Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006826 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4800 on: February 07, 2017, 12:00:13 pm »

Ugh, you guys need to toughen up your justice system a bit. I'm not for super long sentence in general, but this seems ridiculous.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:08 am »

Trump's ban was totally retarded, even if you oppose immigration, you'd still want businessmen, tourists, scientists, students and the like to be able to come over. Poll about a "Trump style ban" shows a majority of Briton opposing.

Plus, I also don't remember seeing any news article claiming that "everyone up and down the country was foaming at the mouth at Trump's ban and hated the idea of him coming over for a state visit". Plenty of people opposed the idea, plenty of people supported it (as shown by the two petitions things).

So it's only "fake news" by the Trump standard that you disagree with it.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:51 am »

Covenant is right on the money mentioning that the survey was done using the term "Trump style ban". Since it is still widely known as a muslim ban (even though it isn't), it really opens some eyes when so many people are in support of it.

Which is not suprising. When you have a positive view of subject X being thrown at people, saying how subject X is great and good for everyone and etc, and then the effects of subject X on society turn out to be largely the opposite, its pretty natural to have such a backlash.

And so we're faced with one of the oldest social tropes: there's an abyss between the will of the political elite and the will of the people. Anyone not constantly carrying a strong political stance on their brains can see this happening.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4803 on: February 08, 2017, 07:55:42 am »

Trump should learn from Sweden's feminist government
t. Sweden
Tfw you kill your country

And yet to hear the news here, everyone up and down the country was foaming at the mouth at Trump's ban and hated the idea of him coming over for a state visit.

Fake news?
Could just be that people aren't gonna speak out against their bosses opinions

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4805 on: February 08, 2017, 08:38:06 am »

Feminism caused none of the problems of those links.
Feminism =/= Feminist government

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: February 08, 2017, 08:44:05 am »

Trump's ban was totally retarded, even if you oppose immigration, you'd still want businessmen, tourists, scientists, students and the like to be able to come over.

And yet he was elected on a platform of enforcing it, so retarded or not, it seems to be what people want.
It seems the American people wanted a president who shits on everything and wipes his arse on the constitution, and they sure as hell got one. Sixty-two million flies can't be wrong: shit tastes good.

Tell me, Cov: If western traditions are the most valuable thing there is, why is it that people in your camp apparently have zero respect for such traditions as constitutionalism, rule of law, separation of powers, democracy, civil rights, etc. etc.? Some traditions are worth preserving, but others have to be trampled down because... what? What "tradition" could possibly be more important than the fundamental institutions of democratic society? Hmm...  ???

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4807 on: February 08, 2017, 09:40:27 am »

It seems the American people wanted a president who shits on everything and wipes his arse on the constitution, and they sure as hell got one. Sixty-two million flies can't be wrong: shit tastes good.
It is not a clever idea to call your enemies maggots taking wing as flies. Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Tell me, Cov: If western traditions are the most valuable thing there is, why is it that people in your camp apparently have zero respect for such traditions as constitutionalism, rule of law, separation of powers, democracy, civil rights, etc. etc.? Some traditions are worth preserving, but others have to be trampled down because... what? What "tradition" could possibly be more important than the fundamental institutions of democratic society? Hmm...  ???
In the UK, upon the ascent of Theresa May, one peculiar quote will always tickle my funny bone. It said: Theresa May stands for justice, not social justice, and this was supposed to be an indictment of her character.
Both camps see rule of law, separation of powers, democracy and civil rights worthy of upholding, but one camp has dehumanized the other as insectoid and being motivated by evil and stupidity. They represent traditions to be trampled down :/

The question stands in reverse. Why would anyone seek to preserve any traditions when they find the very concept of tradition hostile? We all laugh at Sweden because Sweden is a mirror unto our own worlds. When the Swedish government says Swedes have no culture, that Sweden does not belong to Swedes, that Swedes must integrate into migrants, we see what our countries are walking towards. A joke, the very best and tragic kind.

