Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tell us about your favorite resident.  (Read 837 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tell us about your favorite resident.
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:11:17 pm »

Since multiracial fort is a feature I was looking forward to see the most, I kind of surprise that people rarely talk about it. So let change that.

My favorite one is a goblin crossbow woman.
Since all of my other visitor and resident are human and dwarf, I was really excite to have her as my militia.

Sometime later, I notice that goblin have tendency to become enrage for no reason.

She start picking a fight with nearest dwarf, mostly her own squard. First, I think about get rid of her. But after I see her get tag team by 2 of her squard mate, broke her left hand, spent one month in a hospital, get out and pick another fight immedietly with random fisherman, had her right rib fractured and get sent right back to hospital.

I was like "Well that is a spirit, girl" and decide to keep her around.

Now, her wrestering skill is much better than her crossbow skill.

Crossbowsquard also improve their wrestering skill a lot, since they have a brawn every once for a while, they don't even hate each other :P

They also spent a lot more time in a hospital but that help train my doctor. So may be its a good thing?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us about your favorite resident.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:34:05 am »

Post a screen shot of her bio page. I'd love to see her personality traits and life goal!

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 03:27:00 am »

I had a woman dancer apply as part of a troupe to entertain in my fort.  Within a year she petitioned for residency, which was granted.  This woman was an awseome diagnostician, surgeon & bone setter, so why not?

A year later and she was elected mayor, doing a damned fine job of it.

Sadly, shortly thereafter my only other diagnostician (legendary!   :'( )was found drained of blood.  Shortly followed by one of my starting Miners, also legendary, who I'd become rather attached to.

Yes, she was a vampire and doing a bit of research I quickly found her also guilty of killing random travellers to my fort, including members of her original troupe.   Frankly, I don't care about them, but my legendaries?  Unforgivable!

Now she is spending a century or two resting in a cell hanging, pendulum-like, over my Trade Depot with fortifications as walls so she can observe the life of the fort flowing past her.  Of course, the position of Mayor was handed on to someone more...  approachable.

What tickled my fancy is I'm building a statue garden around the Trade Depot.   In her line of sight.  One of the statues is of her (and a group of dwarves) offering her the Mayorship.  Another is of the dwarves "refusing her" and she looks confused.  Now I'm hoping for a couple that'll show her victims; whether for their accomplishments or for their tragic deaths I don't care.  I just wanna rub it in that we know what she did. 
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 04:22:12 am »

Here you go.

Seem like being an only goblin in elf civ give her a lot of identity crisis which lead to her passive-aggressive and rebellious behavior to masked her insecurity of being an "odd one".

Which kind of explain why she left her home to seek comfort from otherkind of people, but after a hundred year of loneliness in a place she once call home, she is now unable to understand the concept of love, how to love people she care nor how it is to being loved.  :'(

Which lead her to more violent, the only form of happiness she know, the only thing that make her feel like "finally being something" in the world where she will never fit in.  :(

Man I want to give my Emo goblin a hug right now.  :-[
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:29:08 am by Nuttycompa »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 04:45:14 am »

my mayor  I guess. In a ten eedjit siege he killed four goblins and one human invader. Mind you the human got dogged down before the mayor even arrived. Zan Zatkul, Captain of the Guard also gets a mention; he got his first baby-macedwarf-dabbling steps by breaking a gobbo's arm and then smoshing his head in with his masterful copper mace - even if it was intended as a mostly ceremonial baton.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:57:57 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.