Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123685 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10125 on: July 16, 2022, 11:15:13 am »

It seems like one of those "We wanted to make a completely original zombie flick, but attach resident evil names to it" kind of thing.

Came out like 2 days ago or something.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: July 16, 2022, 11:16:09 am »

I like the sun, but fuck me is it too hot today.

And there's another few days until the peak of the heatwave.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: July 16, 2022, 12:17:04 pm »

It seems like one of those "We wanted to make a completely original zombie flick, but attach resident evil names to it" kind of thing.

Came out like 2 days ago or something.

Yeah it was released on Netflix on Thursday. The only reason it’s being watched is my wife and I finished Stranger Things on Wednesday, and it seems to have not much to do with Resident Evil beyond some fan service appearances from various notable enemies, and a handful of references to at least RE0, 1, and 3 so far, and I’m at episode 5.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: July 16, 2022, 12:21:00 pm »

That's..... a remarkable parallel lol. I finished Strange Things S4, and was like "Oh I'd heard Lance Riddick plays some form of Wesker in this".

Netflix has really taken a downturn in quality lately.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: July 16, 2022, 01:03:13 pm »

I'd honestly think that Capcom would be more protective of their Intellectual Properties... I guess they just have so many that letting idiots at Netflix have their way with one isn't a big deal to them.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: July 16, 2022, 01:07:08 pm »

Reddick Wesker actually dons the classic leather jacket and shades but it reminds me  of Blade
Wesker dying in a volcano is also canon to the show.
Hell, Wesker is the only watchable part of the show
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: July 16, 2022, 01:11:00 pm »

I don’t think they care too much about the IP, given they’ve got a good 25+ years from it. The movies had nothing to do with the games, and I think that might be why the series has little to do with it too.

It’s not something I would continue to be watching if it wasn’t Resident Evil, as I say.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: July 16, 2022, 02:03:42 pm »

I love caffeine.

I wish it wasn't addictive.

Once again, I'm detoxing from it, which means any productivity for the next couple of days is gonna be gone.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10133 on: July 16, 2022, 02:51:42 pm »

Cutting caffiene is a nice thing to do every now and then just so you can remember that it doesn't give you energy, it just numbs the ability to feel how exhausted you really are, without actually helping the underlying problem that you need to sleep

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: July 16, 2022, 09:44:13 pm »

I finished Resident Evil thankfully, it was god awful. So many decisions made by the protagonist where utterly ridiculous toward the end, and apparently seemed to be made to manufacture further drama.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: July 17, 2022, 02:53:43 am »

Sounds like the Resident Evil show is something I can miss out on and be better for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: July 17, 2022, 02:57:45 am »

Sounds like the Resident Evil show is something I can miss out on and be better for it.
ftfy, really
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: July 17, 2022, 03:01:23 am »

But the name is still cool
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: July 17, 2022, 03:19:55 am »

ftfy, really
Naaaaah man, the original is a classic game that put survival-horror on the map (though hasn’t aged too well) and the 4th game also became the standard 3rd person shooters got judged by, and introduced mechanics that have been mainstays in the genre since. 7 is meant to be pretty good too.

The rest of the series… eh, ymmv. I enjoyed the remake of the original, and the remake of the second game looked alright from what I watched, though being followed by Mr Stompy did seem to be quite a chore a lot of the times.

The films sucked ass and this particular series is horrible (and I learned they even had to delay it because of Covid so could’ve fixed some of the issues in the downtime!) so it’s possible outside of the genre defining stuff it’s just a bit of a cash grab.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: July 17, 2022, 03:40:39 am »

i mean, i was there when the original released, tried to play it on an actual PSX and everything.

... my life probably would have been better if I hadn't, nevermind aging poorly game was poo from the start, one of the world's examples of how to not do 3d movement and control, on top of being janky-even-for-its-time in other ways, too. RE2 was little better, and from there I never touched the series again :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 794