Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40543 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2016, 02:15:30 pm »

It really isn't though. Perhaps he had nothing new to add?

Anyway, anti-town /=/ scum.

DA is the only one not to claim a role though. Perhaps they'd like to do that just now?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 08, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »

There are two votes on me, one vote on Deus, and one vote on OSG, I'm up to be lynched not you OSG, you were never up to be lynched.

I'm not the jailor, but I find it weird that Deus popped up when suspicion was turned on him but is letting us discuss who to lynch without his input, suspicious enough to vote him.  Unvote,   Deus Asmoth please be more active.
This, the bolded part, explain it.
Why are you asking someone to explain what you typed? You quoted yourself there.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:17 pm »

There are two votes on me, one vote on Deus, and one vote on OSG, I'm up to be lynched not you OSG, you were never up to be lynched.

I'm not the jailor, but I find it weird that Deus popped up when suspicion was turned on him but is letting us discuss who to lynch without his input, suspicious enough to vote him.  Unvote,   Deus Asmoth please be more active.
This, the bolded part, explain it.
Me being online at roughly the same time that I've been online for most of the game is neither unusual nor scummy. And at the time that you posted I was asking TMS about his views on OSG, who you may recall is one of the people being considered for lynching. So I'm not sure why you're claiming that I'm making zero input. Would you prefer that I just spam the same points over and over again?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »

Well having an investigative role is certainly interesting in that I don't have a fucking clue who to vote for when I don't know alignments, returning to the paranoia of maybe being wrong so I don't bring things up.

Anyway, bugger that nonsense. I read through DA's posts, I don't think he's scum. I'll read through fillipk's next, as I think he's more likely at this point to be scum than OSG, so Unvote for the moment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2016, 03:28:55 pm »

DA is the only one not to claim a role though. Perhaps they'd like to do that just now?
I mean, I can claim vanilla town, but since I've said that if there is a doctor they shouldn't claim does that really answer anything?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »

Nah... nah.

Fillipk, good god man.

He was on the defensive for pretty much the entirety of D2, and hasn't actually asked any serious questions since then.

Whenever he has voted someone it's been with very spotty reasoning. Moonlit, because DA has internet problems (and then basically asks the rest of us for acknowledgment at the end)

He piggbacks my argument against OSG, and even does what I did, and that was an FoS (the post immediately prior to the linked one) as well as parroting what I said, just in fewer words.

Votes DA for inactvity(?) and then points out that OSG jumped on the Teneb wagon toward the end of D2. I like the maxim "activity is not indicative of alignment" so I'm inclined to think that what OSG did is more scummy, so this is a weird vote on top of crap reasoning.

He changed his mind and voted OSG about four hours later though, bemoaning that he's still the lynch target. He wasn't, so he clearly hasn't been paying attention to the game either.

At the start of D2 and 3 he was also acting quite oddly, in my opinion.

He came out with "I'm not sorry for lynching heydude" as his first D2 post which strikes me as a little bit of a "yeah I'm not sorry so don't bother pressing me on it".

Kinda similar opening D3 post, after he gets 3 votes on him, he basically says "yeah whatever, I'm town" and tries to shorten.

So yeah... fillipk is more likely to be scum than DA. Haven't looked over OSG's posts yet, so... might do that later.

PPE:
I mean, I can claim vanilla town, but since I've said that if there is a doctor they shouldn't claim does that really answer anything?

Not really. I had considered that, but hey, maybe you changed your mind.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2016, 04:39:12 pm »

I've known I was going to be lynched since the start of day 3 because of how I acted day 1 and because of how Teneb flipped day 2, but I don't care because the town can still win this, I do believe OSG is more likely to be scum because he voted for Teneb after it was a pretty sure lurker lynch, just keep that in mind.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:41 pm »

If there is a doc, then we're fine. If there is not, then Hector will die and TMS will have to choose between me and Deus.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:49 pm »

Unless Hector is fake claiming. Nobody has yet to talk about that yet. Please discuss it.
More thought.

The scum is screwed if there is a doc anyways. So there would be no downside to fake claiming doc. This would mean that a vt is lynched today, hector would die, and then the fake doc could attack the other uninvestigated townie.

This puts us in a bad situation. If one doc claims, we are now even more confused than before, and if 2 docs claim, then we get lucky and easy victory. What is everybody else's thoughts on this.?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2016, 04:46:19 pm »

OSG: What's to discuss? You clearly have something in mind regarding it, so spit it out :P

fillipk:

I've known I was going to be lynched since the start of day 3 because of how I acted day 1 and because of how Teneb flipped day 2, but I don't care because the town can still win this, I do believe OSG is more likely to be scum because he voted for Teneb after it was a pretty sure lurker lynch, just keep that in mind.

That doesn't excuse a complete lack of scumhunting on your part, over the course of two entire days of play.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »

It's literally quoted right there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:16 pm »

If's hector's scum then that's an easy win. If he doesn't die then we can lynch him tomorrow.

Now, that makes me think that you're definitely scum OSG.

Don't be stupid. Think about reasons why I might not get killed.

OSG that had nothing to do with my claim.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »

Or, you know... The doc could save him. If Hector is Fakeclaiming, then there must not be a cop, and therefore must be a doc.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2016, 05:26:03 pm »

If's hector's scum then that's an easy win. If he doesn't die then we can lynch him tomorrow.

Now, that makes me think that you're definitely scum OSG.

Don't be stupid. Think about reasons why I might not get killed.

OSG that had nothing to do with my claim.
Well if you aren't scum and someone else dies, it's between you and the scum. So our odds are the same, just that we can't trust you. There's no difference as we wouldn't have your investigation if you died anyway, so we just can't trust you. If you are scum, then same thing.

OSG: Well then tell Doc not to target him! Then if someone still dies, then Hector is scum. Because Doc rules out one of the other 2 suspects, and him roleblocking the other guy rules him out as well. If no one dies then it becomes MYLO, so we can chose to no lynch and see what the claims were the day earlier. If Doc dies we know that he was telling the truth earlier and hopefully he told us who he was gonna target (Hector), so whoever he didn't target was scum. If the other suspect dies then it's either the Doc claimer or Hector. Doc will have targeted Hector, so if that happens then Doc is obviously scum - if Hector was scum then he would've been roleblocked. Lastly, if Hector dies then the Doc claimer is scum. Anyway, I'm preety sure there's no scum.

Could you... clean that up? That made exactly no sense.

I don't see how me not being killed will mean categorically that I'm scum, either. It's a stupid conclusion to jump to.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2016, 05:32:21 pm »

Unless Hector is fake claiming. Nobody has yet to talk about that yet. Please discuss it.
I did talk about it. It's extremely unlikely. No one's counter claimed cop. No one's claimed jailer (out of two who think that claiming jailer would be a wonderful idea, fillipk already claiming vanilla and me). So either you think that I'm the jailer (in which case your opinion on voting for fillipk over me should be a hell of a lot more solid) or you're just trying to throw doubt on the claimed cop out of desperation. Which is it?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27