Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite IC T2.0: Dawn of Worlds  (Read 56091 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite IC [Talk only until 2015-01-15 00:00 UTC]
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »

[Hevin, God of Vengeance]

Hevin lingers the look for a couple seconds, before going back to a neutral expression and floating away.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 07:10:58 pm »

"How about we compromise? A regular spherical sun in the centre of the system, orbited by two planets. The first planet is the planet I proposed, and the second is the one Itia proposed, kept further away from the sun than the first so that it doesn't overheat. Better than having a single planet that's permanently nocturnal, in my opinion.
We can also have a chain of floating islands orbiting the star as well, insulated with a decent amount of atmosphere to make them habitable. To top it all off, we'll make space look nice by putting a bunch of stars in it. This all to everyone's taste?"

"The floating islands would be a mess, it doesn't include a flat world, and the first planet is entirely redundant due to the hollow world having an external surface. I would prefer a single flat world or, failing that, a single hollow world. We can include moons orbiting around either."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »

"In addition, we can simply add those biomes to the Flat World! Hahaha, a continent or two of Floating Islands would have potential without taking up an entire solarsystem with the concept!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »

Vir wakes up from her long nap stretching and popping the bones of her small body happily before looking at each one of you with a smile and in a aloof joyfull tone.
Hi I'm Vir god of dungeons and dragons and i had a good dream when i was sleeping.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »

"Understood Secret Seeker."

"An inversed planet may be near. Although you end with the longterm problem of overheating."

[/quote]

"I don't see why? It can just radiate through the crust and out the other side if it would get too hot. Mmmm...maybe an ellipsoid so there's lot of different types places to hold secrets?"

"How about we compromise? A regular spherical sun in the centre of the system, orbited by two planets. The first planet is the planet I proposed, and the second is the one Itia proposed, kept further away from the sun than the first so that it doesn't overheat. Better than having a single planet that's permanently nocturnal, in my opinion.
We can also have a chain of floating islands orbiting the star as well, insulated with a decent amount of atmosphere to make them habitable. To top it all off, we'll make space look nice by putting a bunch of stars in it. This all to everyone's taste?"

The woman's lips turn down , almost pouting. ""That sounds so busy! Too many things! Stars would ruin the night sky....only over half the sky, at most. And I still think a hollow world is best. Er, ah, Mr...Phonoi? I think? It'd be like a flat world, only you could travel between places even faster if you really wanted to. We can make it bigger, after all. Right? I think we can...ooh! Maybe that's what the extra heat can do!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2016, 09:08:42 pm »

"Understood Secret Seeker."

"An inversed planet may be near. Although you end with the longterm problem of overheating."

"I don't see why? It can just radiate through the crust and out the other side if it would get too hot. Mmmm...maybe an ellipsoid so there's lot of different types places to hold secrets?"

The woman's lips turn down , almost pouting. ""That sounds so busy! Too many things! Stars would ruin the night sky....only over half the sky, at most. And I still think a hollow world is best. Er, ah, Mr...Phonoi? I think? It'd be like a flat world, only you could travel between places even faster if you really wanted to. We can make it bigger, after all. Right? I think we can...ooh! Maybe that's what the extra heat can do!"
"The problem with radiating heat through the crust is the crust would heat up. Turning the interior if the Inverted Planet into an Oven."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:16:04 pm by Kevak »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

"So have it move through faster. Duh."

Her stitches split asshe sticks her tongue out. Don't worry though, they fix themselves, going through the tongue.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2016, 09:16:49 pm »

Her stitches split asshe sticks her tongue out. Don't worry though, they fix themselves, going through the tongue.
"In that case we will need a material that transfers heat rapidly."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2016, 09:17:58 pm »

Vir rubs her eyes and looks at you curiously and cautiously but smiling. And extends her small hand for you to shake
hi i don't think i know you? I'm Vir!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:31 pm »

"There's no reason why we can't also have a hollow planet. That's three planets - the molten core planet, the crystal core planet, and the hollow core planet. Hmm...for names, what about Moltencore, Crystalcore, and Hollowcore? Easy to pronounce, good for telling the planets apart, and descriptive."

"In that case we will need a material that transfers heat rapidly."
"Not really. We can just will the heat to move through the planet faster as a quirk of the planet. Or we can just will that the planet doesn't overheat. We're not limited by the laws of physics. It's one of the many perks of being gods."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:24:31 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2016, 09:26:41 pm »

Tongue still tied, she smiles at Vir.

"Good to meet you! I'm Kakarisk, but keep that on the down low, okay? Heheh!"

"There's no reason why we can't also have a hollow planet. That's three planets - the molten core planet, the crystal core planet, and the hollow core planet. Hmm...for names, what about Moltencore, Crystalcore, and Hollowcore? Easy to pronounce, good for telling the planets apart, and descriptive."
""But that's so much stuff. I mean...you could hide...oh. I...I don't know...wouldn't the sun or whatever make them all too hot if they're all being warmed up from the inside too? It wouldn't have anywhere to go, then. I mean, I could hide it away or something but, I mean..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2016, 09:27:48 pm »

"The problem in that scenario is whomever is maintaining the transfer might Cease to be. Resulting in the transfer ceasing with them."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2016, 09:29:56 pm »

""But that's so much stuff. I mean...you could hide...oh. I...I don't know...wouldn't the sun or whatever make them all too hot if they're all being warmed up from the inside too? It wouldn't have anywhere to go, then. I mean, I could hide it away or something but, I mean..."
"If we put the planets far enough away from the sun or simply will that the planets won't overheat, there won't be a problem."

"The problem in that scenario is whomever is maintaining the transfer might Cease to be. Resulting in the transfer ceasing with them."
"If we were using Flux, you would be correct. Essence constructs survive after the deaths of gods, though. Since we'll be making the planets with Essence, we don't have to worry about a thing."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2016, 09:31:13 pm »

Tongue still tied, she smiles at Vir.

"Good to meet you! I'm Kakarisk, but keep that on the down low, okay? Heheh!"

Vir bounces a little
ooookkkaaayyy your secrets safe.
she happily begins fiddling with her clothing before shaking her head.
so were making planets? Vir dident get to do that last time.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2016, 07:42:35 am »

Or we could make sure that the heat sources aren't hot enough to overheat the planet(s) in the first place. Much simpler.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 54