Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006688 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7380 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

It's also probably a bit of a defensive huddle as they see their more traditional christian values under siege by forced immigration and continuous pushing of multiculturalism. After all, eastern european countries have plenty of expirience when it comes to being pushed around and stepped on by bigger players, it's only natural of them to act defensively, strenght of the pack and all that jazz.

Right, because everyone know that an independent judiciary is basically sharia law. Look it up sheeple!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: December 20, 2017, 01:17:43 pm »

It's also probably a bit of a defensive huddle as they see their more traditional christian values under siege by forced immigration and continuous pushing of multiculturalism. After all, eastern european countries have plenty of expirience when it comes to being pushed around and stepped on by bigger players, it's only natural of them to act defensively, strenght of the pack and all that jazz.

Right, because everyone know that an independent judiciary is basically sharia law. Look it up sheeple!
Slippery slope. Not on your part, but theirs. If the EU can push for the Polish/Hungarian/Wherever judiciary to be the way they want to be, then they can push for other things. Might even be correct, but who knows.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: December 20, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »

Looks like we've forgotten about the Catalonia snap election, which is tomorrow. Further information on it.

Kind of sounds like the separatists might get a close majority, hard to tell.

Slippery slope. Not on your part, but theirs. If the EU can push for the Polish/Hungarian/Wherever judiciary to be the way they want to be, then they can push for other things. Might even be correct, but who knows.

Poland isn't backing down anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: December 21, 2017, 06:09:41 am »

More like Jopax mixing things up I think. The refugees quota are wildly unpopular in eastern Europe, but it's a separate issue. Even allies of Poland and Hungary on the refugee issues are siding with the Commission on the judiciary thing. It will be interesting to see exactly how the vote falls on the 29th of January.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: December 21, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »

Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: December 21, 2017, 01:35:16 pm »

Lol, nice going Portugal and Spain.

Also, WTH Turkey?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: December 21, 2017, 01:41:04 pm »

Seems like Turkey and Croatia are in desperate need of sex ed.

The Czechs... well, at least they're looking for a job.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:43:17 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:45 pm »

I have a feeling that if Spain and Portugal teamed up, they could really go places. Portugal could kill people, and Spain could eat them, thereby making sure there was no evidence pointing towards the Portugese.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: December 21, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »

Do you have friends, scriver?

I’m sad they didn’t have separate things for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7389 on: December 21, 2017, 01:48:12 pm »

Belarus being useful, Serbia maining Zerg, Romania seems usual, Belgium culturally enriched, Slovenia is my bois

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: December 21, 2017, 01:55:41 pm »

They must only let their women use the internet in Italy.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: December 21, 2017, 01:57:17 pm »

lol @ Greece too late lads.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: December 21, 2017, 02:06:48 pm »

Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: December 21, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »

Russia is like, philosophical in that one. Secret Buddhists?

Catalonia to Spain: Checkmate*, your move Spain as the separatist groups have roughly the same majority as they did before. The dynamics are a bit different though as the largest party is a group that want semi-autonomy in Spain. Still, it's Spain's move now since they're roughly back at square one.

*Yes, I know checkmate is game-over in chess.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: December 22, 2017, 01:20:24 pm »

Uhh.. It's not Spain's move until Catalonia forms a new regional government. And the vote was about 50/50. Again. So not checkmate. The pro-independence parties got slightly more seats, but slightly under 50 % of the vote. With such numbers, if Pudgemount & pals decide to declare independence unilaterally again, it won't be recognized. Except maybe by Trump and/or Putin, because they don't like united Europe.

Half of the Catalan population don't want independence. If independence would be so great for Catalonia, why can't Pudgemount & pals sell the independence idea to them? Are they doing this the British way?

Here are some questions I'd like to know about the Catalan independence movement:
Why should Catalonia become independent? ("Spain sucks" is not a satisfactory answer.)
What would independent Catalonia be like? (Realistically. "Member of the EU" is not realistic, unless Catalans manage to sell their independence idea to Spain first.)
They want independence, but want to be part of the EU as well. How much more independence would this get them really?

Honestly, it seems to me the pro-independence agitators are just that. Petty politicians who have nothing better to do than try to grab more power for themselves. If the only thing the Catalan parliament does is organize an independence referendum once a year, it serves no purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 793