Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40581 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

Why aren't you sorry for getting a townie lynched?
Because I thought he was scum and he was getting on my nerves almost all of day 1, now if I could go back and redo it with the knowledge I have now sure I would change who I lynched but as it stands I'm not sorry.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2016, 08:22:05 pm »

O.Wilde: Can I call you Oscar? It's really bugging me.
Feel free.

Also, your confusion. Confused town might spend time trying to figure out wtf just happened, and thus not scumhunt.
But wouldn't throwing an entirely new player into the mix do that more effectively than just removing one? It's not exactly possible to really determine their motives, but it's strange.

Fillipk, do you still think your original case was strong enough to warrant a lynch, or was he 'getting on your nerves' hard enough to warrant killing a townie?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

You lynched someone because they were getting on your nerves?

Maybe it's a good thing roo wasn't playing...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Why aren't you sorry for getting a townie lynched?
Because I thought he was scum and he was getting on my nerves almost all of day 1, now if I could go back and redo it with the knowledge I have now sure I would change who I lynched but as it stands I'm not sorry.
I have been in the same boat as you before with roo instead, so I understand why you feel this way, but after a while, I realized it was quite foolish to vote somebody just because they annoyed me. Try not to do this in the future.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You lynched someone because they were getting on your nerves?

Maybe it's a good thing roo wasn't playing...
Roo I can deal with and if I truely thought Heydude was town I wouldn't lynch him, maybe I should have relooked at the evidence I was using because I might have called it off, but I tunneled vision at the end and it was his, let's just call the whole thing off attitude that got me seeing red, it doesn't excuse my tunnel vision though, I'll be more careful next time.

Back to scum hunting.  PFP but I remember some of you supporting me without actually voting heydude, explain please.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Hmm. Well, killing an IC isn't really that unexpected of a move. It's possible that the scum team killed Tawa rather than taking a gamble on whoever replaced him, or they just wanted a kill that didn't provide much in the way of feedback to the town.

At the moment I'm still inclined towards thinking that TMS is scum, but I haven't properly re-evaluated that position yet.

fillipk: because I didn't think heydude was scum, and voting for the person I wanted to vote for would have resulted in a tie with minutes to go before the end of the day.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright so. Seven players remaining.

-1 Basic Scum
-1 Scum Rolecop
-1 Cop or Towny (If towny, Jailkeeper is in play.)
-1 Jailkeeper or Towny (If Towny, Cop is in play.)
-3 Townies

Yikes.

Deus Asmoth
hector13
fillipk
The Moonlit Shadow
origamiscienceguy

5 people I can talk to. Yikes.

To paraphrase Wilde, why is it suspicious to you that he didn't answer a question that not only was not addressed to him, but was addressed specifically to someone else?
Moonlit, are you going to answer this? The only reason I'm not voting you right now is I don't think 2 votes on you are warranted just yet.

@Owilde bravo you intelligently deconstructed my post, thank you.
I couldn't put my finger on why this made me so uncomfortable earlier, but not I think I have it. I interpreted this as a sarcastic jab at my smartassery. Is that a correct interpretation?

Origami, you're fairly new in this game. What're you thinking as far as scum in our currently active players? IE: Not H4zard.

Get to scumhunting
Great plan. Why don't you start? All you've done so far is a softball easily dodged question, and a short little comment on fillipk's bloodthirstiness.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Why are you eliminating Hazard, O. Wilde?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »

Because I can do this:
Okay, i can still large-posting at this time.
O.Wilde: If there is any better question, ask him too. Is there any more questions that you could ask to woodward(and everyone)?
fillipk: How do you mind?
rOO:Do you answer questions? How do you mind?
I just wanted to know how they were gonna claim it.
heydude6: Is it a bad idea saying your intentions?
Deus Asmoth: Is it a bad idea asking for claims early and if so, how(and why)?
Tawarochir: Is it a bad idea posting a vote and unvote for the vote in the post and if so, how(and why)?
Everyone: Is it a bad idea i was saying 'is it a bad idea' on the 3 last questions(or 4 or 5, depending on your mind)?
Do you know what i am talking about the 'how do you mind' question at fillipk and roo? (hint: It's not the exact same question. It's 'about' a different thing.)

So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it to seriously.
Which means... roo should be ignored d1. If you want to kill lynch him, do it at d2.
Also, do you get any idea what is this question directed at you?
fillipk: How do you mind?

PFT(you get it?)
-
Unless he says something crazy other than simple votes(votes include obv/really scum are simple votes too), lynch at d2.

3 posts. That's how much he's done. I'm not going to ask anyone to try and form an opinion about someone based on their 3 whole posts over the entire of day 1. It's gonna suck a lot if he turns out to be scum, but I can't hunt, and neither can anyone else, if someone is literally not involved in the game.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I couldn't put my finger on why this made me so uncomfortable earlier, but not I think I have it. I interpreted this as a sarcastic jab at my smartassery. Is that a correct interpretation?

No you are just playing real good and I was trying to compliment you, sorry it came off as sarcastic, probably an undercurrent at that time.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

But I never did anything! D:

BB     A   H   H
B B   A A  H   H
B  B A   A H   H
BBB  AAAAA HHHHH
B B  A   A H   H
B  B A   A H   H ..
BBB  A   A H   H ..
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No you are just playing real good and I was trying to compliment you, sorry it came off as sarcastic, probably an undercurrent at that time.
See, that's less confusing but a hell of a lot more suspicious. It didn't strike me as odd till Deus mentioned it, but why are you being so friendly towards me?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, that's less confusing but a hell of a lot more suspicious. It didn't strike me as odd till Deus mentioned it, but why are you being so friendly towards me?
I mean, let's be honest. That post was mainly me being a dickhead. Let's take a look at it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1. Dickhead. Rude and unnecessary. I was trying to poke you.
2. Still rude.
4. Extremely rude, I'm a dickhead.
6. Dickhead. Sarcasm.
7. Rude towards the middle.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Fillipk, I agree with Wilde. All of those posts look like sarcasm.

And hello Tawa.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27