Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: Game Over, Town Win  (Read 40525 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 10:14:46 pm »

I don't know, I have a habbit of being killed after about the third day so we will see. 

Ninjas do what Ninjas want, don't question them.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 08:22:51 am »

Okay, i can still large-posting at this time.
RVS means random voting stage. It's generally done to jumpstart the game and kinda get a sense for how everyone reacts and plays and just the game in general

Sometimes, it's kinda like this:

heydude6: How does it feel being voted?
roo: Are you going to answer questions?
fillipk: Do you think you'll survive the game?
The Moonlit Shadow: Do you think fillipk will survive the game?
jwoodward48df: Do you think these questions are useless?
H4zardZ1: Should I have asked Woodward a better question?
-----
NINJA QUESTION
fillipk: Why would you so rudely ninja me?
O.Wilde: If there is any better question, ask him too. Is there any more questions that you could ask to woodward(and everyone)?
fillipk: How do you mind?
rOO:Do you answer questions? How do you mind?
I just wanted to know how they were gonna claim it.
heydude6: Is it a bad idea saying your intentions?
Deus Asmoth: Is it a bad idea asking for claims early and if so, how(and why)?
Tawarochir: Is it a bad idea posting a vote and unvote for the vote in the post and if so, how(and why)?
Everyone: Is it a bad idea i was saying 'is it a bad idea' on the 3 last questions(or 4 or 5, depending on your mind)?
Do you know what i am talking about the 'how do you mind' question at fillipk and roo? (hint: It's not the exact same question. It's 'about' a different thing.)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia LVIII: We have liftoff!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 03:47:08 pm »

Tawarochir: Is it a bad idea posting a vote and unvote for the vote in the post and if so, how(and why)?
The only reason it could be bad is possibly confusing the mod, methinks.

I was just joking around a little anyway. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

heydude:
What are your alignments?

How about we start with Deus Asmoth. Are you scum or town?
Yes.

In all seriousness, trying to figure out someone's alignment based off their wording in an answer to a single question is not the best idea.

Hazard: Asking for claims early can be seen as a scumtell as the scumteam have a far greater interest in knowing who has town power roles than town players do. While certain town roles (vigilante, jailkeeper, etc.) would also have a vested interest in figuring out who the other town power roles are, directly asking about it is still not the best idea as it makes the scum team wonder why they're trying to get that information.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »

heydude6: Is it a bad idea saying your intentions?
Not at the moment. It's quite clear none of you guys are going to be answering the question I asked earlier so I might as well explain the whole point of why I did it in the first place.

Also, ninjaed

heydude:
What are your alignments?

How about we start with Deus Asmoth. Are you scum or town?
Yes.

In all seriousness, trying to figure out someone's alignment based off their wording in an answer to a single question is not the best idea.

Hazard: Asking for claims early can be seen as a scumtell as the scumteam have a far greater interest in knowing who has town power roles than town players do. While certain town roles (vigilante, jailkeeper, etc.) would also have a vested interest in figuring out who the other town power roles are, directly asking about it is still not the best idea as it makes the scum team wonder why they're trying to get that information.

I was merely asking for alignments, not roles. I'm not so stupid as to get a cop to confess on day 1!

((sorry for taking a while to post. I was trying to figure out how to use lurker tracker when Dues Asnoth posted. I then decided to give up on trying to figure it out and finally post.))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »

and then I realize that I forgot to fix the top part of the post before Deus Asnoth finally answered.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 05:36:19 pm »

When a player has bolded another players' name before a section of a post, it generally means that they're addressing that player with that section of their post.

When using lurkertracker, you have to check the 'clear db first' box to get it to function properly.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25:04 pm »

I was trying to find where fillipk actually asked the question that I missed, and figured that putting up what I had while looking would be better considering that I've been in constant danger of interruption lately. For the question, I don't think that I've played more than a couple of games with anyone here except roo, so my pick wouldn't be any more informed than anyone else's. On the other hand, I probably would pick roo just because I think it'd be an interesting pair up. Like Luthor and the Joker.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 06:37:43 pm »

Why not pick on jwoodward48df?

