Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40480 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:50 pm »

There are a few people who have not posted in the last 24 hours. They will receive prods.

Votecount coming eventually.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 11:03:41 pm »

Roo has too modes, the weird I do what I want and irritate everyone mode, and the play normally mode, I want to know which one is playing with us before I make an alignment judgement on anyone else.  And you are over analyzing it its just an RVS but it could turn real, depends on how Roo responds.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 12:05:56 am »

O.Wilde: If there is any better question, ask him too. Is there any more questions that you could ask to woodward(and everyone)?
Everyone: Is it a bad idea i was saying 'is it a bad idea' on the 3 last questions(or 4 or 5, depending on your mind)?
Hmmm, that's a good idea. Maybe when he wakes up I'll think of something.

Not really, it's RVS questions, so who cares?
O. Wilde Wasnt sure if those were real questions or examples of RVS. I don't think filipk will survive the game, but there really isn't anyone who I can say will survive. Or will die.
That's a pretty flip-floppy answer man, IDK. And they were both.

At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him
When you voted for him...[snip]
I'm voting you, but I don't particularly want you dead yet. We just started playing, it's pressure, we aren't even in the realm of about to lynch yet.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 12:53:57 am »

Eh, it's fine then I guess. It's just that I really don't know the dynamics of RVS that well (if only there was some sort of experienced veteran to help! Oh, woe is me) so I've just been treating players like I would post RVS? This is my first game and I only somewhat know what I'm doing.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 01:25:55 am »

So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it to seriously.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 02:00:58 am »

So the main thing is RVS votes don't matter until the person seriously makes a case that the guy is scum, until then try not to bandwagon or take it to seriously.
Which means... roo should be ignored d1. If you want to kill lynch him, do it at d2.
Also, do you get any idea what is this question directed at you?
fillipk: How do you mind?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2016, 02:06:27 am »

Which means... roo should be ignored d1. If you want to kill lynch him, do it at d2.
Why?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2016, 03:59:15 pm »

Tawarochoir what is your opinion on Roo? What is your opinion on how others are reacting to him?
I think the others are being a little hard on him. They should at least see how he's behaving this time around before voting him.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2016, 07:08:55 pm »

Hello everyone, after a good nights sleep and a successful school day, I am back and ready to poke holes in people's arguements. Mainly Fillipk.

Now before we begin, let's have a recap

And now the recap is over. I still have some bones to with fillipk so let me continue where we left off.

Previously, you said that:

Roo has too modes, the weird I do what I want and irritate everyone mode, and the play normally mode, I want to know which one is playing with us before I make an alignment judgement on anyone else.  And you are over analyzing it its just an RVS but it could turn real, depends on how Roo responds.

But this contradiction still exists.

What exactly are you trying to know? If Roo is gonna start trolling this game? His alignment? If the former were the case, then I fail to understand how voting to get him lynched helps you accomplish that goal. As a matter of fact, lynching him will prevent you from knowing if he would have trolled this game.

How does voting for Roo help you determine if he engages troll mode or legit mode?

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 07:10:09 pm »

You argue and argue about who the aliens are. Also, one of you - roo - is oddly absent. Will you find the aliens? Is anyone going to die?

Votes:

roo (1) - fillipk
fillipk (2) - H4zardZ1, heydude6
The Moonlit Shadow -
heydude6 (1) - O. Wilde
O. Wilde -
H4zardZ1 -
jwoodward48df -
Tawarochir -
Deus Asmoth -
No lynch -

Not voting - Everyone

Day 1 ends at midnight UTC on the 26th of January, five days from now due to the weekend.

roo has been poked and will be replaced if he does not respond within 24 hours.

0/3 to extend -
0/5 to shorten -
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »

heydude, you mentioned in your first posts to fillipk that his behaviour in voting for roo was more bloodthirsty than it needed to be in comparison to other people. No one else is voting for roo, so what did you mean by that?

O.Wilde: at what point would you say we enter the realm of seriously wanting someone lynched?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »

I am still voting you Fillipk though, your last post felt very bloodthirsty. Other guys have managed to vote against Roo while maintaining composure. Why not you?

((I read the post as if there was an exclamation mark at the end, if you want to follow my train of thought))

Vote was the wrong choice of words. What I meant to say was that when I asked why Fillpik voted for Roo when he was absent the entire game, Tawa and some other players chimed in and explained Roo's reputation in a calm manner

roo has a bit of a... reputation preceding him.
What do you mean?
He has a... different... playstyle that ends up with town lynching him because they get annoyed. Includes: Saying that people are scum without showing proof; saying lolnope when asked to clarify and restating over and over that [insert name] is scum; etc.

And then Fillipk said this:

Because Roo has a reputation which has held true all of the games he's played, I want to know which Roo we have with us right now.
((notice the bolded sentence))

In order to explain why I felt his post was bloodthirsty, first of all I interpreted the bolded sentence as meaning that he wanted to know Roo's alignment (by lynching him for example). The "right now" part also contributed to the overall bloodthirsty feel, giving the impression of impatience. And finally, the tone I read it in was the tone that would require the sentence to end in an explanation mark. Perhaps it was a mistake to read it that way but it's very difficult to figure out what the tone of a sentence is just through words.

Anyway, it was just a feeling that I acted on and then I got rewarded with some contradictions.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 08:56:33 pm »

There are 5 days and no hammers, 1 vote does not make me want to kill Roo, its an RVS thats a little bit less random.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »

O.Wilde: at what point would you say we enter the realm of seriously wanting someone lynched?
Once someone that is currently voting actually says they want someone lynched. Honestly, I don't think anyone who is voting at the moment actually wants the person they're voting for dead right now. (Unless someone voting right now is scum, in which case of course they do.)

I guess if you want a more technical answer it would be once someone either reaffirms their vote is for real, or switches their vote.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

Eh, the only reason why I haven't unvoted yet is because with very the little evidence we do have, fillipk is the most likely person to be scum. It's perfectly possible that this is all just a misunderstanding but until a more likely candidate arrives, my vote is the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27