Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006854 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9765 on: March 20, 2019, 02:22:04 pm »

Also apparently France is saying they're going to veto a short-term extension request unless there's serious guarantee a deal will be accepted in short order? Something like that.  if you're under the impression may can do jack all to guarantee that, you'd be right :V

Plus Belgium, Spain and maybe Italy. It's basically them saying that theres no point in negotiating further if it keeps getting rejected after this long, plus implying that Macron thinks that the whole Brexit debacle is getting in the way of his plans (to be fair, it's likely getting in the way of EVERYBODYS plans).

Looks like May is just going to attempt to do the same thing and didn't take alternatives seriously. Also, the schism in the Labor party made Corbyn walk out.

Also, a bunch of smaller parties put out a joint statement saying that they should do a continuous session until they figure something out and have revocation of article 50 as a last resort.[/url].
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:59:08 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: March 20, 2019, 03:44:02 pm »

Also apparently France is saying they're going to veto a short-term extension request unless there's serious guarantee a deal will be accepted in short order? Something like that.  if you're under the impression may can do jack all to guarantee that, you'd be right :V

Plus Belgium, Spain and maybe Italy.
I see a very clear French block there
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: March 20, 2019, 04:12:43 pm »

Plus Belgium, Spain and maybe Italy.
I see a very clear French block there

I can't decide whether you're making a pun on the word bloc or not, or maybe a historical reference.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: March 20, 2019, 04:23:51 pm »

Neither. IIRC: In EU politics France, Italy and Spain often work as an "alliance" of sorts. Kind of like the Franco-German axis, but mostly when French and German goverments have different opinions.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: March 20, 2019, 04:30:57 pm »

I see then. Also, Theresa May made a major math error in her speech. She says that the Brexit referendum started three years ago, yet she says 'two years on'. What happened to the missing time period between 'nearly three years' and 'two years', hm? Clearly, she doesn't want to admit to wasting time with the failed snap election attempt.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: March 20, 2019, 04:57:24 pm »

I think 'Two years on' is a reference to the Article 50 timeline. Which specifies that two years after triggering IE: April Fool's day 2019, the country that triggered it drops out of the EU.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: March 20, 2019, 05:19:32 pm »

It's either that, or we've gone so deep into The Brexit Referendimension that time simply has no meaning anymore.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: March 20, 2019, 07:47:49 pm »

She has basically called MPs voting against her time-wasting idiots playing games.

Unsure if her incompetence is real or she has masterfully manipulated proceedings to potentially halt Brexit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: March 20, 2019, 07:50:23 pm »

Maybe she just got real confused by a mirror, like some kind of inebriated cat?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: March 20, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »

Even an incompetent inebriated cat clock is right at least once in a while.

I think 'Two years on' is a reference to the Article 50 timeline. Which specifies that two years after triggering IE: April Fool's day 2019, the country that triggered it drops out of the EU.

Why the roughly one year split between the referendum and actually triggering it ;)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: March 21, 2019, 02:26:59 am »

Maybe she just got real confused by a mirror, like some kind of inebriated cat?
Vampires, Tyler, you're thinking of vampires

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: March 21, 2019, 06:36:54 am »

Even an incompetent inebriated cat clock is right at least once in a while.

Why the roughly one year split between the referendum and actually triggering it ;)

The general election was called after she triggered it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: March 22, 2019, 04:27:23 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: March 22, 2019, 06:27:32 pm »

Mrs. May might not even allow parliament to vote on her deal for a third time unless she’s convinced there’s support for the thing what parliament rejected by a huge margin two times already.

I foresee pissing into the wind for three more weeks.

I think all she’s doing now is seeing how long she can remain prime minister.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: March 22, 2019, 06:30:39 pm »

Brexit is over
There is no spoon

Now I want to see Farage recruit David Blaine to his Death-Eaters, and the fate of Britain will be decided with a wizard's duel in front of 10 Downing.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:35:16 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 793