Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006868 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10425 on: November 26, 2019, 09:03:41 am »

Isn't that the fellow who got into a spot of trouble recently by propositioning a 16-year-old boy for "I want to fuck you sex sex sex"?

Look, sure he sounds like a creep when you take that sentence out of context. But also if you take it with context.
Real world tales are bound by no obligation to be believable

*EDIT
Germany has just befallen the greatest art heist in a century, as thieves loot numerous irreplaceable items of HRE heritage. With a material value of a billion euros - it is likely the priceless items will be broken down, melted and resold, never to be seen again

*EDITx2
British "socialite" Lady Colin Campbell defends Prince Andrew & Epstein, saying soliciting sex from minors is prostitution, not paedophilia. As punishment, christmas lights onning privileges are revoked. This some semantic voodoo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:21:24 pm by Loud Whispers »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: November 27, 2019, 04:40:03 am »

As far as I know people are usually considered to be in charge of their own consent earlier than the age of majority in most places. Soliciting sex from minors are usually seen as a particularly heinous crime even if the minor is past the age of consent.

So yeah. Even if it's not technically paedophilia because the girl in primce Andrew's case wasn't a 14-year-old (and I have no idea what age the girl in question was, I'm just assuming here) you're still coming off as trying to cover up the fact that he solicited sex from a minor behind a curtain of "but it's not the exact worst case scenario Epstein was accused of you guys" seems like a perty weak defense.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: November 27, 2019, 06:31:40 am »

Perhaps the wrong place to put this, but it's tangentially relevant. There's a socially-accepted relationship rule of half your age plus seven. He was 50 at the time, so he can get a 32 yo according to this rule.

Using this incredibly rough tool, we see what was already obvious. That fella was outta line. Ofc the rule ssems flawed too.

I'm 23, and that means I can date an 18.5 yo. I wonder whether that would be socially accepted though?

A bit of a garbled argument here, but I'm on phone so not gonna fix it XD
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:33:20 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: November 27, 2019, 08:00:19 am »

I'm 23, and that means I can date an 18.5 yo. I wonder whether that would be socially accepted though?

Literally nobody over that age gives the first shit if a 23 year old and an 18 year old are going out. The age different might seem big when you are that age but not many older people actually discern you as being that much older.

Perhaps the wrong place to put this, but it's tangentially relevant. There's a socially-accepted relationship rule of half your age plus seven. He was 50 at the time, so he can get a 32 yo according to this rule.

I think he was 40 at the time, not 50: it was 2001 and he's 59 now. So ~27 by the rule not 32.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 08:29:09 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10429 on: November 27, 2019, 08:45:18 am »

So yeah. Even if it's not technically paedophilia because the girl in primce Andrew's case wasn't a 14-year-old (and I have no idea what age the girl in question was, I'm just assuming here) you're still coming off as trying to cover up the fact that he solicited sex from a minor behind a curtain of "but it's not the exact worst case scenario Epstein was accused of you guys" seems like a perty weak defense.
Bearing in mind there was not just 1 girl, Epstein was running a whole ring with at least 80 girls, usually age 12-14. Epstein was also in the business of filming his friends having sex with children so as to have blackmail material on them later. To have the blackmail hold legal teeth on Prince Andrew the girls would have to at least be younger than 16. Pity Epstein died when he did, there's so much more we don't know yet.

Neat breakdown of Andrew's trainwreck of an interview where he stumbles over his own lies. He's accused of having sex with eight girls, one of which who has come forward publicly to say she was trafficked into sex. We also know Andrew visited Epstein by his own admission at least 3 times a year, and continued to stay at his mansion for week long stays after he knew Epstein was convicted of a lesser charge (prostitution) to his known crimes (sex with minors, human trafficking), supposedly to tell Epstein face to face that they could not associate with one another any longer.

Now you obviously don't want to shout fire just because there's smoke, but that's a shit ton of smoke with some embers and heat coming out the oven. We can pray that this'll bleed over onto Trump and Clinton

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: November 27, 2019, 10:08:37 am »

Literally nobody over that age gives the first shit if a 23 year old and an 18 year old are going out. The age different might seem big when you are that age but not many older people actually discern you as being that much older.

I think he was 40 at the time, not 50: it was 2001 and he's 59 now. So ~27 by the rule not 32.
Whoops, I read it as 2010.

Also, interesting about the age convention thing. There actually is an 18 year old trying to get my attention, but I assumed that was a weird difference in ages. Like, I just finished Uni and she's about to start, for instance.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:49:46 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: November 27, 2019, 01:23:03 pm »

Whoops, I read it as 2010.

Also, interesting about the age convention thing. There actually is an 18 year old trying to get my attention, but I assumed that was a weird difference in ages. Like, I just finished Uni and she's about to start, for instance.
It really boils down to power dynamics - you don't want to be in a relationship where one partner has far more power than the other. I doubt that would be the case in this instance, but that's my thought.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: November 27, 2019, 01:41:55 pm »

So everybody excited to get confirmation that B O I R I S is going to sell the NHS to American healthcare cartels during Brexit? I mean, anybody with three or more neurons could have just assumed that was true from the start, but its nice to have it on paper.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: November 27, 2019, 02:31:34 pm »

So everybody excited to get confirmation that B O I R I S is going to sell the NHS to American healthcare cartels during Brexit? I mean, anybody with three or more neurons could have just assumed that was true from the start, but its nice to have it on paper.
Well, I mean, it's nice that Trump gets a consolation gift after Denmark was mean and didn't let him buy Greenland.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10434 on: November 27, 2019, 05:13:37 pm »

No; to say it is Boris would be overly optimistic. I'm afraid it's the conservative party, & indeed the American healthcare system itself, which is seeking the privatisation of the NHS. Boris will be here today and gone tomorrow and we still will face this threat

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: November 27, 2019, 05:15:42 pm »

Boris is just a man. B O R I S however is a blood printed god, the flesh and bone of the isles. He has always been here, beneath the mists that the Druids dare not walk. He will always be here, his corruption echoing through the minds of his children for eternity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: November 27, 2019, 05:19:58 pm »

Is there an article on this?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: November 27, 2019, 06:06:39 pm »

For what it's worth, given the structure of the NHS I dont think you're facing an overt privatization. More likely they'll try something like the Alzira model, aka "externalizing hospital management". Which is... bullshit tbh, but is certainly reversible. In fact the original Alzira hospital was reverted back a while ago

Edit: a quick search shows that there are several webpages of people lobbying to apply the alzira model to the nhs. Surprise surprise

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10438 on: November 27, 2019, 06:07:21 pm »

Boris is just a man. B O R I S however is a blood printed god, the flesh and bone of the isles. He has always been here, beneath the mists that the Druids dare not walk. He will always be here, his corruption echoing through the minds of his children for eternity.
M A G N A   B O R I S   B A N T R

Is there an article on this?
Labour has obtained official documents showing that the US is demanding that the NHS will be “on the table” in talks on a post-Brexit trade deal, Jeremy Corbyn has said.
It's from Corbyn who has an axe to grind with the tories, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's not exactly a controversial idea that the conservatives are getting lobbied to privatise the NHS. Going back to David Cameron times, advisors to senior tories tended to walk in and out of a revolving door of health companies, government advisory roles & health lobbying firms

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: November 27, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »

Surely Le Boris De Johnson knows that it would be political suicide?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 793