The former deputy chief of the serious crimes division wrote: “I’m so f***** tired. What I’m writing here isn’t politically correct. But I don’t care.
“Our pensioners are on their knees, the schools are a mess, healthcare is an inferno, the police is completely destroyed. Everyone knows why, but none dares or wants to say why.”
Sweden is us, and as we gaze into Sweden, Sweden gazes back to us

My last point is that all of the traditions you listed are good, but they are all wholly related to the administrative functions of government. Not a single thing you listed involved people's traditions, normal people who merely want to cultivate their own long line of customs, styles and beliefs from their progenitors to their successors. Perhaps just an accidental omission, perhaps not - but our camp of maggots, if they can be generalized, do not believe that the purpose of the nation is to uphold the state, but the purpose of the state is to uphold the nation, and the nation is the people united by their common descent, history and culture. Civic traditions are very valuable in the practical day to day running of things, but the question always at the end of the day is to be or not to be, and bureaucracy provides no such answer. Trample down what makes your nation a nation, you become like Sweden, where rule of law, democracy, civil rights, constitutions etc. fall apart under the ill-repair of a broken people. And Sweden is us

An open minded approach could perhaps better help you understand why these flies are as they are. A simple contest of "no you're hypocrites" does not get us anywhere, especially when our values are so different. This is only to your benefit; just look at the vast resources that were available to Remain and Clinton, and how both were defeated because their camps had no interest in learning how their opponents thought, except to denigrate them as cartoonish villains and low-information fools. We all know the Sun Tzu quote

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: February 08, 2017, 09:44:17 am »

Plus, I also don't remember seeing any news article claiming that "everyone up and down the country was foaming at the mouth at Trump's ban and hated the idea of him coming over for a state visit". Plenty of people opposed the idea, plenty of people supported it (as shown by the two petitions things).

Do you watch UK television and news programmes daily? Because I do, and that was very much the narrative the media has been pushing. 'It's ridiculous, it's so racist against Muslims' was oft-repeated. Yet according to this data, people do in fact want to specifically target Muslim immigration.

No, I don't. And saying it's ridiculous is not the same as saying everyone think it's ridiculous. Which, well, I searched for article addressing that point and the best of those I could find was the sky poll thing.

Saying, "I don't want people from Muslim-majority countries immigrating" is less extreme than saying "I want to ban all people from those seven majority muslim country to even step in my country, even if they are just visiting". The Trump ban was ill though out, badly planned, doesn't really make sense (why target those countries specifically?) and generally made the Trump team look like dumbass. I think some GOP grandees are even on record as saying that Trump sucked for managing to make a popular policy (no more refugees) into an unpopular one due to terrible implementation.

BTW, I love how you think that Trump is popular and was elected to enforce the ban, but is so reviled that slapping his name on a ban apparently is enough to diminish support by 40 percentage point. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:52:28 am by Sheb »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4809 on: February 08, 2017, 09:51:07 am »

Saying, "I don't want people from Muslim-majority countries immigrating" is less extreme than saying "I want to ban all people from those seven majority muslim country to even step in my country, even if they are just visiting".
They're about equally extreme imo
One discriminates on religion another on nationality

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: February 08, 2017, 09:53:17 am »

Nah, both are about people from Muslim-majority country, not Muslims per se. One is against them permanently settling, the other (the Trump one) is about them even soiling your clean soil with their dirty muslim feet.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: February 08, 2017, 09:56:13 am »

Trump's ban was totally retarded, even if you oppose immigration, you'd still want businessmen, tourists, scientists, students and the like to be able to come over.

And yet he was elected on a platform of enforcing it, so retarded or not, it seems to be what people want.

Are you about to start singing Sumer Is Icumen In and whip out the flaming torches? Because that's a hell of a strawman.
Sorry to say it, but Trump is a real flesh-and-blood critter, not a man of straw. If you want to argue that the US president is a bag filled with dry cereal stalks, you're going to need some damn good citations. I mean seriously, m8: The Orange Idiot is spewing unconstitutional EOs in every direction and calling his own judiciary a fraud. The burden of proof is on anyone trying to defend his actions.

But never mind the Murkans, this is Europol -- how about British right-wingers, like you? You're the one who said that old people should be denied the right to free healthcare because muh taxes or something. Much tradition, such respect.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: February 08, 2017, 10:04:11 am »

Saying, "I don't want people from Muslim-majority countries immigrating" is less extreme than saying "I want to ban all people from those seven majority muslim country to even step in my country, even if they are just visiting".

'even if they are just visiting... for the next 90 days'.

When you don't conveniently leave out that aspect, I think it's hard to argue the former is less extreme than the latter.

