Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Gender quotas  (Read 36563 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Gender quotas
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2016, 08:49:13 am »

Don't reawaken this thread.

If Afghanistan is the Graveyard of Empires, this is the Graveyard of Shitposters.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2016, 04:17:43 pm »

So producing incentive to get into a field (less qualifications necessary for a higher up position etc.) won't increase the amount of interest in that field?
Rather, it won't significantly assuage the lack of interest, because financial concerns aren't the primary impeding factor.

I can't take arguments based on gender roles very seriously.
Your lack of proficiency at discourse is your own responsibility.

If Afghanistan is the Graveyard of Empires, this is the Graveyard of Shitposters.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and in strange aeons even death may die.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »

Eventually the human race will be extinct.  At that point, this argument will be over.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #423 on: February 05, 2016, 06:39:48 pm »

So producing incentive to get into a field (less qualifications necessary for a higher up position etc.) won't increase the amount of interest in that field?
Rather, it won't significantly assuage the lack of interest, because financial concerns aren't the primary impeding factor.
The primary impeding factor to interest in a given field is generally a lack of interest in that field

I can't take arguments based on gender roles very seriously.
Your lack of proficiency at discourse is your own responsibility.
*snrk*
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:47 pm »

The primary impeding factor to interest in a given field is generally a lack of interest in that field
Well, yeah, but in this case the lack of interest can be generalized as "social factors" rather than market forces. One might argue that part of those social forces include the nebulous depredations of the patriarchy, but evidence doesn't particularly seem to support that.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]