Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40596 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2016, 07:50:04 pm »

So we've not to scum read you when you do it, but you're fine scum reading others for doing it? Sounds like double standards.
Well in case you can't tell, I'm learning.

Part of the reason why it went so far as it did with fillipk is because he didn't explain himself properly. My previous post was me explaining myself properly.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2016, 09:05:22 pm »

Well... good job fillipk. That post of yours addresses all of my doubts very well. I guess it is my fault for reading that sentence with extra punctuation.

My only question though is this, why did you wait so long to create this megapost to defend yourself? When I asked you some questions before, you addressed them is several pretty bad ways (such as the OMGUS for example). Anyway, we have now reset to mostly square one (other than the chance that I might be lynched) so I'll have to vote to extend

Tawarochir thinks forcing an extension might be a scumtell, but I think I've spent enough energy on this.

Unvote

To address a few minor points:

The reason I backed off when hector came was because he forced me to question my decisions in away that your attacks wouldn't (especially that OMGUS)

Another reason why I backed off when Hector came was because of time. I've been attacking you for over a week, you would think that eventually some common sense would come in and I would begin to calm down. Especially when the fantasy of a day 1 scum lynch fades away.
It was never an OMGUS, you admitted it yourself that you twisted the meaning of my sentence and moonlit agreed, I simply pointed it out saying that we should pay more attention to you too, it was never a vote, just a warning.

Megaposts take time and a computer, two things I had neither of over the weekend.  Also I didn't see the need for one as it looked to me as if I was answering your questions just fine only posting from my phone.  Glad things are clear to you now.  However we are not back to square one, you still haven't addressed the main reason I'm calling you scum and it's not something that can be called a noob mistake.  You went out of your way to preemptively defend Roo when townies shouldn't have any reason to defend someone who in your own words, has not been online since the beginning of the game.  This strikes me as hugely suspicious and a big scum tell.

So let me get this straight, you backed off because of common sense, yet you were still confused and therefore should have kept pressure on me.  That's a contradiction in itself.  Not to mention that the second half of your sentence implies you don't think I'm scum, yet you sounded absolutely positive before, and don't tell me you saw the punctuation mistake first your first statement in this post implies you didn't

How did Hector make you question your decisions, as far as I can see you questioned them first and then he asked you to think about your question since apparently I was giving an answer you hadn't planned on.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2016, 09:16:27 pm »

PFP

So fillipk, what do you think heydude going out of their way to defend roo/my spot means in the grand scheme of things?

Why would you not consider doing that a noob mistake?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2016, 09:23:28 pm »

Because of the noob town mentality to jump to accusations and the noob scum mentality that they have to defend their partner.  Even if you look at it from a pro-town perspective it is stupid as no one was attacking him.  The only reason I could see it not being a mistake is if he was buddying, which still makes him scum.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2016, 09:46:33 pm »

The one who calls himself roo has an unfortunate accident, but a tenth wakened crew member is found to replace him.

You are almost ready to finish talking and call it a night but no one seems ready yet. You decide to talk some more.

The day has been extended! It will end at midnight UTC on Thursday the 28th of January.

Votes:

roo hector13 -
fillipk - H4zardZ1,
The Moonlit Shadow -
heydude6 (2) - O. Wilde, fillipk,
O. Wilde -
H4zardZ1 -
jwoodward48df -
Tawarochir (1) - hector13,
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

Day 1 ends at midnight UTC on the 27th of January.

0/3 to extend (1/2 extensions used) -
0/5 to shorten -

Mod: Can I get permission to delete my first mega post as it clutters up the thread and it is exactly the same as the second but with quotes messed up a bit, you can read it over to confirm this?

Sorry, but edits are not allowed, even for this.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:37:49 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:07 pm »

Anyway, due to ninjas I want to clarify that I am currently addressing the fillipk post that came before the one that he posted in reply to hector.

It was never an OMGUS, you admitted it yourself that you twisted the meaning of my sentence and moonlit agreed, I simply pointed it out saying that we should pay more attention to you too, it was never a vote, just a warning.
You think I'm talking about this:

At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him, I say we need to look more carefully at these two as they are twisting my words, or just assuming my vote means more then it actually does.

When I'm talking about this:

Let me get one thing straight, the only reason you are voting for me is because you misinterpreted what I said and thought I actually meant my vote, and you admit this yet you are still voting for me.  Unvote,

Heydude6
you admitted that you see TheMoonlitShadow as suspicious because he bandwagon'd me for the exact same reasons you did, a vote, a vote in the first post of the game, where there is no possible way for me to know anything about anyone at all, what evidence do you have besides a misunderstanding of my posts.

Perhaps this may feel unfair but the definition of OMGUS is simply:

OMGUSing: Short for Oh My God You Suck, by the way. Voting or otherwise applying pressure to whoever's voting you.

Maybe you find this definition too general, but it's the one quoted from the OP. It also didn't help that you were deliberatly avoiding a question and instead chose to attack me.

However we are not back to square one, you still haven't addressed the main reason I'm calling you scum and it's not something that can be called a noob mistake.  You went out of your way to preemptively defend Roo when townies shouldn't have any reason to defend someone who in your own words, has not been online since the beginning of the game.  This strikes me as hugely suspicious and a big scum tell.

I know we aren't back to square one, that's why I put in brackets "other than the chance that I might be lynched"

Honestly, I don't remember when I defended Roo. You and Hector both say I did but I won't believe you until you quote me and bold specific sentences. The closest things I can think of is all those times I attacked you because of something you said about Roo. It had nothing to do with the fact that you attacked Roo, it was just the content of the statement.

