Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40568 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2016, 05:35:40 pm »

This suggest you think he's scum. "Even if he's town"

Why aren't you voting for him if that's the case?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2016, 05:43:12 pm »

Heydude: Resigning yourself to getting lynched isn't a scumtell, exactly, but it's always possible to successfully defend yourself and not get lynched (especially when there are only two votes on you) or at least pursue a case on one of your suspects so that once you flip and people know your alignment they can follow up on your points. Essentially, even if you do get lynched you can still win as long as the town does, so the more information you can give them, the better. Even if you are certain that you're about to die, posting a reads list and thoughts about each person is helpful.

Hmm...

TMS: Right. First, what's your response to O.W.'s point about you never actually addressing the question you were accusing him of dodging to him? Second, why are you pressure voting Tawa instead of pressing hector, who you seemed to be scum reading? Third, why are you pressure voting someone in a way that ties the vote a few hours before day ends (and the standard defence here is 'I was going to unvote him later and not let the day end on a tie', so I'd like something more original)? Fourth, how does tying the vote put any pressure on scum!Tawa at all when lynching no one is good for the scum team? Fifth, why Tawarochir rather than any of the other lurkers in the game?

fillipk: honestly, neither of your cases are all that great. heydude's is a case of fairly strong tunneling based off a misunderstanding, and while yours is kind of more solid, I really amn't getting that much of a scum vibe off him at the moment. Why are you acting so friendly to Wilde?

O.Wilde: Can I call you Oscar? It's really bugging me.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2016, 05:45:46 pm »

What really bothers me though, is the fact that Tawa said that he was gonna post something soon and yet he hasn't.

I'll probably be more active now that things are picking up, though.
Of course, not authoritatively. He just said he might.

Don't mind me, I just feel this may be relevant.
This is really passive aggressive, frankly. You're not voting for anyone. If this is suspicious to you, are you willing to lynch him over it?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2016, 05:52:54 pm »

origamiscienceguy has replaced jwoodward48df.

The day ends in ~1 hour.

H4zardZ1 has been prodded, but he will have to respond by PM if he does not post by the end of the day.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:59:51 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2016, 05:58:33 pm »

Heydude: Resigning yourself to getting lynched isn't a scumtell, exactly, but it's always possible to successfully defend yourself and not get lynched (especially when there are only two votes on you) or at least pursue a case on one of your suspects so that once you flip and people know your alignment they can follow up on your points. Essentially, even if you do get lynched you can still win as long as the town does, so the more information you can give them, the better. Even if you are certain that you're about to die, posting a reads list and thoughts about each person is helpful.

Dues Asnoth:
I know all of that, that's why I only decided to do this now rather than when fillipk first posted his megapost. What prompted me to do it in the end was because I just discovered the final piece in the puzzle that proves fillpik's innocence (to me at least). And my whole experience as a town was devoted mainly to trying to expose fillipk for the scum I know he is (even though he wasn't). Throughout this experience, I made many mistakes such as misinterpreting replies, ignoring evidence, and letting my emotions get to me. I feel like we barely accomplished anything at all on this first day and I feel the blame is mostly on me (as well as the lurkers and the people who barely posted).

What really bothers me though, is the fact that Tawa said that he was gonna post something soon and yet he hasn't.

I'll probably be more active now that things are picking up, though.
Of course, not authoritatively. He just said he might.

Don't mind me, I just feel this may be relevant.
This is really passive aggressive, frankly. You're not voting for anyone. If this is suspicious to you, are you willing to lynch him over it?

I just don't know what to do. First, I thought I was gonna die, and that would be fine since most of my contributions were mostly meaningless (if you're gonna lynch any town, why not lynch the one with horrible scum hunting skills). Suddenly, it seems like I might not.

Right now, I'm only at the "seeing Tawa doing suspicious behavior (like we all occasionally accidentally do) phase". If you guys want to keep me alive, I could vote for Tawa but I don't have the same certainty I had with fillipk.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2016, 06:02:23 pm »

Moonlit

Deus Asmoth, I already stated that if I can't post by the time the day ends, then count me as unvoted. Look up.

Please tell me what dodging is.