Although I haven't figured out how to use lurkertraker yet, I checked his account at it's quite clear that he is lurking though. A bit suspicious, especially since he hasn't posted within the 2 days the game has been up.

Roo isn't a lurker, he has been offline before the game even began. Wait a minute...

Fillipk why did you target a player who has been offline for the duration of the entire game?!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56:51 pm »

Fillipk why did you target a player who has been offline for the duration of the entire game?!
roo has a bit of a... reputation preceding him.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 07:11:32 pm »

roo has a bit of a... reputation preceding him.

What do you mean?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »

Because Roo has a reputation which has held true all of the games he's played, I want to know which Roo we have with us right now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 08:12:42 pm »

So you guys want to kill him... because he's annoying?

I can understand that. It must suck playing a game like mafia where the guy who is supposed to be your ally is causing chaos and inadvertently helping the enemy. Eventually, in fear of the RNG having made him the scum you have to waste a lynch to make sure he isn't, no competent mafia would night kill such a guy.

In the end, guys like him are a burden, cheapening the experience for all of us who are involved.

I won't vote to lynch him though. He hasn't become annoying yet and I want to see if we can find some other scum on our first night.

I am still voting you Fillipk though, your last post felt very bloodthirsty. Other guys have managed to vote against Roo while maintaining composure. Why not you?

((I read the post as if there was an exclamation mark at the end, if you want to follow my train of thought))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 09:18:13 pm »

So you guys want to kill him... because he's annoying?

I can understand that. It must suck playing a game like mafia where the guy who is supposed to be your ally is causing chaos and inadvertently helping the enemy. Eventually, in fear of the RNG having made him the scum you have to waste a lynch to make sure he isn't, no competent mafia would night kill such a guy.

In the end, guys like him are a burden, cheapening the experience for all of us who are involved.

I won't vote to lynch him though. He hasn't become annoying yet and I want to see if we can find some other scum on our first night.

I am still voting you Fillipk though, your last post felt very bloodthirsty. Other guys have managed to vote against Roo while maintaining composure. Why not you?

((I read the post as if there was an exclamation mark at the end, if you want to follow my train of thought))
I agree with heydude. filipk, it's really something to want to kill someone before they've done anything, including lurking. In a game where each and every post is carefully examined (well, that's when it's pro's playing, when it's us... not so much. But you've been in enough games filipk) you are outright stating that we should kill Roo.
At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him, I say we need to look more carefully at these two as they are twisting my words, or just assuming my vote means more then it actually does.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »

At what point did I ever express a desire to kill him
When you voted for him as well as when you said this:

Because Roo has a reputation which has held true all of the games he's played, I want to know which Roo we have with us right now.
This sentence in bold is confusing. What exactly are you trying to know? If Roo is gonna start trolling this game? His alignment? If the former were the case, then I fail to understand how voting to get him lynched helps you accomplish that goal. As a matter of fact, lynching him will prevent you from knowing if he would have trolled this game.

Now trying to figure out his alignment makes more sense. He either flips town or scum and we get this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

over with as soon as possible. Thereby, giving a valid reason for wanting to kill him, and supporting the idea that this sentence was an expression of a desire to lynch him.

I say we need to look more carefully at these two as they are twisting my words,
Is that an OMGUS?

Although to be fair, I do find the way The Moonlight Shadow supported my attack of you to be a bit suspicious. Felt a bit like bandwagoning since I already had a reason why you wanted to kill Roo so early. I was going to let you off the hook after you answered my last question, but your last answer is beginning to make me doubt you. Of course, I doubt that you and moonlight are both mafia but it is possible you coordinated this (or newbie incompetence).

or just assuming my vote means more then it actually does.
This is also a possibility. I tend to over analyze.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27