Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your craziest moment?  (Read 1486 times)

Jax Strife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your craziest moment?
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:58:00 am »

Mine has to be when a second ratman invasionary force hit me from the chasm. The first one was large enough to wipe out most of my traps. This one though, managed to chase out my dwarves, only to get lost in the maze and heh well my failsafe kicked in.

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your craziest moment?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »

Whoa, why did they go insane all of a sudden?

Jax Strife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

I had left them in there for awhile.. They weren't moving or doing anything and I had forgotten about the lever. So they just went crazy over the month or two.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:34:00 pm »

That is five types of awesomeness.

Lord Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:48:00 pm »

You still have your awesometer? I sold mine back when it went out of style...
he Dwarf Fortress Blog is now up and running, albeit ugly and empty. Do your part, and email stories, worlds, and mod files to dasuberalt@yahoo.com

I''ll put it up on the blog, and give you credit.

http://dwarffortressblog.blogspot.com/

HaunterV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 08:14:00 am »

Lmao insane ratmen I would have let them free! Let hem wreak havok throughout your settlement.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 08:18:00 am »

The question still remains... Why does he has a maze? Does it has anything to do with a dwarven Harry Potter?

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:52:00 am »

Do mazes actually work on npcs? I always assumed that atleast the dwarves have innate omnicient cognitive maps of all that exists in the world because they seem to immediately know where to give water to dwarves on the other side of my fortress they've never met before...

As for my most crazy moment, i can't remember because i believe i have some sort of memory dysfunction, but the coolest thing i can remember seeing was in my first goblin siege. 6 dwarves defended against 16 goblins and only 3 of them were beyond "Recruit". One of my two swordmasters dodged a whole hell of a lot of bolts fired at him (unbelievably agile) , ran up and HURLED this goblin at LEAST 20 spaces back in about a tenth of a second. When the goblins began to ran he hunted them down and cut them down, inadvertently decapitating and dismembering all of them. Only one goblin survived their raid, i am glad he did, for he may recall the horrors he saw at Akrulbudam that day to his goblin comrades, and that shall keep the peace for us for some time to come...

[ February 07, 2007: Message edited by: ColonelTEE3 ]

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »

In one of my fortresses I had to dig a lot of exploratory tunnels out beyond the chasm in my search for iron. At one point, one of my miners is trotting through a remote, undefended tunnel when a fire imp ambushes him from around a corner. The imp hurls a fireball that instantly incinerates the miner... and is devoured in turn by the dwarf's pet cat who had followed him to work that day.