Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Diplomacy: Austrian Victory in Fall 1908!  (Read 16085 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1901: Diplomacy Phase!
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:21 pm »

End of Spring 1901: (Turn 1)

Spoiler: Submitted Orders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status: (click to show/hide)
WAR REPORT
ACTION SEEN IN THE BLACK SEA! Russian and Ottoman Fleets skirmished in the Black Sea before retreating to Sevastopol and Ankara, respectively! Sources inside the Russian military said that the fighting halted the march of troops from Moscow to Sevastopol.
ENGLISH UNRESPONSIVE, DESPITE FRENCH AGGRESSION! English forces have remained at their posts in England, all while French fleets have seized control of the English Channel! The price of tea has skyrocketed!
GERMAN COMMAND SILENT! Reportedly, no orders have been given to German troops! Discontent is rampant within the German ranks, and Sheb McShebman, a anti-monarchy speaker, is beginning to gain popularity!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Fall 1901: (Turn 2)

Diplomacy phase: 48 hours remain.
Any Supply Centers held this turn will be claimed for your Power.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 08:24:22 pm »

Great. >.>

Had almost zero time yesterday to submit orders, and the 24 hour period for submission ended before I got home today.

whatever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »

Great. >.>

Had almost zero time yesterday to submit orders, and the 24 hour period for submission ended before I got home today.

whatever.
Do note that you can submit orders during the diplomacy phase according to GM. if you are worried that you might be late, plan your attack and send it ahead of time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »

:/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 04:37:42 am »

France ignore Iberia and stabs England? Germany absent? WTF?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 08:48:38 am »

Englands gone, man. Free supply centers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 09:13:57 am »

I already declared neutrality. I won't be expanding beyond Norway unless put under threat.
of course, speaking of which, turkey is trying to muscle in on my turf. gonna get interesting.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

It is fascinating.  Russia is attempting to go in every single direction unsupported - A War - Pru is especially surprising to me, because I cannot see any positional benefit that can be capitalized on in the near term without a simultaneous Baltic presence - it appears to telegraph hostile intentions to Germany while also giving them time to respond. I'm seeing a rather standard, but likely optimal opening from Italy and Austria, one that may be leaving Turkey (and possibly Russia) a bit nervous.  England intentionally holding on every front is absolutely fascinating, in part because it completely surrenders any chance of even contesting, much less securing any SCs in the first year, but France should be careful not to overstretch.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »

I'm waiting to convoy, but unfortunately I also have to hold the border with Turkey. The dilemma is quite annoying.
I am still on decent terms with Germany, though they are my closest neighbor aside from Turkey and Austria. not much room for moving around.
I am wary of Austria. They are close to my borders, but the bigger threat to me at this time is Turkey. If they have an alliance, things are likely to be grim for me.
I am wary of Turkey, who has repeatedly attempted to convince me to ally with them. I have refused, and they might be spiteful.
I am wary of England, even though they have not acted. If they were to move and seize Norway, I may end up fighting on two, if not three fronts. a very dangerous Prospect.
I am neutral to France and Italy, as they are neither close enough to be threatened by, nor (As far as I am aware) in an alliance with either Turkey or England.
Those are my views and thoughts. make of it what you will.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:11:21 pm by Dustan Hache »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 03:17:17 pm »

It is fascinating.  Russia is attempting to go in every single direction unsupported - A War - Pru is especially surprising to me, because I cannot see any positional benefit that can be capitalized on in the near term without a simultaneous Baltic presence - it appears to telegraph hostile intentions to Germany while also giving them time to respond. I'm seeing a rather standard, but likely optimal opening from Italy and Austria, one that may be leaving Turkey (and possibly Russia) a bit nervous.  England intentionally holding on every front is absolutely fascinating, in part because it completely surrenders any chance of even contesting, much less securing any SCs in the first year, but France should be careful not to overstretch.
I had much the same thoughts, especially about England, and Russia. With A-Smy-Arm from Turkey, A War - Pru from itself, and A-Bud-Gal, Russia needs to play its cards well, or it could be sucker punched in Warsaw and Sevastopol by an Austrian/Turkish alliance.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 03:20:15 pm »

Surely we shouldn't be discussing strategy of potential moves just yet? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 03:23:13 pm »

That is the point of the Diplomacy Phase.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »

But... neither of you are players :-\

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »

Yeah, we're outside commentators, giving our opinions.
In short, we're America during this war.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 10:41:23 pm »

Hm.

Can I suggest that Fleets in water territories be colored Yellow, or at least Dark Grey? It's rather hard/painful to distinguish them, as it currently stands. Sorry. :\
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15