Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40558 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »

Deus, I meant that because you were focusing on the Tawa thing.
Ah yes. I see how asking someone a few questions is more likely to discourage people from following their suspicions than telling people that you're going to think they're scum if they join the wagon that you're on.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2016, 06:54:21 pm »

Argh, can I request replacement? I don't have time to keep up with this.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:11 pm »

Reading backwards a bit more, I guess I must have been imagining things with Moonlit. Reading the day backwards is actually quite interesting.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »

The day has ended. Processing...
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

Deleted
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:05:43 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:16 pm »

You ended up gathering near the ship's escape pod section. As you take a rest from decided who is and is not an alien, several people wander around. At the same time that some people are inside escape pods, someone else pressed the self-destruct button. Instantly, two more people were vaporized. You'll have to wake up some replacement people before too long.

Of course, you have no way of knowing if some of them are aliens who faked their own death, so you can't use that to help you find them.

Day 1 is now over!

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk (1) - H4zardZ1,
The Moonlit Shadow (1) - hector13
heydude6 (2) - O. Wilde, fillipk
O. Wilde -
H4zardZ1 -
jwoodward48df -
Tawarochir -
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

heydude6 has been lynched! He was human (vanilla town)!

Quote from: 'Vanilla' Town
You are a human, woken early from cryosleep. You have no rank and cannot act at night.

You are town.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

Night 1 ends at midnight UTC on the 29th of January.

Tawarochir is now up for replacement!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2016, 07:22:49 pm »

another replacement? this has to be a record.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: No brains eaten by zombies. Nothing to see here.
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:57 pm »

You have trouble sleeping due to some truly terrible opera singing. As you gather for the day, it appears that tawarochir is missing. Upon inspecting his quarters, you find that he is dead!

Tawarochir was vanilla town!

Quote from: 'Vanilla' Town
You are a human, woken early from cryosleep. You have no rank and cannot act at night.

You are town.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

You are now free to continue trying to find the aliens.

Day 2 has now begun!

Votes:

hector13 -
fillipk -
The Moonlit Shadow -
O. Wilde -
H4zardZ1 -
origamiscienceguy -
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

Day 2 ends at midnight UTC on Wednesday the 3rd of February.

H4zardZ1 is now up for replacement!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:54:14 pm by TheDarkStar »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

You need to remember to change the "jwoodward" bit to "origamiscienceguy"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok see now on this I am legitimately confused about that choice of target. Why kill someone who was being replaced, given that the replacement would likely cause confusion and immediately attract a ton of attention? Maybe a move to implicate TMS?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tawa was mucho inactive D1. Can't really glean much from analysing his posts if they aren't there, can you? It also benefits the mod a bit, as now they only have to find one more player.

Also, your confusion. Confused town might spend time trying to figure out wtf just happened, and thus not scumhunt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, a fourth replacement?

So why would the mafia kill tawa, someone who was going to be replaced? There are a couple reasons why I think that could be the case:

1. No knowledge of who the jailer and cop is at this point, so mafia just picked Tawa to make DarkStar's job easier.

2. They were either told by silthuri, or came up with it on their own that a noob getting replaced by a more experienced player who reads through the day again could find something that they don't want.

Everybody, which of these two options do you think is more likely?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are those the only two options you're going to postulate? 'cause... they're not the only two things that could happen.

Anyway, theorycrafting about the NK won't help us. Get to scumhunting :P

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

I don't think Tawa is much of a noob so I have to go with option one or maybe they tried to put pressure on who was pressuring Tawa but WIFOM so not pursuing that tangent

I'm not sorry for getting heydude lynched, just saying that now, though I must say the lack of votes was weird.

@everyone why did you not participate in voting at the end of the day

Oh and I won't be posting much more until Sunday afternoon because mountains and snow.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why aren't you sorry for getting a townie lynched?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27