Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big headed dwarf  (Read 974 times)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Big headed dwarf
« on: February 04, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »

I had a dwarf make a artifact, which put him to   a legendary engraver status, i had him engrave a very large room (21x20 squares) and every 4 engravings was one saying " This engraving shows a dwarf holding an obsidian sceptre (the artifact he made)"
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big headed dwarf
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:24:00 am »

Can't blame a dwarf for being proud...

I'd bet your fortress has had a pretty dull history though, with few deaths, would I be right?  When few interesting things happen, the engravings on the walls aren't as interesting.

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:04:00 am »

as he was halfway through engraving, my posessed metalsmith ran throught the main tunnel and straightinto the place where the bridge was... until my trapper who was throwing a tantrum kicked it down, but the metalsmith just kept running....
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 06:26:00 am »

One of my engravers was probably secretly in love with demons and coffins. I've had a legendary dining room filled with images of coffins and screaming demons. It was at an early stage in the fortresses development, so there weren't many notable events beyond the creation and selling of two onyx crowns, that also had appeared on the walls and floors at numerous places around the fortress.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:42:00 pm »

I like to wait until something interesting happens before engraving and make lots of crafts.