Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40589 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »

I'm not. I was letting you know where I thought he was coming from.

You are being very defensive though, if you want me to assign a scumtell to you.

I'll In as replacement

however, do note that I may not be as active as other times due to my broken arm  :'(

You will be forced to post at least 4 contentful posts/day if you are installed in any of the spots.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:47 pm »

I'm not. I was letting you know where I thought he was coming from.

You are being very defensive though, if you want me to assign a scumtell to you.

I'll In as replacement

however, do note that I may not be as active as other times due to my broken arm  :'(

You will be forced to post at least 4 contentful posts/day if you are installed in any of the spots.
shouldn't be an issue.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »

I see. I put an 'it' in where there wasn't one. My bad.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2016, 06:34:29 pm »

Jwoodward's response:

Whoa, sorry, got the prod. What's going on?

(BTW, not a lurker. Someone with a RL is more like it.)

and that has been it.

Moonlit: If you can direct me to when you asked me why I was voting for Tawa, I'll answer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2016, 06:36:10 pm »

TDS! I do believe the day is s'posed to end on Thursday, rather than Wednesday.

Corrections have been made; thanks for noticing this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:38:16 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »

No edits in mafia? :P :))

I guess I should've said the day is extended 48hrs rather than 24 (at least that's what it looked like you did) instead... sorry.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2016, 06:40:59 pm »

OSG you may be needed. Everyone did TDS prod the lurker guy whose name starts wit a j? jwood something? What came of it?

He was prodded and his last post was 48 hours ago. Incidentally, it's time to prod him again. In addition, O. Wilde will be prodded.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

It's a bit naff when all but one of the newer players in a BM game need to be prodded incessantly.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

Tawarochir thinks forcing an extension might be a scumtell, but I think I've spent enough energy on this.
Not what I said. I said that they might try to prolong RVS, not prolong Day 1. Day 1 =/= RVS. It is possible (if tricky) to get good leads on D1. RVS is what happens before there's any leads. Ergo, scum could try to convince people to abandon good leads and look into false ones.

Ack, sorry for my inactivity. I keep forgetting to check this. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2016, 07:03:41 pm »

Sorry for not posting recently, I've been reading along and the last few absolutely massive walls of text kinda threw me. I'm rereading now.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2016, 07:12:58 pm »

You don't need to post a thesis or anything. Even just your thoughts on stuff helps give people a better idea of where you're at.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2016, 07:48:42 pm »

Seriously fillipk, your arguments against me are becoming as weak as my arguments against you.
If we're honestly to the point you're admitting that your arguments are weak enough so as to have no merit, why are you still pursuing them? If you honestly can't come up with a strong case even after nearly 10 pages of discussion, why not move on?

Spoiler: Heydude6 Quotes (click to show/hide)
Aren't OMGUS situations basically bound to happen? I think you (heydude6) might be holding the 'possible scumtell' list a bit too high and mighty. I mean, if we're gonna be horribly technical about it, ever since fillipk voted you, your entire case against him has been a prolonged OMGUS. The vote isn't part of that, but the point of the case is applying pressure, which falls under the definition you used. Just because something can be a scumtell in certain situations doesn't mean it always is. In this case, I think it's a case of new town trying to save their ass.

Anyway, If I was mafia and I was defending Roo because he's my scum buddy, then shouldn't you act on that? Surely if I was mafia, I would know that Roo/hector was an innocent town and defend my actual scum buddy rather than risk my life for the enemy. If what you're saying is true then Hector must also be scum.
Why bring up Hector at all in this? Are you trying to get close to him in case you're lynched and turn out to be scum? Give us another target? Plus, if you were mafia, you would be able to reason that defending your actual buddy may be a poor move in case they're lynched and suspicion is cast on you. In addition, if the person you defend is lynched and happens to be town, that casts you in a more townly light. It's circular logic that entirely depends on your own mafia play style which we obviously don't know.

Hector, please don't play dumb on me. If I asked Tawa about your vote, do you honestly think you shouldn't explain yourself? I mean, you quoted me yourself.
So, you're voting Hector for not responding to a question you never actually asked him? This isn't some passive aggressive facebook post like 'Someone is so fucking dead omg  >:( >:( >:( ps. u kno who u r' It's mafia. If you want an question answered then ask it directly. Don't vaguely allude to it and then get mad when people don't take you seriously. I agree with hector on this (I mean, if he said anything else half the damn thread would probably scream OMGUS but...) What's with the active lurking, and do YOU honestly think that's a good way to get someone to explain themselves?

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »

Moonlit: Aye, question wasn't directed at me. How am I avoiding answering a question you never actually asked me?

It's funny how you've brought up that I didn't explain my vote before (here and what you just quoted) yet don't actually demand I explain myself until I point out you're active lurking. Touched a nerve, perhaps?

PPE: Ninja'd :(

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »

Moonlit: Aye, question wasn't directed at me. How am I avoiding answering a question you never actually asked me?

It's funny how you've brought up that I didn't explain my vote before (here and what you just quoted) yet don't actually demand I explain myself until I point out you're active lurking. Touched a nerve, perhaps?

PPE: Ninja'd :(
Having just also defended your honor I do feel the slightest of compulsion to ask that you actually answer the question Moonlit implied. Why are you still voting for Tawa?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2016, 08:07:34 pm »

RVS, with a little bit of roo channeled into it.

I would have thought that it coming in my first post would've made that obvious, arguably aided by me lamenting roo wasn't playing in the first sentence, but apparently not.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27