessions. mind you, glue's better these days, so that approach might work slightly better now.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: October 11, 2023, 06:25:28 am »

One of the only art galleries here that had 1. Free admission and 2. Young artists from the university, well, it was gutted and turned into a hair salon... C'mon, man...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: October 11, 2023, 07:11:10 am »

You mean like closed down or like "too many hair style artists showed up and took over"
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: October 11, 2023, 07:22:36 am »

If only. I mean shut down.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: October 11, 2023, 01:00:06 pm »

My mom's actually been involved a couple times with trying to open and maintain local art galleries. It's... not easy, and as near as I've noticed they're even more likely to shut down than normal business ventures, which themselves have a tremendous attrition rate.

Passion sees those things spring up but logistics knock them back down sooner or later, often sooner.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: October 12, 2023, 03:40:04 am »

It's always a shame to hear about something like that getting shut down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: October 12, 2023, 09:20:57 am »

These days I am struggling with my adv anced mathematics , it is quite difficult ! During the whole lesson , I am feeling sleepy and dizzy , not only because I am not good at my Mathematics during my middle school time ,but also for the teacher's tone is slow and soft , I could not get through with my lesson and write down my notes very well .
Maybe I should learn it by myself , with some Math lesson videos online .
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: October 12, 2023, 11:17:34 am »

That reminds me of sociology lessons I had at university. The lecturer was very monotone, and it was the first class I had in the morning, so I tended to fall asleep during it.

Thank goodness for PowerPoint slides being uploaded, else I wouldn’t have had any notes from the class.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 795