A single vote on hector isn't gonna do much if you're thinking that a vote on Tawa won't do much either. But thank you (next part, abouting tying up the votes because mafia wants that), I did not think of that.

And Tawa because he already had a vote, so I could examine him and hector simultaneously.
Hector I'm saying that the worst possible outcome is that heydude is town. If he's scum, then all's good. If he's town, then at least we have that. I think he's slightly scummy, but not enough. I don't think I implied that I thought he was town, so...

PSA If you think heydude is town, your only chance to stop him from being lynched is to vote Tawa. Please note that this will place suspicion on you because you will be helping heydude, but if you think Tawa is scummier than heydude... Just know that you'll be suspected.

Well, Moonlit seems to want to get himself lynched, and I don't even have to bold the bit I want to draw attention to because it's already been done. Thanks!

Why don't you want people to vote for Tawa now? Telling people that by voting Tawa they'll be suspected scum is not going to encourage them to vote for Tawa if they think heydude isn't scum so it's... bizarre. I can't explain it, so perhaps you could do that for me?

It's also something of a false dilemma. Tawa is not the only person we can vote for to change the lynch from heydude.

Further, you said that a D1 no-lynch is a bad idea, but wouldn't mind lynching town so... contradiction.

I think no D1 lynch is bad. Even if he is town, at least we'll have more information the next day.

I didn't say you thought heydude was town, I said you thought he was scum. You said "even if he was town" which tells me you don't think he's town, and you don't mind him getting lynched, so you must think he's scum, or at the very least scummier than everyone else. Why is that?

heydude you've been active, Tawa hasn't. Tawa can't catch scum if they don't post, while you can, even if you're still learning how to do it. It's a difficult game to get your head round, but you'll get there in the end.

You've been one of the more active people day 1, and day 1 in any game tends to be quite light on content, so don't worry about that. You're doing the right thing by posting, even if some of your logic isn't super-good. How do you expect to learn if you don't practise? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2016, 06:03:33 pm »

Deus Asmoth, I already stated that if I can't post by the time the day ends, then count me as unvoted. Look up.
I know you said that. I want to know why you think that's a reasonable course of action if you're also telling anyone who agrees with you about Tawa being voteworthy that you'll be suspicious of them for agreeing with you.

Please tell me what dodging is.
You know dodging a question? That's what dodging is. This, specifically.
hector is basically ignoring my question at why he voted for Tawa

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:34 pm »

Just got back from school. How long until day's over?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »

50 minutes.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

You accused hector of dodging the question I quoted in my last post about why he voted for Tawa. To paraphrase Wilde, why is it suspicious to you that he didn't answer a question that not only was not addressed to him, but was addressed specifically to someone else?

Would I be suspicious of someone who resolved a tie that I had created by voting for the person in that tie that I was voting for? Clearly I'd be suspicious enough of that person to create that tie in the first place, regardless of whether I was hanging around to resolve it if need be. If the lynchee then flipped town, sure, I'd be as suspicious of the tie breaker as I was of everyone else on that wagon. But I'd also expect people to be more suspicious of me than anyone else on the wagon because of it being me that created the tie and forced hypothetical tie-breaker to choose who they thought was the scummier of the two in the first place. And I wouldn't be actively discouraging people from joining the wagon in the first place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2016, 06:31:50 pm »

But you just finished saying that people will look suspicious by voting for the person (Tawa) you voted for to make a tie.

Moonlit

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »

TMS
I hope Deus didn't scare you off, if you're actually there.
I'm curious as to what this is actually supposed to mean, considering you're the one that was threatening any potential wagon joiners?

PPE: Unvote, I guess. I'm not leaving it at a tie this late, even if you are scum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2016, 06:37:00 pm »

I have not read the beginning of the day, so I don't feel comfortable with placing a vote, but I will comment that MoonlitShadow has me concerned with some tunneling. I haven't seen anything else, so I don't think I could make an educated vote.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2016, 06:37:58 pm »

Moonlit with the tunneling?

I guess that makes sense if you haven't read the first part of the day... where did Moonlit tunnel though?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »

I'm not defending you. Heydude and fillipk have done far more tunneling than you have, and I hadn't considered you doing it. I'm wondering how OSG came to the conclusion you're tunneling.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27