Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40451 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Wait, that's not the surprise...
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »

Apparently there were 2 extends at the beginning of the day. The day has been extended by 48 hours.

You decide to argue some more.

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk - origamiscienceguy,
The Moonlit Shadow -
origamiscienceguy - Deus Asmoth, hector13, The Moonlit Shadow
Deus Asmoth - fillipk
No lynch -

0/2 to extend (1 extend remaining)
0/3 to shorten

Day 3 ends at midnight UTC on Thursday the 11th of February.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:11:09 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: That's not the surprise...
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »

No ties for you, bro.

You're not having much luck, what with the arm and now your eye and the impending death...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »

Oh, phew. I forgot Hector changed his vote to me again.

Hector, you were talking about how stupid it would have been if you were scum to claim cop. Do the same for me.
How stupid would it have been to Bus Taneb, when there wasn't even a massive wagon on him, and then put all my attention on myself with all the stuff I did.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:17 pm »

I just came down with a really bad case of pink-eye. It hurts to open my right eye. It came so suddenly... hopefully it will go away soon.
hope that you get better

oh and unvote

OSG
I said it earlier today, but Deus caught my eye for some reason, your logic was anti-town and it wasn't even hard to see this.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2016, 10:08:27 pm »

I just came down with a really bad case of pink-eye. It hurts to open my right eye. It came so suddenly... hopefully it will go away soon.
hope that you get better

oh and unvote

OSG
I said it earlier today, but Deus caught my eye for some reason, your logic was anti-town and it wasn't even hard to see this.
I find that extremely bandwagony. Please answer the question above as well. Why was what I did scummy? If anything, it brought attention to myself which is a thinkg scum do not want to do. And my votes definately staying on you. The second you realize that there is a bandwagon on me, you jump on it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 08, 2016, 10:15:41 pm »

Oh, phew. I forgot Hector changed his vote to me again.

Hector, you were talking about how stupid it would have been if you were scum to claim cop. Do the same for me.
How stupid would it have been to Bus Taneb, when there wasn't even a massive wagon on him, and then put all my attention on myself with all the stuff I did.

Well I recall a thing that NQT did that looked at bussing in BM games, since it pretty much doesn't happen (probably because it's not really something conducive to learning how to play) but since there aren't any new players left (I think, Moonlit and fillipk I've played a few games outside of BMs with) that it kinda doesn't matter anymore...

Perhaps you were thinking that the statistical theorycrafting would be a good way to appear to be engaging without actually doing it. It's harder for me to look at that as being a townie mistake than me claiming.

There's probably a bit of bias there since I obviously know my role and not yours, so... yeah. The fact that you continued doing the statistical analysis stuff after being told (at least by me) that it wasn't useful doesn't sit well either.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:22 pm »

That's just how I like to play, and I find it useful even if others don't. In the future, I think I'll just make my own spreadsheets and flowcharts and only share them if it's important. But what would have been my motive, as a scum, to do all that stuff I did? And why continue doing it after it got everybody to vote for me? My motive as town is it helps me see all the possibilities and figure out how to make my actions now cause the best case scenarios later. What do you think would be my scum motive?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »

That's just how I like to play, and I find it useful even if others don't. In the future, I think I'll just make my own spreadsheets and flowcharts and only share them if it's important. But what would have been my motive, as a scum, to do all that stuff I did? And why continue doing it after it got everybody to vote for me? My motive as town is it helps me see all the possibilities and figure out how to make my actions now cause the best case scenarios later. What do you think would be my scum motive?

Flood the game with numbers that don't really mean anything (it considers the "optimum" play, which isn't going to happen every time, and pretty much disregards anything else) and indirectly encourage folk to comment and come up with their own numbers, which doesn't help us find scum.

As I said, it makes it look as though you're doing something useful when it really isn't. We don't know if there's a jailor yet, and probably won't until they flip or the game ends, so discussing what we'll do if there is pointless.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 08, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »

Flood the game with numbers that don't really mean anything (it considers the "optimum" play, which isn't going to happen every time, and pretty much disregards anything else) and indirectly encourage folk to comment and come up with their own numbers, which doesn't help us find scum.

As I said, it makes it look as though you're doing something useful when it really isn't. We don't know if there's a jailor yet, and probably won't until they flip or the game ends, so discussing what we'll do if there is pointless.
You know that's just what I do. I do it almost every game when it's relevant. And you always get mad at me about it. I've done it as town and scum, so it is not a tell for anything, it'sneutral.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:01 pm »

I disagree, I've never seen you stick at something like what you were doing for so long, even after you were told it's not useful. You haven't been asking questions or putting pressure on anyone, which is something you do in addition to other analysis.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

But you have noticed me do some statistical things and some "If this happenes, this happens which causes this which means we should do this." things before.

Anyways, you think that me "trying to flood the game with useless information" is more scummy than Fillipk's blatant bandwagoning here:

hope that you get better

oh and unvote

OSG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 08, 2016, 11:09:06 pm »

Well you can still win even if you're dead anyway :P if you're town.

I think the active lurking from you is more scummy than fillipk, at the moment. We still have another extension (TDS the day should end on midnight Thursday) should we need to use it.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2016, 11:17:49 pm »

Gee I'm sorry its considered bandwagoning if you actually think they are scum.

OSG, like me you haven't committed to much and I really can't get pass how your "logic" made sense to you earlier in the game.

Those are the two main points, I have HW or I would be digging for more right now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »

I know we can still win, but it is better to lynch scum. That way we know we win. I know I am town, so I will definately keep fighting to convince you guys to not vote for me. Are you trying to make me give up or something?

Also, I will take that Extend. I think I will need it. If someone else would please extend as well, I still want to talk about this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2016, 11:23:51 pm »

Dude, no. That'll keep the game going 'til frickin' Monday. I don't want you to give up, but you have ~45hrs to convince us. If that's not enough, oh well.

oppose extension/shorten

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27