Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40526 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2016, 06:59:08 pm »

OSG: What's to discuss? You clearly have something in mind regarding it, so spit it out :P

fillipk:

I've known I was going to be lynched since the start of day 3 because of how I acted day 1 and because of how Teneb flipped day 2, but I don't care because the town can still win this, I do believe OSG is more likely to be scum because he voted for Teneb after it was a pretty sure lurker lynch, just keep that in mind.

That doesn't excuse a complete lack of scumhunting on your part, over the course of two entire days of play.
i complete lack of scum hunting?  People have been ignoring my scum hunting this day and using it as proof of me being wishywashy between OSG and Deus and voting me.

For what it's worth I believe Hector but can we get back to the topic,

Deus and OSG let's say hypothetically I'm not scum, what is your argument against the other person on why they are scum and you are not.

Well point out where you were scumhunting then. Nobody is voting you (I think) so yeah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2016, 07:03:30 pm »

OSG: What's to discuss? You clearly have something in mind regarding it, so spit it out :P

fillipk:

I've known I was going to be lynched since the start of day 3 because of how I acted day 1 and because of how Teneb flipped day 2, but I don't care because the town can still win this, I do believe OSG is more likely to be scum because he voted for Teneb after it was a pretty sure lurker lynch, just keep that in mind.

That doesn't excuse a complete lack of scumhunting on your part, over the course of two entire days of play.
i complete lack of scum hunting?  People have been ignoring my scum hunting this day and using it as proof of me being wishywashy between OSG and Deus and voting me.

For what it's worth I believe Hector but can we get back to the topic,

Deus and OSG let's say hypothetically I'm not scum, what is your argument against the other person on why they are scum and you are not.
I've laid out my arguments against OSG in detail for most of today. I'm not voting for you. Why are you paying so little attention to who is actually voting for who in favour of throwing yourself a pity party? Why didn't you answer this question the last time I asked you it?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2016, 07:06:59 pm »

Deus Asmoth: I do not think you are doc. because the likelihood of that being the case is quite low. (4 players and a 1/2 chance means 1/8 chance.) Why? Are you planning on claiming?
No, I'm planning on pointing out why your insistence on building strategy around there being a doctor is a complete waste of time. You and TMS both wanted a doctor to claim if there was one, so we know that neither of you are the jailer. fillipk has claimed vanilla town, not to mention that you're voting for him and therefore can't think he's a town power role. I'm the last available slot that a doctor could be in, and you don't think that I am one. Ergo, you cannot think that there is a doctor in the game. So why are you insisting on acting as if you do?
If Hector was Fakeclaiming, then there would HAVE to be a doc. If there isn't a doc, then we can know that Hector is not fakeclaiming and thus don't have to worry about it.

This was all precautionary trying to maximize town's chance of winning is also beneficial for town just like scumhunting. I should make a flowchart for what to do if cetain situations come up. That would be fun.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2016, 07:07:58 pm »

Deus Asmoth: I do not think you are doc. because the likelihood of that being the case is quite low. (4 players and a 1/2 chance means 1/8 chance.) Why? Are you planning on claiming?
No, I'm planning on pointing out why your insistence on building strategy around there being a doctor is a complete waste of time. You and TMS both wanted a doctor to claim if there was one, so we know that neither of you are the jailer. fillipk has claimed vanilla town, not to mention that you're voting for him and therefore can't think he's a town power role. I'm the last available slot that a doctor could be in, and you don't think that I am one. Ergo, you cannot think that there is a doctor in the game. So why are you insisting on acting as if you do?
If Hector was Fakeclaiming, then there would HAVE to be a doc. If there isn't a doc, then we can know that Hector is not fakeclaiming and thus don't have to worry about it.

This was all precautionary trying to maximize town's chance of winning is also beneficial for town just like scumhunting. I should make a flowchart for what to do if cetain situations come up. That would be fun.

And entirely pointless.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2016, 07:14:06 pm »

This was all precautionary trying to maximize town's chance of winning is also beneficial for town just like scumhunting.
No. If there are zero candidates to fill your hypothetical doctor slot, then there is a 0% chance that there is a doctor and you're wasting effort on something you don't even think can happen in an attempt to look busy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2016, 07:23:45 pm »

OK fine, since you're not going to answer the question about the risks and benefits of my claim in that situation (because it's obviously not as useful as postulating and throwing out numbers at us) I'll do it for you.

If I were scum: my wincon would be to murder y'all. So, given that no bugger has suspected me for the entire game (I'm not even sure I've been voted yet) the game was going absolutely perfectly. Moonlit was beginning to fall under suspicion, which would work well toward my wincon, 'cause Moonlit always looks like scum. I literally could've just stayed out of it and still got a result that would benefit me, and I don't even fall under suspicion for it happening! Bonus. Fillipk was also looking quite scummy, so all I'd have to do was sit tight, wait until the night, kill OSG or DA and push fillipk tomorrow. Easy.

However, I chose to claim cop, clearing Moonlit in the process. This meant that Moonlit is no longer in contention for a lynch today, making my wincon harder to achieve. It also means I would have some explaining to do over why I wasn't killed during the night tomorrow, since I'm hardly going to kill myself, aye? I might get away with it by lynching DA or OSG today (though I've recently stated I'm not going to vote DA, cutting my list to fillipk, the sole "easy lynch" and OSG) and leaving fillipk for tomorrow. I'd also have to hope there isn't a jailor who gets lucky, or just decides to jail me anyway.

So yeah... scum aren't going to fakeclaim a cop role in my situation. It would be utterly stupid.

Now I need to say that Moonlit is an idiot, because he's actually paying attention to what OSG is doing and indulging in it himself. How is postulating over the existence of a jailor and what they may or may not do going to help us catch the scum? You're wasting the time I claimed my god-damn role to fucking save.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »

Okay, fine. I never believed that you actually were scum. As I said earlier, I was just pointing out possibilities.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »

TMS won't be targeted for the NK unless the scum are braindead.
Think. If anyone else dies, that's one less person who might be scum. If I die, then town loses a voter and scum could still be anyone.

I am thinking. You're basically saying if I don't die during the night you'll vote for me, which is asinine and plays right into the scum's hands. If we lynch someone today and there's an NK, that means the scum will win.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »

You said I'd be scum, actually. Mostly because your logic is quite, quite flawed. And, given the next sentence, don't particularly want to discuss it.

I also don't see how all this postulating - this pointless, fruitless, entirely hypothetical postulating - has made you doubt my claim.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2016, 07:59:07 pm »

TDS: Can we get a votecount please?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »

I just didn't really think about your claim at all before it, so... yeah.

That's because it was well-timed. I know you're town and didn't want the others to waste time on you. Why would I do that if I were scum?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »

TMS, I think a fairly big problem you have is that you keep using absolutes when you apparently don't mean them. It's making any change in opinion you have look a lot more drastic than I imagine it really is.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Deploying surprise in 3... 2... 1...
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2016, 09:38:31 pm »

And the day has ended. It should have ended 2.5 hours ago but I wasn't around to post anything earlier. Counting votes...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:40:31 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2016, 09:56:08 pm »

I just came down with a really bad case of pink-eye. It hurts to open my right eye. It came so suddenly... hopefully it will go away soon.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:28 pm »

Oh shit. I think we are tied.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27