Yeah, that's a decent point actually. Although I wonder how Trump will walk down from his ban. He could just slap on a couple of extra useless measure and say that now it's extreme vetting (the same way he "fixed" the F-35), but I have issue seeing that.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: February 08, 2017, 10:35:03 am »

We have an healthcare thread?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:47 am »

I can confirm Master scriver's summary. It seems an awfully lenient sentence, even for a minor. Nonetheless, the matter was brought to court, which is at least something, although it is small comfort for the victims, or indeed any of us. With the current crisis within the police (summary: unpopular and somewhat misguided re-organisation and dreadful working conditions is sapping the force quite fiercely. Support your local Uncle Blue; they need it), an awful lot of cases tends to slip through the net.

Sweden is like watching the Hindenburg set forth on its voyage

I do sometimes feel as if I am feebly dangling on a tether rope trailing behind it. But I shall never let go.

Ugh, you guys need to toughen up your justice system a bit. I'm not for super long sentence in general, but this seems ridiculous.

It is. Rehabilitation can, indeed, be taken too far, when the concerns for a perpetrator eclipse the concern for a victim. In general, it seems as if the idea of a sentencing being a punishment and deterrent has largely been discarded. Personally, I would like repeat criminals of this type to be exiled, without delay. It would be better for everyone, including those migrants that intend to, and do, behave. It is a question of wheat and chaff, and avoiding the matter of sorting it does no good for anyone. I know that I harp on it quite often, but wide open doors does not help anyone, and it is not the generous, enlightened act of humanity that it seems. Taking a modicum of responsibility for one's migration, even and particularly when it is hard, knotty and morally difficult, is better for everyone.

-However-, in regard of all this, another rape case in Sweden has recently gone through court, and has ended quite differently. Indeed, Expressen has, against the usual custom, gone so far as to reveal their names and published pictures of the two men. Both are fairly well-known in some cirquits, one being an influential party arranger, the other a wealthy restaurant owner. Well, were. They have now been found guilty for several cases of rape, which includes minors (16). The event manager was sentenced to nine years, the (now former) restaurant ownerrecieved six. Both of them have appealed.
It it impossible to say how long a sentence actually will be, or how the appeal will be handled. However, their businesses and reputations have been soundly scuttled, so there is at least that.

Now then, from sex crime to Nazi terrorism: the group calling itself the Nordic Resistance Movement (Nordiska Motståndsrörelsen) has been up to quite a few tricks lately in and around the city of Gothenburg.

11th of November: a small explosive charge detonates and destroys the windows of a café and bookshop, run by an autonomous left-wing group. No injuries.
5th of January: an explosive charge severely injures a custodian outside of a migrant quarter, as he is emptying the bins.
25th of January: an unexploded, but live, charge is found by a camping ground that has been repurposed as a temporary transit quarter for migrants. The police manages to defuse it.

Three men (who are also, oddly, now named and pictured by Expressen, which is even more uncommon with merely suspects) have since been arrested and are now under investigation. All of them are connected to the Nordic Resistance Movement and the white power environment in general. It is possible that the men will be put under charges of terrorism, depending on how the investigation continues. Besides property damage and one severely injured man, it could have gone an awful lot worse, and I do hope that with the most ambitious types in the district under lock and key, there might be some peace and quiet.
The NRM claims that it, 'as an organisation', have not carried out these bombings. What that means is not particularly difficult to figure out.

This has lead to some interesting opinion soup. One can make the point that this would be treated as a much bigger and louder affair if the perpetrators were Islamic terrorists, rather than Nazis, which does strike me as true, there probably would be more about it if they were. On the other hand, there are calls to re-evaluate whether or not Nazism should be legal; it would be a breach against the freedom of opinion, but it would counter a very real threat from a radical, anti-democratic faction that wishes to topple the current state through force, goes the arguement. The same would probably never be expressed regarding radical Islamism, even though it is quite indistinguishable from Nazism on that particular count. (Indeed, beards seems to have become fashionable in the Nazi cirquits, as well).

As a very unfortunate aside, this movement have also, at times, appeared at bath houses to act as sort of volunteer security guards (that is, to speak plainly, to keep the gropey Afghans in line), which has caused some quarrels here and there. However, since sexual harrassment incidents seem to become rather common in public baths, one wonders why nothing seems to be done to fill the gap that they are evidently trying to plug themselves. It is a very unfortunate affair when Nazi militias are, in effect, providing an important social service.
Speaking of, they are at least not as bone-idle as the chaps in the Soldier of Odin-gangs. What they are doing with their time, I do not know, but it does not seem to be patroling the streets and keeping them safe. If they wanted to do some good for the community, there are plenty of areas in the city centre where they could do some good.

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 793