Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1125010 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10965 on: April 06, 2023, 07:28:32 pm »

If you've got an android device, you can sideload NewPipe as an alternative to the Youtube app.

Work is mandating four or eight hours of overtime for everyone each week for the next several weeks if our bug counts aren't going down. I'm not likely even to have enough work to do for the overtime hours, or nothing that's so urgent it couldn't be followed up the morning after, but it's going to happen anyways. It kind of incentivises not reporting bugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: April 07, 2023, 01:57:43 am »

Anybody got a decent youtube downloader, that's not supposed to be a terminal except it closes itself before anybody is able to read it..?
I have several I use, Viddly Youtube Downloader, 4K Video downloader (can download from more than youtube but also kind of sucks), and Easy Youtube downloader (Browser extension for firefox).

Not posting links since it might break forum rules and since I also lack links given I've had these programs for quite a while now and no longer remember where they came from.

Also none of these can download age restricted stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: April 07, 2023, 07:27:29 pm »

I will try those options tomorrow, didn't quite get to it today, thanks folks.
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: April 08, 2023, 03:24:25 am »

NewPipe in your phone. Also ignores youtube ads
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: April 08, 2023, 10:57:17 am »

update: viddly is kinda not available? 4k downloader ok I guess, the plugin and other plugins wouldnt work either, went through a bunch of other trash (especially avoid the one named dvd something)

in the end on cnet (german magazine) i found "youtube-dl-gui", it's the damn github project I raged at, but this time actually usable, cnets process is shit in that you get a exe to download a rar file that will be put to C\currentuser\downloads (not your actual downloads if you moved it), but it's not an issue it works well
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: April 09, 2023, 01:59:55 am »

When I looked up Viddly Youtube downloader on Duckduckgo I got it on the first page, pretty sure that's the website that pops up when it up dates.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: April 09, 2023, 03:06:34 am »

yeah but their DL does not work, and all third party sources are sketchy as hell and either don't finish the DL or leave 0 byte large installers
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: April 09, 2023, 04:22:43 am »

Dang, that sucks since that's the best one I use.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: April 09, 2023, 07:23:56 am »

Yeah it sounded like it so I tried through more than one avenue... idk maybe their site had temporary issues or my AV is being annoying because the site is definitly still up. If you have that installer and like the software, back it up.
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: April 10, 2023, 03:58:57 am »

All I can say is try again later or try to temporally disable your anti-virus and see if that works for downloading from their site, probably wouldn't risk doing that with the other sites though.

I backup things quite often now days after I had a hard drive die awhile back, so I'm good there.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: April 15, 2023, 05:48:02 pm »

This morning, I found the douchebag supervisor actively egging my asshole cousin on about that incident the other week, sounding like he was encouraging him to be a bigger asshat about it. And my cousin certainly was being a bigger asshat about it today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: April 16, 2023, 02:43:57 am »

Hope you're looking for a new job because that place sounds awful and it seems like it gets worse every time you talk about it,

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: April 16, 2023, 06:51:28 am »

It's been getting particularly bad from the start of this year, and that supervisor is one of the main drivers of that. I'm surprised he didn't raise any red flags when interviewed for the job(assuming he was). I definitely want to get some easy way to record some of the things he says and does and send that to our HR department.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: April 17, 2023, 02:43:38 am »

Have you told HR about what that guy is doing or are you wanting to get proof first?

Also last time I was in a store I saw a small recorder for sale for pretty cheap, or you could you use your phone since I think most of those have recorders built in.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: April 17, 2023, 10:05:16 am »

Double check your state's privacy laws. Here where I'm at, you don't need the other party's consent to record. That may be different in your state.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 795