Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Foundations of Government (OOC)  (Read 14843 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Foundations of Government (OOC)
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2016, 05:16:16 am »

Im ready.

Also a question but have most of minority physicists be driven out of Germany in this timeline since second great war may be starting?

propably not seeing as schleicher has come into power we would have a very moderated right wing regime

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2016, 06:58:05 am »

I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering if it should be legal for MoE and MoAD to seize money directly from other ministries?  Might set a bad precedent, perhaps.  I'm okay with it if that's what everyone wants, tho.
In my case at least, it's the difference between money being used to keep the lights on and being left gathering dust. I'm sure the inactive ministers would see it the same way, too...
I'd willingly stop if the rest of you thought it bad form, though.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2016, 11:18:09 am »

Sets a bad precedent. Should probably apply to the other ministries at large to do it. Or ask for the inactive ministries tax income.

Or we can mess about with the rules for taxes, and say inactive ministries have their income distributed to other ministries.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2016, 11:23:49 am »

probally.

Nunzillor

« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2016, 01:00:15 pm »

Might be good to formally enact in a proposal (or edit the Budget Act) to say that tax income meant for inactive tax ministries is uniformly (or should it be proportional by expenses or balances?) distributed to other ministries like hector13 mentioned.  That way it can be automatic
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:02:11 pm by Nunzillor »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2016, 01:01:46 pm »

I'll edit in a proposal then :o

It has been done. Obligatory link.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:18:02 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »

Looks good!  The other changes seem sensible too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2016, 01:30:20 pm »

The only issue is defining "inactive", and the meta-esque reference to turns rather than weeks.

Not sure how much meta-knowledge is being taken into account for various ministries, so... Yeah.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2016, 04:24:54 pm »

Created a basic draft for an intelligence agency. Also, ples gib manies.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2016, 04:33:24 pm »

Created a basic draft for an intelligence agency. Also, ples gib manies.

Like the intelligence agency I have but haven't done much with? :P

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

Wait a sec, I'm scouring through the proposal list and I don't see it, could you point me to it? I'm kinda sleepy so it might be that I just missed it.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2016, 04:40:48 pm »

Wait a sec, I'm scouring through the proposal list and I don't see it, could you point me to it? I'm kinda sleepy so it might be that I just missed it.

Just something I set up during Turn 1. Nobody said anything about it. Only reason I haven't done much with it so far is trying to deal with funding issues :o

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2016, 05:08:24 pm »

Oh, thanks.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2016, 05:28:22 pm »

We should porbally come up with names for capital and two towns.

Nunzillor

« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2016, 06:23:07 am »

Truthistan, Truth City, and Truthtopia.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16