Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006867 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9570 on: February 07, 2019, 06:40:52 am »

I must say, it is fascinating that at the nadir of her popularity, anti-Brexit Theresa “I have no plan whatsoever except to ask nicely a fourth time and hope they concede everything” May won the vote of no confidence, suggesting that the Tories either support her Brexit stance or think that if they throw her out they will lose enough support that they will be unable to form a new government within the deadline (thereby letting mr pro-Brexit Jezzz in). Party politics run strong I guess, and nobody wants to be the person to replace May into this clustertruck.
Well you have the Remain Tories, who form the majority of Theresa May's "support." Which is to say they agree with her in sentiment, but disagree with her plan - most Remain Tories fall within some spectrum of reluctant leave support, desire to remain within EU institutions, or calls to cancel Brexit altogether. Then there's the Leave backbenchers, of which you could probably more neatly divide them into the Leave liberal Tories and the Leave conservative Tories, and of course there's the DUP. All of the latter disagree with Theresa May in sentiment & plan.

All three supported Theresa May enough that she didn't get the caput caput. Needless to say no one of those parties would agree with one another, let alone Theresa May, but they would prefer to work with her zombie government than Corbyn's curious cabinet, though I am absolutely fascinated as to what Corbyn's government would look like. In all probability the scenario that likely got Theresa May to survive barely, was the notion that Theresa May's successor would fail to form a government, Corbyn would fail to form a government, and then the UK would leave the EU with no government. So we'd get another general election and it'd be anyone's guess what'd happen then

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:28 am »

Ugh, I wish March would come sooner so they have less opportunity to screw the whole thing up with "the only and best possible deal".
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: February 07, 2019, 12:02:29 pm »

In news besides Brexit, France and Italy are having some kind of diplomatic spat. The cause sounds something like the equvalent of Italy acting like Donald Trump without the benefit of being a Great Power. Though one person in the comments said that France is the one who insulted Italy, so, I don't really know the details other than that they're obviously having a spat which has escalated to recalling an ambassador.

Edit: BBC has more information, don't know why Politico doesn't make more effort to put in more info. My first impression of it of Italy basically acting like jerks seems mostly correct.

@ earlier discussion on Theresa May, etc: I wonder if they'd be more inclined to oust her once Brexit crashes through and things go all south and pear shaped.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:18:19 pm by smjjames »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: February 07, 2019, 01:28:34 pm »

That would depend on how directly she can be tied to the hypothetical issues.

Most likely she'll not last anyway. Her government all leans on the imperative of Brexit; once that is gone, she'll find most 'allies' bedfellows by necessity, not love.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9574 on: February 11, 2019, 03:51:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>communists
>fascists
>anarcho-liberals
>jacobins
I finally get why all my vic2 rebels join sides now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:36 am »

Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9576 on: February 11, 2019, 05:25:04 pm »

>not cryptoliberals

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: February 11, 2019, 05:38:13 pm »

Democchain-

Deblockracychain-

Uh, Mockchain-

...fuck it. Bitcunts.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: February 11, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »

Democurrency
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9579 on: February 12, 2019, 01:16:36 pm »

Leaders of Catalonian independence bid put on trial in spicy point of Spanish politics

*EDIT
Also there were two separate acid attacks in the same day in London today. Just fuck my capital up fam
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:19:14 pm by Loud Whispers »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: February 12, 2019, 01:47:54 pm »

"Just give me a little more time" says Theresa May. But she's had two years to 'give me a little more time'. If she really needed more time, she would have asked for a delay on the cutoff date. Then again, from what I've heard, Brussels refuses to give more time unless it's for a REALLY good reason like a second referendum or a snap election.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: February 14, 2019, 06:14:20 pm »

"No no, see, it's not environmentally damaging to approve for two new copper mines to open up and start dumping two million tons of industrial mining waste every year into a fjord with a protected salmon habitat, because global warming is in the environment and we need wind farms to stop global warming and wind farms cost money but mining makes money. It all adds up!"

"Also it's not like it's gonna hurt the ecosystem or anything... The mining company's experts said that it was perfectly safe."

"Yes I know we've said that we're not going to allow any more dumping into fjords, but they filed the application before we said that so now we kinda have to give them the go-ahead, y'know?"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9582 on: February 14, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »

“We are confident that the deposit will not occur with unacceptable effects to either the environment or the seafood industry, the Minister of Industry,” Røe Isaksen asserts.
"unacceptable effects" AN INTERESTING CHOICE OF WORDS DICKHEAD

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: February 15, 2019, 07:13:24 am »

“We are confident that the deposit will not occur with unacceptable effects to either the environment or the seafood industry, the Minister of Industry,” Røe Isaksen asserts.
"unacceptable effects" AN INTERESTING CHOICE OF WORDS DICKHEAD
Yep... And that's even a direct translation. No mysterious word-twisting going on there; just pure, sweet fuckery.

"We have accepted the inevitable results, and therefore they're no longer unacceptable!"

In other news, at least the government is finally taking a stance on the increasing inner-city violence and incidence rate of stabbings around the capital... They are, of course, going to solve this issue by mandating a curfew for children aged 14 and younger (article is in Norwegian).

The gist of it is; no one younger than 15 is allowed to be outside after 11 PM. If you are a youngster and are outside after 11 PM, your parents will receive criminal fines. If your family is reliant on government payments such as unemployment benefits, disability etc., then those payments will also be cancelled as punishment.

"Criminal youth have little respect for the government, but paradoxically enough they often have respect for their parents."

This, of course, is the only course of action to take in this situation. I'm assured that there will be no unacceptable consequences arising because of this initiative.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: February 15, 2019, 07:21:07 am »

The gist of it is; no one younger than 15 is allowed to be outside after 11 PM. If you are a youngster and are outside after 11 PM, your parents will receive criminal fines. If your family is reliant on government payments such as unemployment benefits, disability etc., then those payments will also be cancelled as punishment.
This is wrong on so many levels.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 793