Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006660 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9300 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:32 pm »

Edit: This seems like a good setting for a D&D campaign.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: If you URL-trace that image and end up exposing yourself to NSFW material, it's your own damn fault.
I see no image.

Also, I was wrong. It's a P&P setting. Parliaments and Politicians.

Ah, of course not... I https'ed myself into isolation. Should probably be working now.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: December 11, 2018, 04:31:04 pm »

Nope.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: December 11, 2018, 04:34:51 pm »

Nope.
Dammit, fine, I'll rehost the damn thing then.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9303 on: December 11, 2018, 05:03:52 pm »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: December 11, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »

Edit: This seems like a good setting for a D&D campaign.

Note: If you URL-trace that image and end up exposing yourself to NSFW material, it's your own damn fault.
I see no image.

Also, I was wrong. It's a P&P setting. Parliaments and Politicians.
beat ya to it bro
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9306 on: December 12, 2018, 05:20:29 am »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: December 12, 2018, 07:12:31 am »

I think you might be moist enough already whispers. :P

I mean, I know you guys are stretched thin over there, and this issue is seemingly 2 dimensional, and taught at all the edges, but really? It's not like we are counting down to the ultimate destruction of the planet here or something... :D

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: December 12, 2018, 07:16:47 am »

Theresa May to face vote of no confidence
In her own party that is, i.e. at least 15 % of conservative MP's have wrote letters of no confidence. She needs a simple majority of the MP's of her own party to continue as the party leader - and PM.

If she loses, the conservatives will select a new leader, which can take up to six weeks. The new leader will then become the new PM (who will then need to have confidence in parliament)

I doubt she'll be ousted, but the British seem to like the Benny Hill politics they've had for the last couple of years so who knows.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: December 12, 2018, 09:08:13 am »

I'm split on the issue.

One one hand, May might be the May fly and die.
On the other, a new leader means more delays, more manoeuvring and less Brexiting. Not that May's currently doing much of the latter, I suppose.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: December 12, 2018, 09:21:50 am »

I heard rumours that Corbo is angling for a vote of no confidence in the government itself after the DUP gave May the finger last vote
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: December 12, 2018, 09:42:38 am »

He doesnt have the votes I think. He'd need the ERG as a whole to support him... and I dont think they will because they'd be committing political hara kiri (even more I mean)

Btw food for thought: could it be that this is a self-coup? I mean the ERG tried and failed to get 48 votes in the past. Right now Theresa May is getting  overwhelming (public) support from her MPs. Could it be that she had loyalists push the threshold of no confidence letters over 48 so that she could drag them into a fight they couldn't win, ensure she wont get another no confidence from her party in the next 12 months, and bind her party to herself in support of her agreement?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:49:06 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: December 12, 2018, 10:44:16 am »

Wasn't Labor also angling for a no-confidence vote? It'll not just be coming from inside her own party.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: December 12, 2018, 12:32:39 pm »

Wasn't Labor also angling for a no-confidence vote? It'll not just be coming from inside her own party.
Not tbe same thing. The one going on is an internal party affair. As in, it's not a formal vote of no confidence at goverment level. It's the tory party replacing their lead (which would in turn replace the Pm) Only tories vote.

Likewise, in a Labor triggered no confidence vote against the goverment, all vote, but its unlikely for the conservatives to vote against themselves
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:34:26 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9314 on: December 12, 2018, 01:11:50 pm »

I think you might be moist enough already whispers. :P
Impossible

I mean, I know you guys are stretched thin over there, and this issue is seemingly 2 dimensional, and taught at all the edges, but really? It's not like we are counting down to the ultimate destruction of the planet here or something... :D
To be fair making it inhospitable to human life isn't the same as its destruction

I heard rumours that Corbo is angling for a vote of no confidence in the government itself after the DUP gave May the finger last vote
Corbyn hasn't ruled out a vote of no confidence, but they haven't confirmed it either. Chances are he was waiting for this exact moment: Let the Conservatives eat their own and keep labour's hands clean of the affair.

He doesnt have the votes I think. He'd need the ERG as a whole to support him... and I dont think they will because they'd be committing political hara kiri (even more I mean)
Btw food for thought: could it be that this is a self-coup? I mean the ERG tried and failed to get 48 votes in the past.
ERG didn't pursue the vote of no confidence in the past, their policy was to keep Theresa May but lobby her to change her policy. It is only after Theresa May's stunning failures during elections, her remarkable insistence on ignoring MPs & refusal to even acknowledge any of the signs that she had lost support (any PM would have resigned at such a gratuitous mass cabinet resignation) that the Tories have settled upon a vote of no confidence. Theresa May's strategy was that instead of compromising or working with the backbenchers, she intended to instead make it so that any removal of her as leader would kill Brexit, ironically forcing the Tories to challenge her. They were unable to get anywhere close to persuading the PM to change her mind.

Right now Theresa May is getting  overwhelming (public) support from her MPs. Could it be that she had loyalists push the threshold of no confidence letters over 48 so that she could drag them into a fight they couldn't win, ensure she wont get another no confidence from her party in the next 12 months, and bind her party to herself in support of her agreement?
All the people offering their public support to Theresa May are not offering it in front of the cameras. They're absent, because they're currently meeting with their leadership candidates. If this was truly Theresa May's plan, then I must commend this bold strategy. Deliberately decapitating yourself to bamboozle your opponents tends to yield only short term advantages - she'll probably be fine if <48 vote against her, but more than that and she won't survive the aftermath of the leadership contest. She'd be entirely at the mercy of Labour who'd know the exact number of MPs willing to vote her out
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 793