Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40528 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2016, 05:38:18 pm »

Right... I asked earlier, but nobody deigned to answer, 'cept fillipk, who I'm voting.

The other one who didn't answer was OSG, so... please enlighten us with your veteran logic.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:20 pm »

I was just wanting to put out all the possibilities.

If there is a doc AND a Cop, the scum is screwed. We've been over this. So I think it is not unreasonable that the scum may have fakeclaimed cop hoping that there wasn't one, since if there was one, they lose anyways. So that's where this hypothetical situation starts. Hector is scum who fakeclaimed cop and there is no actual cop to counterclaim. (I, like everybody else, think that this is highly unlikely, but it is a possibility, so this is why I bring it up.) The following case is assuming we didn't think of a fakeclaimed cop.

This is what would happen in this case: Either Fillipk, DA, or I are lynched, (let's say Fillipk's the doc for this hypothetical situation.) And let's just pick DA to be lynched. Fillipk protects me because we've gone over why the doc shouldn't protect the cop. Hector now has a 1/2 chance of killing Fillipk and failing to kill me. Hector now knows who the doc is, and says that his "investigation" revealed that Fillipk is scum. I would believe him, because I know I'm town and he's a claimed cop. And I would assume that there isn't a doc in this game. Fillipk is lynched, claiming doc wouldn't help at all, Hector wins.

We need to think of a way to safeguard this just in case it might be a thing that is happening. What we know for sure is that if Hector is fakeclaiming, then there must be a doc. (It doesn't matter if someone said they weren't doc since they could have been lying.)

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2016, 05:59:16 pm »

OSG: We don't. We really don't need to create a safeguard against the least suspected player deciding to risk committing suicide by fake claiming for no reason in order to prevent more town infighting by claiming a town result on one of the players, because that scenario requires hector to be an idiot.

TMS: What reason would hector, as scum, have to claim a town result on you when no one was suspicious of him at the time?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 08, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »

It does not require Hector to be an idiot. I've stated it already, If there is a doc and a cop, scum is screwed. So if you got nothing to lose, than this strategy offers a much higher chance of winning than all the others.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »

The whole point is that we now don't trust Hector's investigation. If DA died (using ur same situation) and you were protected (thus Fillipk, you, Hector, and me being still alive) we ask Doc to claim. If Hector was scum, then he's screwed - you know you aren't, Fillipk knows that he protected you. So Fillipk claims Doc, and we agree to no lynch. This time, Fillipk blocks Hector.

If there is still no kill, we can nolynch again. We can repeat until there is finally a kill, and then if, say, Fillipk dies then whoever he didn't roleblock is scum. Me and who he roleblocked can do that. If I die then whoever was roleblocked has the final say - kill Hector or kill Fillipk (doc).

Deus Asmoth: The only reason is super complex. It means that he planned ahead far enough to claim when he wasn't under suspicion to make seem as if he wasn't scum. Which is why it's not a huge possibility.
GENIOUS!! That only works if Hector targets me. If he target's Fillipk, then we lose. But it's better than nothing. (note, this is continuing the hypothetical situation from earlier.)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »

It does not require Hector to be an idiot. I've stated it already, If there is a doc and a cop, scum is screwed. So if you got nothing to lose, than this strategy offers a much higher chance of winning than all the others.
No. It doesn't. It offers immediately getting counter claimed by a cop and then lynched. And again, do you think I'm a jailer?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:52 pm »

I share your feelings DA. It would require me to be an idiot, though I'll go into that in an hour or so, since I need a proper keyboard for that.

Guess I'll move my vote back to OSG.

TMS won't be targeted for the NK unless the scum are braindead.

PFP
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

Well, either the scum would hope there isn't a doc, and stay quiet. Or he would hope there's no cop, and fakeclaim. It's the same either way you look at it. Deus Asmoth: I do not think you are doc. because the likelihood of that being the case is quite low. (4 players and a 1/2 chance means 1/8 chance.) Why? Are you planning on claiming?

Why are you guys voting for me because of pointing out all the possibilities?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:12 pm »

Your possibilities are not scumhunting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2016, 06:40:50 pm »

Does it tell us who is scum? Does it tell us if my claim is honest? Does it tell us who will be NK'd?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2016, 06:44:54 pm »

Everybody was taking you for granted. I just tried to make them realize that there was some reasonable doubt that you were not. That was some scumhunting on you. You don't always have to vote for someone you are scumhunting.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

Also, you kind of disturbed the waters with your cop claim, so that is also why.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2016, 06:50:03 pm »

Right. Was I not clear? Stats and listing possibilities is not scumhunting.

I disturbed the waters because I know Moonlit is town, however wrong I wish I was. If I were scum, what would be the benefits of fakeclaiming cop in that specific situation? What would be the risks? The same questions, but consider my claim true.

Same questions for Moonlit.

Having considered that, what is your conclusion?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »

Deus Asmoth: I do not think you are doc. because the likelihood of that being the case is quite low. (4 players and a 1/2 chance means 1/8 chance.) Why? Are you planning on claiming?
No, I'm planning on pointing out why your insistence on building strategy around there being a doctor is a complete waste of time. You and TMS both wanted a doctor to claim if there was one, so we know that neither of you are the jailer. fillipk has claimed vanilla town, not to mention that you're voting for him and therefore can't think he's a town power role. I'm the last available slot that a doctor could be in, and you don't think that I am one. Ergo, you cannot think that there is a doctor in the game. So why are you insisting on acting as if you do?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2016, 06:54:59 pm »

OSG: What's to discuss? You clearly have something in mind regarding it, so spit it out :P

fillipk:

I've known I was going to be lynched since the start of day 3 because of how I acted day 1 and because of how Teneb flipped day 2, but I don't care because the town can still win this, I do believe OSG is more likely to be scum because he voted for Teneb after it was a pretty sure lurker lynch, just keep that in mind.

That doesn't excuse a complete lack of scumhunting on your part, over the course of two entire days of play.
i complete lack of scum hunting?  People have been ignoring my scum hunting this day and using it as proof of me being wishywashy between OSG and Deus and voting me.

For what it's worth I believe Hector but can we get back to the topic,

Deus and OSG let's say hypothetically I'm not scum, what is your argument against the other person on why they are scum and you are not.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27