Anyway, If I was mafia and I was defending Roo because he's my scum buddy, then shouldn't you act on that? Surely if I was mafia, I would know that Roo/hector was an innocent town and defend my actual scum buddy rather than risk my life for the enemy. If what you're saying is true then Hector must also be scum. Perhaps you should take a break from me and start questioning hector then. It's important to put pressure on as many people as possible and I'm probably gonna get lynched anyway, so you might as well.

There's also the fact that hector himself called me out on defending Roo/him. Doesn't that poke holes in your premise?

In response to the ninjas, What the hell is buddying?

So let me get this straight, you backed off because of common sense, yet you were still confused and therefore should have kept pressure on me.  That's a contradiction in itself.  Not to mention that the second half of your sentence implies you don't think I'm scum, yet you sounded absolutely positive before, and don't tell me you saw the punctuation mistake first your first statement in this post implies you didn't

How did Hector make you question your decisions, as far as I can see you questioned them first and then he asked you to think about your question since apparently I was giving an answer you hadn't planned on.

Well fillipk, this is one of those few moments where I'll admit weakness. After rereading hector's questions and my own answers to them I realize that I messed up on my introspection. Human's tend to be quite lousy at that (you ever tried asking someone who they are or what makes them happy?). If I were to answer your question now rather than earlier, I would give two different reasons. The first one is exhaustion. I'm getting tired of writing these walls of texts and I want this drama to between us to end, so I'll be more receptive to ideas that might end it. Another reason why is because hector is someone who I trust more, mainly because we haven't been spending the last few days trying to get eachother killed. Because of this extra trust I feel more comfortable examining my own faults. There's also the fact that I don't want to admit weakness to a guy who's trying to get me killed.

You know about biases right? They're the main reasons why internet arguments almost never work out. Well hector and my exhaustion work to make me less biased (or at least make me biased in a way that makes me more accepting of the idea that I may be doing something wrong and you aren't scum).

Fillipk, I sorta want to finish this argument between us as soon as possible. We have little time left and there are still so many people we haven't questioned yet. I'll go for Tawa and maybe you can go for hector.

So Tawarochir, you've been a semi-experienced player who's been semi-lurking in this thread throughout the whole game. You say you'll comment soon since things are beginning to ramp up now, but in my opinion, things have been ramping up for a while. We only have one day left so tell me, what in your experienced opinion do you think about this situation between me, fillipk, and hector. Do you think one of us 3 is the mafia? None of us? Two of us?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2016, 10:49:20 pm »

Pfp

Your right, according to that definition I OMGUS'd you, but I do find that definition too general, if you provide sufficient evidence of scumminess it's not an OMGUS in my book and as I stated in the mega post i truely saw you as scum at that momment but as I stated in the mega post, no computer or time to go into more detail then what was there.

I did quote and bold it at the bottom of the mega post go check.  And budddying is acting friendly to someone who isn't your scum buddy to make them look like your scum buddy.

No this argument isn't going to end until someone acts more scummy then you or you provide satisfactory excuses to my claims, just because you are exhausted doesn't excuse you.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2016, 09:54:12 am »

Buddying is acting friendly or helpful towards a player in order to either make that player more likely to believe you're town or to implicate them by association if you get lynched and you're scum. It's worth noting that I've seen a lot of accusations of buddying, and rarely any evidence in hindsight that it was being attempted.

brb
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »

Moonlit

I find it interesting how the only mention of me has been my bandwagoning on filipk, however no one really suspects me.  Honestly, the only thing going on besides filipk/heydude is hectors random unexplained vote on Tawa.

I like that little bit of town-cred, pointing out something suspicious you did, then deflecting on to another player, who just happens to be me.

If you think that's the only other thing that's happened, why aren't you pressing me on it? You've asked Tawa about it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... but Tawa is quite unlikely to know anything about my feelings notice me senpai so... what's with the active lurking, brah?

heydude

Honestly, I don't remember when I defended Roo. You and Hector both say I did but I won't believe you until you quote me and bold specific sentences. The closest things I can think of is all those times I attacked you because of something you said about Roo. It had nothing to do with the fact that you attacked Roo, it was just the content of the statement.

Another phrase that will get thrown about sometimes in mafia games is "chainsaw defense", which is defending another player by attacking whoever is attacking them, which, from a certain point-of-view, is what you were doing.

TDS! I do believe the day is s'posed to end on Thursday, rather than Wednesday.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »

Right. jwoodward, you've clearly been active on the forum for the last few days. What gives?

Hector, how is TMS deflecting a vote on Tawa to you when he hasn't voted for Tawa at all?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2016, 03:02:41 pm »

I didn't say that. Read it again.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2016, 03:30:59 pm »

So I checked out the quote from the bottom of your megapost where I defended Roo.

Spoiler: This one (click to show/hide)
And honestly Fillipk, I'm very disappointed in you for trying to use this as a scum tell. More specifically of you trying to use this as evidence of buddying. I can't even say you quoted me out of context since the context is right there in the quote!

What that post was, was me deciding to kick off the day with a lurkerhunt, and while I was checking out the profiles of our non-posters, I just happened to notice something interesting, so I shared it with the rest of the group, SINCE INFORMATION LIKE THAT IS SOMETHING YOU SHARE!!!

And then I finished the post off with a half-hearted pressure vote on the person who just happened to randomly select Roo of all people.

Seriously fillipk, your arguments against me are becoming as weak as my arguments against you. Shame on you too hector13 for actually going along with this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »

Going along with what?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2016, 03:35:19 pm »

heydude

Another phrase that will get thrown about sometimes in mafia games is "chainsaw defense", which is defending another player by attacking whoever is attacking them, which, from a certain point-of-view, is what you were doing.
For going along with the fillipk's idea that I was defending Roo. Defending you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2016, 03:37:21 pm »

I'll In as replacement

however, do note that I may not be as active as other times due to my broken arm  :'(
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27