Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40498 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Wow for lack of activity... overextended myself a bit, too many games. Need to re-read :'(

Let's encourage Teneb a bit, shall we? Opinions of things so far.

Fillipk is bothering me a lot right now. Doesn't seem to know what he's trying to say, and he was on heydude's case all of yesterday. That's tunneling, OMGUS'ing and some wishy-washiness. I might even be able to argue that roo is the perennial easy lynch, too... but that part would be silly.

There's also this little tidbit, in which fillipk states that heydude wasn't falling into the "n00b mindset" of jumping to accusations as town... but if you read over heydudes posts after the initial vote, that appears to be exactly what heydude is doing.

Question: you mention in that post that heydude was buddying. Where was he buddying?

Now, it could be that fillipk is town and the scum were just quite happy to let two townies go at it as the main focus of D1, but I'm not so sure about that just yet.

Moonlit: I found it! What made me bothered by you. You're late day shenanigans about unvoting Tawarochir, while encouraging people to vote for him and discouraging them at the same time... it was strange.

I need you to try to explain your thought process there. It seemed like you didn't want to a) be blamed for a no lynch and b) not be on a town lynch: unvoting Tawa made heydude the lynch target, so you were in essence voting for him, while also doing your weird "vote Tawa but I'll scumread you for it!" thing.

OSG: policy lynches, aye? How is this helpful? Anyway, everyone is lurking, and we can't lynch everybody... (policy lynches for the new ones among us, are lynching people based on arbitrary criteria rather than their content and actions. In this instance, lurking (or inactivity, really).

So... that's kind of a loose reads list there, scum at the top to town at the bottom. I'm inclined to think O. Wilde and DA are town at this point, so no questions for them just yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

Well, it took me longer to get back to this than I was hoping. Day 1 thoughts:

fillipk: You seem to just be trying to change your story until you find one where people won't keep pressuring you.

TMS still seems kind of scummy to me, but at least part of my suspicions on him were caused by the fact that he seems to be posting things as they occur to him rather than putting major thought into it. That's not supposed to sound insulting if it seems like it does, but I also don't think it's a good thing to do in a game where minor things can lead to getting lynched.

Hazard did very little. A little discussion about roo, but notably no serious interaction with any other player before he got replaced. Could be scum.

I like the cut of Oscar's jib. Probably town.
The compliment was serious and sarcastic, he did a good thing but it didn't help me so yeah.

Teneb: Why have you not talked yet?

Fillipk: Same Question. Also, time to explain yourself, buddy boy.
because I didn't want to deal with this yesterday and I hadn't calmed down enough.

Wow for lack of activity... overextended myself a bit, too many games. Need to re-read :'(

Fillipk is bothering me a lot right now. Doesn't seem to know what he's trying to say, and he was on heydude's case all of yesterday. That's tunneling, OMGUS'ing and some wishy-washiness. I might even be able to argue that roo is the perennial easy lynch, too... but that part would be silly.

There's also this little tidbit, in which fillipk states that heydude wasn't falling into the "n00b mindset" of jumping to accusations as town... but if you read over heydudes posts after the initial vote, that appears to be exactly what heydude is doing.

Question: you mention in that post that heydude was buddying. Where was he buddying?

Now, it could be that fillipk is town and the scum were just quite happy to let two townies go at it as the main focus of D1, but I'm not so sure about that just yet.

I could say I'm town but that never helps so yeah.  I read back over day 1 yesterday, after I had calmed down and I am such an idiot. I was too angry at the justification he gave for his vote on me and later his attitude o lets call the whole thing off I ignored all the town tells and I focused on the scum tells which were outnumbered by all the town tells.  I guess he got me like Roo gets some of you. 

extend
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

OSG: policy lynches, aye? How is this helpful? Anyway, everyone is lurking, and we can't lynch everybody... (policy lynches for the new ones among us, are lynching people based on arbitrary criteria rather than their content and actions. In this instance, lurking (or inactivity, really).

You complain about me advocating policy lynches and then vote the same player?

Admittedly, I should have explained more about why I was voting for H4zard. There wasn't in my eyes a better target. Nobody up to this point had been particularly scummy and it is generally better to have people who produce content still alive rather than people who don't.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Sorry for getting your hopes up, but I'll need replacement myself.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that this is our 5th replacement.

I guess I'm back to square one Taneb
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless there are a few extends I missed, the day is now over. Processing...
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Night 2: Swordfighting! In SPAAAAAAACE! (Night 2)
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:18 pm »

You decide that Teneb is definitely an alien. You're so sure that you take a sword. And stab him.

As it turns out, aliens bleed green. The blood also corrodes steel, so someone will have to get a new sword.

Teneb has been lynched! He was the mafia rolecop!

Quote from: 'Role Cop' Mafia
You are an alien. For some nefarious reason, you want to eliminate all the people. However, first you must eliminate the people who are still alive so that you can accomplish your goals in peace.

In addition, you can read minds to figure out what kind of role a person has on this ship.

You are mafia. You have access to the shared night kill of your faction. You have the ability to inspect others in order to discover their role. You may plot with your partner [In a secret topic on quicktopic.com that will be visible only to you and your partner].

Win condition: You win when the town faction has equal or less players than your faction.

Day 2 ended!

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk (1) - Deus Asmoth
The Moonlit Shadow -
O. Wilde -
Teneb (2) - hector13, origamiscienceguy
origamiscienceguy (1) - O. Wilde
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

Night 2 ends at midnight UTC on Wednesday the 4th of February.

Teneb is no longer up for replacement.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Day 3: Whoops, lost track of another brain...
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2016, 10:34:31 pm »

As you gather the following day, you notice that everyone made it back. Except for O. Wilde's brain, which appears to be missing.

O. Wilde has been killed! He was a vanilla townie!

Quote from: 'Vanilla' Town
You are a human, woken early from cryosleep. You have no rank and cannot act at night.

You are town.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk -
The Moonlit Shadow -
origamiscienceguy -
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

0/2 to extend.
0/3 to shorten.

Day 3 ends at midnight UTC on Tuesday the 9th of February.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2016, 07:03:34 am »

Cock.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2016, 08:40:40 am »

There's fillipk as well, TMS, who wasn't voting at all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2016, 08:53:19 am »

At least it's not MYLO or LYLO.
Fillipk
You have clearly been frustrated with O. Wilde this game. And he died last night. This is very WIFOMy, but you also didn't vote at all last day.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2016, 04:22:14 pm »

There's five people left and I don't feel like trying to convince you all I'm town, I'm a vanilla townie and it's not MLYLO, or LYLO so shorten
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »

We can still question DA, so perhaps not. Is DA still in existence?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

That reminds me I need to send him a prod for my game, so he might not be available and less likely to be Mafia, I'd pin it on OSG, his vote against me came with some WIFOM, shame on you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »

That reminds me I need to send him a prod for my game, so he might not be available and less likely to be Mafia, I'd pin it on OSG, his vote against me came with some WIFOM, shame on you.
I acknowledged it had WIFOM, but It was also in conjunction with the fact that you didn't vote for Taneb/H4zard.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27